Shuggie OTIS

⬇️ SHUGGIE OTIS ⬇️
(Johnny Alexander Veliotes, Jr.)
DISCOGRAPHY 1969-2012 (17CD/DVD)
 BIOGRAPHY 
        
Shuggie Otis (born Johnny Alexander Veliotes, Jr.; November 30, 1953) is an American singer-songwriter, recording artist, and multi-instrumentalist.

Otis' composition "Strawberry Letter 23" (as recorded by The Brothers Johnson) topped the Billboard R&B chart and reached #5 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1977. He also achieved commercial success with his 1974 single "Inspiration Information" (from the album of the same name), reaching #56 on the R&B chart.

Born in Los Angeles, California, Otis is the son of rhythm and blues pioneer, musician, bandleader, and impresario Johnny Otis and wife Phyllis. The name "Shuggie" (short for "sugar", according to his mother) was coined by Phyllis when he was a newborn.

Otis began playing guitar when he was two years old and performing professionally with his father's band at the age of twelve, often disguising himself with dark glasses and a false mustache so that he could play with his father's band in after-hours nightclubs...... (Wikipedia)

Here Comes Shuggie Otis
SHOS-1971-Here Comes Shuggie Otis @ALAC

Freedom Flight
SHOS-1972-Freedom Flight @ALAC

Inspiration Information
(LP/CD)
 
SHOS-1974-Inspiration Information (LP) @FLAC
SHOS-1974-Inspiration Information (CD) @ALAC

In Session:
Great Rhythm & Blues
(1973-77)
SHOS-1977-In session (1973-77) @ALAC

Shuggie Otis Plays The Blues
SHOS-1994-Plays The Blues @FLAC

Here Comes Shuggie Otis
+ Freedom Flight
SHOS-2003-Here Comes Shuggie Otis+Freedom Flight @FLAC

Inspiration Information
 + Wings of Love
SHOS-2013-Inspiration_Wings Of Love @FLAC.CD1-2

Live à la Bellevilloise, Paris
(DVD)
SHOS-Live a la Bellevilloise 2012 (DVD) @MP4

Inter-Fusion
SHOS-2018-Inter_Fusion @FLAC



 COLLABORATION 
AL KOOPER
Kooper Super Session
ALKP-SHOS-1969-Kooper Session @FLAC

GUITAR SLIM GREEN
Stone Down Blues
(with Johnny & Shuggie OTIS)
GSGR-1970-Stone Down Blues @FLAC

JOHNNY OTIS
The New Johnny Otis Show
(with Shuggie Otis)
JOTI-1991-The New Johnny Otis Show @FLAC

Snatch & The Poontangs
(LP)
SNPT-SHOS-1969-Snatch And The Poontangs (LP) @FLAC

Cold Shot
+ Snatch & The Poontangs
 
JYOS-SHOS-2002-Cold Shot+Snatch @FLAC

PERSON LOVE
Preston Love's Omaha Bar-B-Q
(LP)
PSLV-1970-Preston Love's Omaha Bar-B-Q (LP) @ALAC

5 comments:

mwilson said...

Thanks for the Shuggie Otis

Doccus Rockus Maximus said...

Hi Chris... It's me again.. I hate to be appearing to be flogging a dead horse, bjut you're doing your readers a real disservice by not listing artists like Bo Diddkley and Duster Bennett.. and the others I mentioned. Bo Diddley is famous for having written some of the biggest blues hits around,, even Muddy covered his songs. Do you, maybe, not know that? Manniish Boy is a BO song, I hope you realize.. and there's many others.. He didn't JUST do one chord chinka chinka tracks.. And Duster Bennet was a big deal, as a classic one man band, Peter Green recorded several of his songs and played on several; of his albums. You mentioned, oddly enough, in your previous reply, that you "sometimes" listed non blues (Jazz) acts.. although I'd put it higher at maybe 15 %. That's irrelevant though, as ALL the artists I mentioned were PURE blues artists. Clearly you dont know as many as you think, or you'd never have called them, "jazz" artists.
I think you have to decide if this blog is a true *blues* blog, or a vanity project where only what you like gets listed.
If you decide to give these artists a go, I have ALL of them, I'll willingly contribute. After all, I've been playing in blues bands for almost 50 years, and listening for longer than that too... so I've got a sizeable collection.
Unfortunately I can't remember who the other ones I mentioned were.. I can only remember Bo and Duster..
Give it some thought

Manhatan said...

@Doccus

Thanks for your comment : my blog is open to any suggestion !
You're right : my blog is a "vanity" project where 15% of my library is here and I plan to share the whole thing over the years. As my library is just what I like I don't want anything else !
I joined a link to a graphic where you could see that I worked hard many years for 10/12 friends only and without Uncle Jim who referenced me and started the rush, I should be working the same ! I don't care ! I'm really happy to fill some gaps in blues lovers libraries but nobody is forced to browse my stuff and I don't pretend to be the best and the biggest Blues Blog in the world ! I don't win any money with it and its costs me a lot !
I recommend you to search the web and I'm sure you'll easily find what you want : there're so many blogs, better and fuller than me !

Keep safe & All the best
Chris-France

https://1fichier.com/?prnefy6wyni3ihaa1dbk
B.T.W I just reached, right now, up to +400,000 tracks and +3,100 DVD in my library and there is none a single track I don't like in it ! Sorry !!

Bob Mac said...

@Chris-France: Sorry you have to deal with bloody nincompoops Chris. It must get trying for you at times. Anyway, there are many of us out there who greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into your excellent blog.

Rhodb said...

@chris-France Keep doing what you know and disregard the critics. I find this site a wonderful reference to many great blues artists.

Regards