Memphis MINNIE

⬇️ MEMPHIS MINNIE ⬇️
(Lizzie Douglas)
DISCOGRAPHY 1929-2025 (72CD)
 BIOGRAPHY 
        
Memphis Minnie (June 3, 1897-August 6, 1973) was an American blues guitarist, vocalist and songwriter. She was the only female blues artist considered a match to male contemporaries as both a singer and an instrumentalist.


Born Lizzie Douglas in Algiers, Louisiana, Minnie was one of the most influential and pioneering female blues musicians and guitarists of all time. She recorded for forty years, almost unheard of for any woman in show business at the time and unique among female blues artists.


A flamboyant character who wore bracelets made of silver dollars, she was a very popular blues recording artist from the early Depression years through World War II.


One of the first generation of blues artists to take up the electric guitar, in 1942, she combined her Louisiana-country roots with Memphis blues to produce her own unique country-blues sound; along with Big Bill Broonzy and Tampa Red, she took country blues into electric urban blues, paving the way for Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, Little Walter, and Jimmy Rogers to travel from the small towns of the south to the big cities of the north...... (Wikipedia)

NEW!
1982-World of Trouble (LP) @FLAC

When The Levy Breaks
(The Best of)
MME-1929-When The Levy Breaks @256
TRACKS
01-I'm So Glad
02-When The Levy Breaks
03-Pickin The Blues
04-Three Times Seven Blues
05-Shout The Boogie
06-Bad Luck Woman
07-Moanin The Blues
08-Hoodoo Lady
09-New Bumble Bee
11-Cain't Afford To Do It
12-Squat It
13-Lookin The World Over
14-In My Girlish Days
15-My Butcher Man
16-Moonshine
17-Chickasaw Train Blues
18-Jockey Man Blues
18-Killer Diller Blues
19-My Gage Is Goin Up
20-Me And My Chauffer Blues
21-Doctor Doctor Blues
22-Please Set A Date

Queen of the Country Blues
Vol.1 (1929-37)
(5CD)
CD A-B
 
MME-1937-Queen of the Country Blues (1929-37) @ALAC.Disc_A-B
Disc A
Disc B
101-Goin' Back To Texas
102-Frisco Town
103-Bumble Bee
104-I'm Gonna Bake My Biscuits
105-Mister Tango Blues
106-She Wouldn't Give Me None
107-What Fault You Find Of Me (Part 1)
108-What Fault You Find Of Me (Part 2)
109-I'm Talking About You
110-Bumble Bee
111-Can I Do It For You (Part 1)
112-Can I Do It For You (Part 2)
113-I'm Going Back Home
114-Bumble Bee Blues
115-Meningitis Blues
116- I Never Told A Lie
117-Don't Want No Woman
118-Georgia Skin
119-I Don't Want No Woman
I Have To Give My Money To
120-Memphis Minnie-Jitis Blues Take A
121-Memphis Minnie-Jitis Blues Take B
122-Good Girl Blues
123-Plymouth Rock Blues
124-Bumble Bee No. 2
125-Georgia Skin Blues
201-New Dirty Dozen
202-New Bumble Bee
203-Frankie Jean (That Trottin' Fool)
204-I'm Talking 'Bout You - No. 2
205-She Put Me Outdoors
206-I Called You This Morning
207-Grandpa And Grandma Blues
208-Garage Fire Blues
209-Dirt Dauber Blues
210-You Dirty Mistreater
211-What's The Matter With The Mill
212-North Memphis Blues
213-I Don't Want That Junk Outa You
214-Crazy Cryin' Blues
215-Tricks Ain't Walking No More
216-Don't Bother It
217-Today Today Blues
218-Lay My Money Down (If You Run Around)
219-Hard Down Lie
220-Somebody's Got To Help You
221-Pickin' The Blues
222-Let's Go To Town
223-Soo Cow Soo
224-After While Blues
225-Fishin' Blues
CD C-D
 
MME-1937-Queen of the Country Blues (1929-37) @ALAC.Disc_C-D
Disc C
Disc D
301-Jailhouse Trouble Blues
302-Outdoor Blues
303-Where Is My Good Man
304-You Stole My Cake
305-Kind Treatment Blues
306-Socket Blues
307-My Butcher Man
308-Too Late
309-Ain't No Use Trying To Tell On Me
310-Stinging Snake Blues
311-Drunken Barrel House Blues
312-You Got To Move Pt. 1
313-Keep It To Yourself
314-Keep It To Yourself - (alternate take)
315-Chickasaw Train Blues (Low Down Dirty Thing)
316-Banana Man Blues (I Don't Want That Thing)
317-You Got To Move Pt. 2
318-Hole In The Wall
319-Give It To Me In My Hand
(Can I Go Home With You)
320-Squat It
321-Moaning The Blues
322-Dirty Mother For You
323-Sylvester And His Mule Blues
324-When You're Asleep
325-You Can't Give It Away

401-Let Me Ride
402-When The Saints Go Marching Home
403-Jockey Man Blues
404-Weary Woman's Blues
405-Reachin' Pete - (take A)
406-Reachin' Pete - (take B)
407-Down In New Orleans
408-You Wrecked My Happy Home
409-I'm Waiting On You
410-Keep On Goin'
411-Ball And Chain Blues
412-He's In The Ring - (take A)
413-He's In The Ring - (take B)
414-Joe Louis Strut
415-When The Sun Goes Down Part 2
416-Hustlin' Woman Blues
417-Selling My Pork Chops
418-Doctor, Doctor Blues
419-Biting Bug Blues
420-Minnie's Lonesome Song
421-You Ain't Done Nothing To Me
422-Ain't Nobody Home But Me - (take 1)
423-Ain't Nobody Home But Me - (take 2)
424-New Orleans Stop Time

CD E
MME-1937-Queen of the Country Blues (1929-37) @ALAC.Disc_E
TRACKS
501-Ice Man (Come On Up)
502-Hoodoo Lady
503-My Strange Man
504-I'm A Gamblin' Woman
505-I'm A Bad Luck Woman
506-Caught Me Wrong Again
507-Black Cat Blues - (take 1)
508-Black Cat Blues - (take 2)
509-Good Morning
510-Man You Won't Give Me No Money
511-If You See My Rooster (Please Run Him Home)
512-I Don't Want You No More
513-Out In The Cold
514-Dragging My Heart Around
515-Moonshine
516-It's Hard To Be Mistreated
517-Haunted Blues - (take 1)
518-Haunted Blues - (take 2)
519-Hot Stuff - (take 1)
520-Hot Stuff - (take 2)
521-Living The Best I Can
522-You Can't Rule Me
523-No Need You Doggin' Me
524-Look What You Got - (take 1)
525-Look What You Got - (take 2)

City Blues
MME-1938-City Blues @FLAC


Crazy Crying Blues
(1930-41)
 
MME-1941-Crazy Crying Blues (1930-41) @VBR
MME-1999-Crazy Crying Blues @ALAC

Early Rhythm & Blues
MME-1949-Early Rythm and Blues @FLAC
TRACKS
01-Down Home Girl (Memphis Minnie)
02-Night Watchman Blues (Take 1) (Memphis Minnie)
03-Night Watchman Blues (Take 2) (Memphis Minnie)
04-Why Did I Make You Cry (Memphis Minnie)
05-Kid Man Blues (Memphis Minnie)
06-Ludella (Jimmy Rogers)
07-Hard Work Boogie (St. Louis Jimmy)
08-Your Evil Ways (St. Louis Jimmy)
09-I Sit Up All Night (St. Louis Jimmy)
10-State Street Blues (St. Louis Jimmy)
11-When I Was Young (Sunnyland Slim)
12-Vicksburg Blues (Little Brother Montgomery)
13-A & B Blues (Little Brother Montgomery)
14-After Hour Blues (Little Brother Montgomery)
15-Sugar Mama Blues (Pee Wee Hughes)
16-Shreveport Blues (Pee Wee Hughes)

Hot Stuff (1936-49)
(LP)
MME-1977-Hot Stuff (1936-49) (LP) @FLAC


World of Trouble
(LP)
1982-World Of Trouble (LP) @FLAC

Queen of the Blues
MME-1997-Queen Of The Blues @FLAC

Good Biscuits
MME-1998-Good Biscuits @FLAC


Black Widow Stinger:
The Essential Recordings Vol.2
MME-1999-Black Widow Stinger Essential Recordings Vol.2 @FLAC


Moaning The Blues
MME-2000-Moaning The Blues @FLAC


Queen of the Delta Blues
Vol.2
(5CD Box Set)
CDA (1937-39) - CDB (1939-41) - CDC (1941-46)
  
CDD (1946-47) - CDE (1949-53)
 
MME-2004-Queen Of The Delta Blues Vol.2 @FLAC+
CDA   CDB   CDC   CDD   CDE

Columbia Original Masters
The Best of (1933-37)
MME-2008-Columbia Original Masters @FLAC

The Essential
MME-2010-The Essential @320.CD1-2

Looking the World Over
MME-2011-Looking the World Over @FLAC


Hoodoo Lady
(Authentic Blues Recordings)
MME-2015-Hoodoo Lady (ABR) @FLAC


Kid Blues
MME-2015-Kid Blues @FLAC


Chauffeur Blues
MME-2016-Chauffeur Blues @FLAC

Keep on Goin'
(1930-53)
MME-2016-Keep on Goin' (1930-53) @FLAC


Hoodoo Lady
MME-2018-Hoodoo Lady @FLAC


Killer Diller Blues
Her Best 24 Songs
MME-2018-Killer Diller Blues @FLAC

Me And My Chauffeur Blues
MME-2018-Me And My Chauffeur Blues @FLAC


The First Lady of Blues
MME-2019-The First Lady of Blues @FLAC

Pickin' the Blues
MME-2020-Pickin' the Blues @FLAC


The Complete Recordings
(2CD)
Vol.1 (1935-36)  -  Vol.2 (1935-41)
 
MME-2020 -The Complete Recordings Vol.1&2 @FLAC

Beale Street Blues
MME-2021-Beale Street Blues @FLAC


Memphis Minnie
MME-2021-Memphis Minnie @FLAC


The Queen of Country Blues
Selected Recordings (1929-53)
(4CD)
2025-The Queen Of Country Blues_Selected Recordings (1929-53) @FLAC


 COLLECTION 
⬇️ABC OF THE BLUES⬇️
Vol.29-M. Minnie & Big Maybelle
ABC Vol.29-Memphis Minnie & Big Maybelle @FLAC

⬇️BD BLUES⬇️
Memphis Minnie
(2CD)
BDB-Vol.13-Memphis Minnie @FLAC

⬇️BLUES CLASSICS⬇️
Memphis Minnie
BC01 - BC13
Vol.1 Memphis Minnie - Vol.2 Early Recordings+Joe McCoy
 
BC01-Vol.1 Memphis Minnie @FLAC
BC13-Memphis Minnie-Vol.2 Early Recordings with Joe McCoy @FLAC

⬇️BLUES ENCORE⬇️
In My Girlish Day
BE-MME-1994-In My Girlish Days @FLAC

DOCUMENT RECORDS
⬇️(5000 Series)⬇️
DOCD5028-29
DOCD5028-Memphis Minnie Vol.1 (1929-30) @ALAC
DOCD5029-Memphis Minnie Vol.2 (1930-31) @ALAC
DOCD5030-31
DOCD5030-Memphis Minnie Vol.3 (1931-32) @ALAC
 DOCD5031-Memphis Minnie Vol.4 (1933-34) @ALAC
⬇️(6000 Series)⬇️
BDCD6008-09
 
BDCD6008-Memphis Minnie Vol.1 (1935) @ALAC
BDCD6009-Memphis Minnie Vol.2 (1935-36) @ALAC
BDCD6010-11
 
BDCD6010-Memphis Minnie Vol.3 (1937) @ALAC
BDCD6011-Memphis Minnie Vol.4 (1938-39) @ALAC
BDCD6012
BDCD6012-Memphis Minnie Vol.5 (1940-41) @ALAC

WBCD008-9
 
WBCD008-Memphis Minnie Vol.1 (1944-46) @FLAC
WBCD009-Memphis Minnie Vol.2 (1946-47) @FLAC
WBCD010
WBCD010-Memphis Minnie Vol.3 (1949-53) @FLAC

⬇️ESSENTIAL CLASSICS⬇️
Vol. 469-Memphis Minnie
Vol. 469 Memphis Minnie @FLAC

CD34 - Memphis Minnie
J&BC-CD34 Memphis Minnie @FLAC

⬇️ROOT 'n' BLUES⬇️
Hoodoo Lady (1933-37)
RNB-MME-Hoodoo Lady (1933-37) @ALAC

⬇️THE BLUES COLLECTION⬇️
Vol.76-Lets Go To Memphis Town
TBC Vol.76 Memphis Minnie (Lets Go To Memphis Town) @FLAC

⬇️THE ROUGH GUIDE TO⬇️
Queen of the Country Blues
Rough Guide to Memphis Minnie @FLAC


 COLLABORATION 
⬇️BLIND WILLIE McTELL⬇️
Love Changin' Blues 1949
(LP)
1971-Love Changin' Blues 1949 (LP) @FLAC

⬇️VARIOUS ARTISTS⬇️
Four Women Blues
(The Victor/Bluebird Recordings)
VA-Four Women Blues @FLAC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,
A peine remis de mes émotions après le post de Fats Waller.....
Dans mes souvenirs JSP avait sorti 2 coffrets de 5CD de Memphis Minnie.
Un rêve ou une réalité ?
Bonne soirée
Alain

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,
Yes, Thanks to Günther !
Merci pour ce vol2 que je cherchais.
Bonne journée
Alain

AUSTRAL ALIEN said...

Hi there, I love your blog. Never seen so much Blues and related stuff ever before. I know you have had some hassles, but I would like to Download 2 Albums on the Document label by Memphis Minnie - They are DOCD5028 AND DOCD5029. Volumes 1 & 2. They don't seem to appear on the Mega NZ Download site. Could I make a request for you to add these 2 to your list, please, merci

Manhatan said...

@AUSTRAL ALIEN

What's DOCUMENT RECORDS ?? COLLECTION ?? Right !!
Is there a link to COLLECTION (Right column) : YES !!
If I browse through COLLECTION, do I find DOCUMENT RECORDS folders ? YES !
In which folder may I find 5028/29 items ?? 5000 ?? Right
If I scroll down to 5028/29 folders could I find/select them : YES
May I DL them : YES !
Problem solve ...

All the Best Blues
Chris-France