Michael BURKS

⬇️ MICHAEL BURKS ⬇️
(Michael 'Iron Man' Burks)
(8CD)
 BIOGRAPHY 
Michael Burks (July 30, 1957 – May 6, 2012) was an American electric blues and soul blues guitarist, singer and songwriter. He is best known for his tracks, "I Smell Smoke" and "Hard Come, Easy Go", and variously worked with Johnnie Taylor, O.V. Wright, and Marquise Knox. He was the son of the bassist, Frederick Burks.


The Allmusic journalist, Tim Sheridan once noted "... while his vocals are not stellar, he has a rich, gritty quality to his singing that is nicely matched to his guitar playing."


Burks was known as 'Iron Man' for his energetic and passion filled performances on stage. He was nominated five times for a Blues Music Award and, in 2004, Living Blues presented him with the Critics' Award for Best Guitarist....

From The Inside Out
MBK-1999-From the Inside Out @FLAC+

Make It Rain
MBK-2001-Make It Rain @ALAC
TRACKS
01-Hit The Ground Running
02-Got A Way With Women
03-Beggin' Business
04-What Can A Man Do
05-Mean Old Lady
06-Everybody's Got Their Hand Out
07-Thank God For Fools
08-Make It Rain
09-Heartless
10-Don't Let It Be A Dream
11-Pack It Up
12-Voodoo Spell

Live At Alter Wartesaal,
Cologne
MBK-2002-Live At Alter Wartesaal, Cologne @FLAC


I Smell Smoke
MBK-2003-I Smell Smoke @ALAC
TRACKS
01-All Your Affection Is Gone
02-One More Chance
03-I Smell Smoke
04-Time I Came In Out Of The Rain
05-Hard Love
06-Miss Mercy
07-Let The Door Knob Hit You
08-Lie To Me
09-Willing To Crawl
10-I Hope He's Worth My Pain
11-Good Man, Bad Thing
12-Snake Eggs

Iron Man
MBK-2008-Iron Man @FLAC
TRACKS
01-Love Disease
02-Strange Feeling
03-Empty Promises
04-Salty Tears
05-No More Crying
06-Ashes in My Ashtray
07-Don't Waste My Time
08-Quiet Little Town
09-Hard Come, Easy Go
10-Icepick Through My Heart
11-Fire And Water
12-Changed Man

Show of Strength
MBK-2012-Show Of Strength @FLAC
TRACKS
01-Count On You
02-Take A Chance On Me, Baby
03-Storm Warning
04-Can You Read Between The Lines
05-Cross Eyed Woman
06-Little Juke Joint
07-24 Hour Blues
08-Valley Of Tears
09-Since I Been Loving You
10-I Want To Get You Back
11-What Does It Take To Please You
12-Feel Like Going Home

The Alligator Records Years
MBK-2013-The Alligator Records Years @320


I'm A Bluesman
MBK-2016-I_m A Bluesman @FLAC+

4 comments:

erik said...

Hi Chris,
MBK-2008-Iron Man @FLAC
Is a invalid file, wont unzip.
Greetz, Erik

Manhatan said...

Hi Erik !

Thanks !

I DLed it and its was indeed corrupted (1Fichier isn't a must about FTP transferts !!)

Corrected !

B.T.W. Several users noticed me about some bad links but I can't do anything cause I tried all the "bad" links and they worked fine by me ?? If you still have an account, do you see the same behaviour ??

Greets

Chris-France

Rhodb said...

Thanks for the Michael Burks share

very under rated bluesman

Regards

Becks Dark said...

I saw Michael one time years ago at Callahans in Auburn Hills Michigan. He was a great musician. The concert was fantastic and I got to tell him that after the show. His cousin Larry McCray is another fine guitar player from Saginaw, Michigan by the way