ATLANTIC BLUES (1949-70)
CD 1-4
TRACKS
101-Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee
....(Stick Mcghee)
102-Drank Up All The Wine Last Night
....(Stick Mcghee)
103-The Razor Ball (Barrelhouse Sammy)
104-Last Dime Blues (Barrelhouse Sammy)
105-Mardi Gras In New Orleans
....(Roy 'baldhead' Byrd)
106-Hey Now Baby (Professor Longhair)
107-She Walks Right In (Prof.Longhair)
108-Tee-Nah-Nah (Professor Longhair)
109-Let's Do It (Stick Mcghee)
110-House Warmin' Boogie (Stick Mcghee)
111-Dallas Bebop Blues (Lawyer Houston)
112-In The Army Since 1941
....(Soldier Boy Houston)
113-Goodnight Irene (Leadbelly)
114-Vicksburg Blues '51
....(Little Brother Montgomery)
115-Talkin' Boogie
....(Little Brother Montgomery)
116-Yancey Special (Jimmy Yancey)
117-Santa Fe Blues (Jimmy & Mama Yancey)
118-Monkey Woman Blues
....(Jimmy & Mama Yancey)
119-Worried Life Blues (Ray Charles)
120-All Night Lover Blues
....(Jimmy 'baby Face' Lewis)
201-Jump, Everybody, Jump
.....(Joe Morris Blues Cavalcade)
202-Anytime, Any Place, Anywhere
.....(Joe Morris Blues Cavalcade)
203-I'm So Good To You
.....(Jimmy “baby Face” Lewis)
204-Rock Me Daddy
.....(Joe Morris Blues Cavalcade)
205-Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
.....(Joe Morris Blues Cavalcade)
206-Chains Of Love (Joe Turner)
207-Bump Miss Susie (Joe Turner)
208-Let's Get Together
.....And Make Some Love
.....(Jimmy Lewis)
209-Every Time (Lil Green)
210-I've Got That Feelin' (Lil Green)
211-Sweet Sixteen (Joe Turner)
212-Alarm Clock Boogie (Odelle Turner)
213-Messin' Up (Chuck Norris)
214-Losing Hand (Ray Charles)
215-Feelin' Sad (Ray Charles)
216-Tv Mama (Joe Turner)
217-Oke-She-Moke-She-Pop (Joe Turner)
218-Last Call For Whiskey
.....(Choker Campbell)
219-Tipitina (Professor Longhair)
220-Who's Been Fooling You
.....(Professor Longhair)
301-Big Foot May (Hal Paige)
302-In The Evening (Joe Turner)
303-Roll Baby Roll (Floyd Dixon)
304-Wait Baby (Little Johnny Jones)
305-Hoy Hoy (Little Johnny Jones)
306-Chicago Blues (Little Johnny Jones)
307-Hey Bartender (Floyd Dixon)
308-When I Get Lucky (Floyd Dixon)
309-Floyd's Blues (Floyd Dixon)
310-Papa Ain't Salty (T-Bone Walker)
311-Play On Little Girl (T-Bone Walker)
312-T-Bone Blues Special (T-Bone Walker)
313-Roll 'em Pete (Joe Turner)
314-Piney Brown Blues (Joe Turner)
315-Down Through The Years (Guitar Slim)
316-It's Too Late (Chuck Willis)
317-Ain't Nobody's Business (J.Witherspoon)
318-How Long Blues (Jimmy Witherspoon)
319-T-Bone Blues (T-Bone Walker)
320-Call It Stormy Monday (T-Bone Walker)
401-After The Lights Go Down Low
.....(Al Hibbler)
402-Empty Bed Blues (Lavern Baker)
403-Nobody Knows You When You're Down
.....(Lavern Baker)
404-Preaching The Blues (Lavern Baker)
405-Nasty Boogie (Champion Jack Dupree)
406-Junker's Blues (Champion Jack Dupree)
407-Along About Midnight (Guitar Slim)
408-My Time Is Expensive (Guitar Slim)
409-Trouble In Mind (Jimmy Ricks)
410-Romance In The Dark (Jimmy Ricks)
411-Two Years Of Torture (Ray Charles)
412-I'm Gettin' 'long Alright
.....(Esther Phillips)
413-Confessin' The Blues
.....(Esther Phillips)
414-Cherry Red (Esther Phillips)
415-Going Down Slow (Aretha Franklin)
416-Today I Sing The Blues
.....(Aretha Franklin)
417-River's Invitation (Aretha Franklin)
418-Play It Cool (Freddie King)
419-I Don't Know (Freddie King)
420-My Love For You Will Never Die
.....(Otis Rush)
ATLANTIC BLUES-Atlantic Blues (1949-70) @ALAC
CD1-4
CHICAGO
Chicago
01-Chicago Blues (Johnny Jones)
02-Poor Man's Plea (B.Guy & J.Wells)
03-My Baby She Left Me (B.Guy & J.Wells)
04-T-Bone Shuffle (B.Guy & J.Wells)
05-I Wonder Why (Freddie King)
06-Play It Cool (Freddie King)
07-Wake up This Morning (Freddie King)
08-Gambler's Blues (Otis Rush)
09-Feel So Bad (Otis Rush)
10-Reap What You Sow (Otis Rush)
11-Highway 49 (Howlin' Wolf)
12-Honey Bee (Muddy Waters)
13-Wang Dang Doodle (Koko Taylor)
14-Dust My Broom (Johnny Shines)
15-Please Send Me Someone to Love
....(Luther Allison)
16-Walkin' the Dog
....(Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson)
17-I Feel So Good (J. B. Hutto)
ATLANTIC BLUES-Chicago @320
GUITAR
Guitar
01-Broke Down Engine
....(Blind Willie McTell)
02-Shake 'Em on Down
....(Mississippi Fred McDowell)
03-My Baby Don't Love Me
....(John Lee Hooker)
04-Tall Pretty Woman (Stick McGhee)
05-The Blues Rock (Texas Johnny Brown)
06-There Goes the Blues
....(Texas Johnny Brown)
07-Bongo Boogie (Texas Johnny Brown)
08-Two Bones and a Pick (T-Bone Walker)
09-Let Me Know (Chuck Brown)
10-Down Through the Years (Guitar Slim)
11-Okie Dokie Stomp (Cornell Dupree)
12-TV Mama (Big Joe Turner)
13-Reconsider Baby (Al King)
14-Midnight Midnight (Mickey Baker)
15-I Smell Trouble (Ike & Tina Turner)
16-Why I Sing the Blues (B.B. King)
17-Crosscut Saw (Albert King)
18-Born Under a Bad Sign (Albert King)
19-Shake for Me (John Hammond, Jr.)
20-Flood Down in Texas
....(Stevie Ray Vaughan)
ATLANTIC BLUES-Guitar @320
PIANO
Piano
01-Yancey Special (Jimmy Yancey)
02-Talkin' Boogie
....(Little Brother Montgomery)
03-Mournful Blues (Jimmy Yancey)
04-Salute to Pinetop (Jimmy Yancey)
05-Shave 'Em Dry (Jimmy Yancey)
06-Frankie & Johnny (Jack Dupree)
07-TB Blues (Jack Dupree)
08-Strollin' (Jack Dupree)
09-Tipitina (Professor Longhair)
10-Blue Sender (Vann Piano Man Walls)
11-After Midnight
....(Vann Piano Man Walls)
12-Roll 'Em Pete (Joe Turner)
13-Fore Day Rider (Jay McShann)
14-My Chile (Jay McShann)
15-Cow Cow Blues (Meade Lux Lewis)
16-Albert's Blues (Meade Lux Lewis)
17-Honky Tonk Train Blues
....(Meade Lux Lewis)
18-Low Society (Ray Charles)
19-Hey Bartender (Floyd Dixon)
20-Floyd's Blues (Floyd Dixon)
21-After Hours Blues
....(Texas Johnny Brown)
22-Junco Partner (Doctor John)
23-I Don't Know (Willie Mabon)
ATLANTIC BLUES-Piano @320
VOCALISTS
Vocalists
01-Suitcase Blues (Sippie Wallace)
02-Trouble in Mind (Jimmy Witherspoon)
03-In the Evenin' (Jimmy Witherspoon)
04-Gimme a Pigfoot (LaVern Baker)
05-How Long Blues (Mama Yancey)
06-Oke-She-Moke-She-Pop (Joe Turner)
07-I've Got That Feelin' (Lil Green)
08-Every Time (Lil Green)
09-Destination Love (Wynonie Harris)
10-Tell a Whale of a Tale (Wynonie Harris)
11-Rain Is a Bringdown (Ruth Brown)
12-Nothing Stays the Same Forever
....(Percy Mayfield)
13-River's Invitation (Ted Taylor)
14-Just Like a Fish (Esther Phillips)
15-Pouring Water on a Drowning Man
....(Otis Clay)
16-Did You Ever Love a Woman (Rufus Thomas)
17-Baby Girl Parts 1 & 2 (Titus Turner)
18-Ain't That Lovin' You (Bobby Bland)
19-It's My Own Tears That's Being Wasted
....(Johnny Copeland)
20-Cheatin' Woman (Eldridge Holmes)
21-I Had a Dream (Johnny Taylor)
22-Takin' Another Man's Place
....(Aretha Franklin)
23-It's a Hang-Up Baby (Z. Z. Hill)
ATLANTIC BLUES-Vocalists @320
1 comment:
I've been following your blog for about 2 weeks now, upgrading a lot of the discs in my collection and discovering new ones. My own particular tastes run towards blues of the 50s and 60s where it was starting to influence and be influenced by, Rock and Roll. So I mainly just want to say thank you!
Post a Comment