DISCOGRAPHY 1941-2019 (47CD/DVD)
BIOGRAPHY
Jay McShann (January 12, 1916-December 7, 2006) was a jump blues,
mainstream jazz, and swing bandleader, pianist and singer.
During the 1940s, McShann was at the forefront of blues and hard bop
jazz musicians mainly from Kansas City.
He assembled his own big band, with musicians that included some of
the most influential artists of their time, including Charlie Parker,
Bernard Anderson, Ben Webster and Walter Brown.
His kind of music became known as "the Kansas City sound.
Nicknamed Hootie, McShann was born in Muskogee, Oklahoma.
Musically, his education came from Earl Hines' late-night broadcasts
from Chicago's Grand Terrace Cafe: "When 'Fatha' [Hines] went off
the air, I went to bed".
He began working as a professional musician in 1931, performing
around Tulsa, Oklahoma and neighboring Arkansas......
(Wikipedia)
Hootie's K.C. Blues
TRACKS
A1. Hootie Blues
A2. Red River Blues
A3. Confessin' The Blues
A4. Vine Street Boogie
A5. 'Fore Day Rider
A6. Sepian Bounce
A7. Hold 'Em Hootie
A8. Swingmatism
B1. The Jumpin' Blues
B2. One Woman's Blues
B3. Get Me On Your Mind
B4. Dexter Blues
B5. Hootie's Ignorant Oil
B6. (New) Confessin' The Blues
B7. Lonely Boy Blues
B8. So You Won't Jump
JMSH-1941-Hootie's K.C. Blues @320
Side A: Rec. Dallas 30/04/41 - Side B: Rec. Chicago 18/11/41
1983 Release
Early Bird
(with Chalie Parker)
TRACKS
01-I Found a New Baby [studio 1940]
02-Body and Soul [studio 1940]
03-Moten Swing [studio 1940]
04-Coquette [studio 1940]
05-Oh, Lady Be Good [studio 1940]
06-Wichita Blues [studio 1940]
07-Honeysuckle Rose [studio 1940]
08-Cherokee [live 1941]
09-You Say Forward, I'll March [live 1943]
10-Lonely Boy Blues [live 1943]
11-Vine Street Boogie [live 1943]
12-Jump the Blues [live 1943]
13-One O'Clock Jump (Theme) [live 1943]
14-Bottle It [studio 1943]
15-Sweet Georgia Brown [live 1943]
16-Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams [live 1943]
17-One O'Clock Jump [live 1943]
JMSH-1943-Early Bird @320
The Big Apple Bash
TRACKS
01-Crazy Legs And Friday Strut
02-Georgia On My Mind
03-Dickie's Dream
04-Ain't Misbehavin'
05-I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water
06-Blue Feeling
07-Jumpin' The Blues
JMSH-1971-The Big Apple Bash @320
Goin' To Kansas City
(LP)
TRACKS
01-Doggin' Around
02-Hootie's Ignorant Oil
03-Blue And Sentimental
04-Hootie's In Hutchinson
05-Say Forward, I'll March
06-Four Day Rider
07-Moten Swing
JMSH-1972-Goin' To Kansas City (LP) @ALAC
The Man From Muskogee
TRACKS
01-After You've Gone.mp3
02-'Fore Day Rider.mp3
03-Yardbird Suite.mp3
04-I'll Catch The Sun.mp3
05-Things Ain't What They Used To Be.mp3
06-Smooth Sailing.mp3
07-Mary Ann.mp3
08-These Foolish Things.mp3
09-Hootie Blues.mp3
10-Nancy Boogie.mp3
11-Jumpin' At The Woodside.mp3
JMSH-1972-The Man From Muskogee @320
Kansas City Memories
(with Milt Buckner)
TRACKS
01-Vine Street Boogie
02-Cherry Red
03-Milt Jay Bird
04-Yardbird Waltz
05-My Chile
06-Hot Biscuits
07-'Tain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do
08-Doo Wah Doo
09-Funky K.C.
10-Please Mister McShann
11-Honeysuckle Rose
JMSH-1973-Kansas City Memories @192
In Copenhagen
TRACKS
01-After Hours
02-Kansas City Blues
03-How Long Blues
04-The Staggers
05-Vognporten Boogie
06-Ace In The Hole
07-Yardbird Waltz
08-Man From Muskogee
09-Diblin And Bablin
10-'Fore Day Rider
11-Tain't Nobody's Business
12-Doo-Wah-Doo
13-Hot Biscuits
14-Cherry Red
15-Jumpin' With McShann
16-After Hours
JMSH-1977-In Copenhagen @320
Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz
TRACKS
01-Vine Street Boogie
02-Conversation
03-Georgia On My Mind
04-Conversation
05-'Deed I Do
06-Conversation
07-Living Back Street For You
08-Conversation
09-My Chile
10-Conversation
11-T'Ain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do
12-Conversation
13-What's Your Story Morning Glory
14-Conversation
15-Confessin' The Blues
16-Conversation
17-Oh Lady Be Good
18-Conversation
JMSH-1979-Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz (VBR)
Best of Friends
(with Al Casey)
TRACKS
01-'deed I Do
02-One O'Clock Jump
03-Going To Kansas City
04-One Sweet Blues
05-Rosetta
06-How Deep Is The Ocean
07-Anything
08-Hello Little Girl
09-Hony Tonk Train
10-Lady Be Good
11-Casey's Shuffle
12-The Stroll
13-A Mess Of Trouble
14-Noodlin'
15-Al's Theme
JMSH-1982-Best Of Friends (VBR)
Just A Lucky So And So
TRACKS
01-When I Grow To Old To Dream
02-Georgia On My Mind
03-Basin Street Blues
04-Red Sails In The Sunset
05-On A Clear Day You Can See Forever
06-Lazy River
07-Once Upon A Time
08-Just A Lucky So And So
JMSH-1983-Just A Lucky So And So @VBR
Airmail Special
TRACKS
01-Airmail Special
02-Drop Me Off In Harlem
03-Blue And Sentimental
04-Swingin' The Blues
05-Rose Room
06-The Lucky Old Sun
07-Blue Lou
08-Tenderly
09-Jumpin' The Blues
10-Rockin' In Rhythm
JMSH-1985-Airmail Special @320
Havin' Fun
TRACKS
01-Jumpin' The Blues
02-Nevertheless
03-Vine Street Boogie
04-Summertime
05-Margie
06-Sometimes I Wonder
07-Lullaby Of Birdland
08-Just Squeeze Me
09-All Of Me
10-Wellington Street Bounce
JMSH-1986-Havin' Fun (128)
Roll 'em
TRACKS
01-Hand's off
02-Hootie ignorant oil
03-Confessin' the blues
04-Roll 'em
05-Kansas city
06-Our kinda blues
07-Rollin' with roland
08-Stompin' in K.C.
09-After hours
10-Hootie blues
11-'fore day rider
12-Shorty george
13-Jive at five
14-Just you, just me
15-Tain't nobody's business if I do
JMSH-1987-Roll 'em @ALAC
Live In Paris
(DVD)
TRACKS
01. Yardbird Suite
02. Moten Swing
03. Jump The Blues
04. Blues Impressions
05. Tender Touch
06. Lonely Boy Blues
07. Harlem Nocturne
08. Vine Street Boogie
09. Yardbird Suitem Reprise
JMSH-1989-Live In Paris (DVD) @MKV
Paris All-Star Blues
TRACKS
01-The Jumpin' Blues
02-Moten Swing
03-I'm Just a Lucky So & So
04-Lonely Boy Blues
05-Parker's Mood
06-Say Forward, I'll March
07-Tender Touch
08-Swingin' the Blues
09-Confessin' the Blues
10-Have You Ever Had the Blues
11-Sebastian
12-Vine Street Boogie
13-Hootie Blues
JMSH-1991-Paris All-Star Blues @ALAC
Blues From Kansas City
TRACKS
01-Swingmatism
02-Hootie Blues
03-Dexter Blues
04-Vine Street Boogie
05-Confessin' The Blues
06-Hold 'Em Hootie
07-One Woman's Man
08-'Fore Day Rider
09-So You Won't Jump
10-New Confessin' The Blues
11-Red River Blues
12-Baby Heart Blues
13-Cryin' Won't Make Me Stay
14-Hootie's Ignorant Oil
15-Lonely Boy Blues
16-Get Me On Your Mind
17-The Jumpin' Blues
18-Sepian Bounce
19-Say Forward, I'll March
20-Wrong Neighborhood
21-Hometown Blues
JMSH-1992-Blues From Kansas City @FLAC
The Missouri Connection
(with John Hicks)
TRACKS
01-The Missouri Connection
02-I'm Getting Sentimental Over You
03-I'm Just A Lucky So And So
04-Jumpin' The Blues
05-Sweet Lorraine
06-Reflections
07-What Am I Here For
08-Fiddlin' Around
09-All Of Me
10-In A Sentimental Mood
11-There Will Never Be Another You
JMSH-1992-The Missouri Connection @FLAC
Warm
TRACKS
01-Kansas City
02-My Funny Valentine
03-Blue Skies
04-In A Sentimental Mood
05-Hootie's Blues
06-Blue Monk
07-Satin Doll
08-Am I Blue
09-It Had To Be You
10-Lazy River
11-Lover Man
12-A Train
13-As Time Goes By
JMSH-1992-Warm @FLAC
Some Blues
TRACKS
01-I'm Gonna Sit Right Down
02-Gee Baby Ain't I Good To You
03-Rompin' at Rudy's
04-Sweet Lorraine
05-Daddling
06-Preaching Blues
07-Ho House Blues
08-Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
09-Don't You Love Your Daddy No More
10-Hey Hootie
11-The Jumpin' Blues
12-I Want a Little Girl
13-Jazzspeak
JMSH-1993-Some Blues @ALAC
Hootie's Jumpin' Blues
(with Duke Robillard)
TRACKS
01-Hootie Blues
02-Vine Street Boogie
03-'Fore Day Rider
04-Hands Off
05-Profoundly Blue
06-Doo Wah Doo
07-I Want A Little Girl
08-Jumpin' The Blues
09-Confessin' The Blues
10-Hootie Ignorant Oil
11-Hootie Blues For Big Miller
12-Interview & Solo Piano
JMSH-1997-Hootie's Jumpin' Blues @ALAC
My Baby with the Black Dress On
TRACKS
01-New Hootie Blues
02-Evenin'
03-But Not for Hootie
04-Stardust
05-Georgia on My Mind
06-My Chile
07-I Just Picked It Out of the Sky
08-Body and Soul
09-All of Me
10-Cherry Red
11-Vine Street Boogie
12-Yardbird Waltz
13-Hands Off
14-I'll See You in My Dreams
15-Jazzspeak
JMSH-1998-My Baby With The Black Dress On @FLAC
Still Jumpin' The Blues
(with Duke Robillard & Maria Muldaur)
TRACKS
01-Goin' To Chicago
02-Moten Swing
03-Sunny Side Of The Street
04-Ain't Nobody's Business
05-Come On Over To My House
06-Trouble In Mind
07-Say Forward, I'll March
08-Backwater blues
09-She's Got It
10-Hootie's K.C. Christmas Prayer
11-Interview with Jay McShann
JMSH-1999-Still Jumpin' The Blues @ALAC
The Last of The Blue Devils
TRACKS
01-Confessin' The Blues
02-'Tain't Nobody's Business If I Do
03-Hootie Blues
04-Blue Devil Jump
05-My Chile
06-Jumpin' At The Woodside
07-Just For You
08-Hot Biscuits
09-'Fore Day Rider
10-Kansas City
JMSH-1999-The Last Of The Blue Devils @ALAC
Hootie!
TRACKS
01-Cruisin' the Blues
02-Moonlight in Vermont
03-Kewpie Doll
04-Yardbird Suite
05-You're Driving Me Crazy
....Moten Swing
06-Flippin' the Blues
07-All of Me
08-As Time Goes By
09-Sweet Georgia Brown
10-My Chile
11-Forward March
12-Crazy Legs and Friday Strut
13-Moanin' Blues
14-Closing
JMSH-2000-Hootie @FLAC
What A Wonderful World
TRACKS
01-Piney Brown Blues
02-Cherry Red
03-Just For You
04-Gee Baby Aint I Good To You
05-Crazy Legs and Friday Strut
06-Rain Is Such A Lonesome Sound
07-Land Of Dreams
08-Lonely Boy Blues
09-Hot Biscuits
10-Blue Monday
11-What A Wonderful World
JMSH-1999-What A Wonderful World @FLAC
Hot Biscuits
(The Essential 1941-49)
TRACKS
01-Hold 'Em Hootie
02-Confessin' The Blues
03-Vine Street Boogie
04-Hootie's Ignorant Oil
05-Wrong Neighborhood
06-The Jumpin' Blues
07-When I've Been Drinking
08-Bad Tale Boogie
09-Hard Working Man's Blues
10-McShann's Boogie Blues
11-Merry-Go-Round Blues
12-Bucktown Boogie
13-Garfield Avenue Blues
14-Shipyard Woman Blues
15-Walking Blues
16-Voodoo Woman Blues
17-Hot Biscuits
18-Have You Ever Loved A Woman
19-Louie's Guitar Boogie
20-Twelve O'clock Whistle
21-McShann Bounce
22-Gone With The Blues
23-M.R. Boogie
24-Slow Drag Blues
25-Geronimo
JMSH-2002-Hot Biscuits @FLAC
Goin' To Kansas City
(CD)
TRACKS
01-Kansas City
02-Trouble In Mind
03-When I Grow Too Old To Dream
04-Nasty Attitude
05-My Chile
06-Wrong Neighborhood
07-Just For You
08-Confessin' The Blues
09-Kansas City (Revisited)
10-Jay And Johnnie Conversation
11-Some Kinda Crazy
12-One Woman's Man
13-Doo Wah Doo
14-'fore Day Rider
15-Ain't Nobody's Business
16-The Fish Fry Boogie
17-Crying Won't Make Me Stay
18-Interview (Jay At Home)
JMSH-2003-Goin To Kansas City @FLAC
Confessin' the Blues
(The Best of)
TRACKS
01-Nasty Attitude
02-Spoon Calls Hootie
03-Trouble in Mind
04-Lonely Boy Blues
05-Come on Over to My House
06-Hometown Blues
07-Walking
08-Jumpin' Blues
09-When I've Been Drinking
10-'Fore Day Rider
11-New Confessin' the Blues
12-Red River Blues
13-Baby Heart Blues
14-Cryin' Won't Make Me Stay
15-Hootie's Ignorant Oil
16-One Woman's Man
17-Confessin' the Blues
18-Hootie Blues
JMSH-2005-Confessin' the Blues @ALAC
Hootie Blues
TRACKS
01-Confessin' The Blues
02-Yes Sir, That's My Baby
03-When The Lights Go Out
04-Hootie Blues
05-My Chile
06-I'll Catch The Sun
07-All Of Me
08-Deed I Do
09-Jay Mcshann Interview
JMSH-2006-Hootie Blues @FLAC
A Rockin' Good Way
(1955-59)
(with Priscilla Bowman)
TRACKS
01-Hands Off
02-Another Night
03-Hootie Blues
04-Tortured
05-Jay's Jam
06-Four Plus
07-I've Got News for You
08-My Darkest Night
09-Don't Need Your Lovin'
10-Yes, I'm Glad
11-A Spare Man
12-Sugar Daddy
13-Don't You Come in Here
14-A Rockin' Good Way
15-I Ain't Givin' Up Nothin'
16-If I Had the Power
17-Where Will It End
18-Like a Baby
19-Why Must I Cry
20-What I Wouldn't Give
21-Promises, Promises
JMSH-2019-A Rockin Good Way (1955-59) @FLAC
COLLECTION
Jay McShann & The Blues Singer
(1941-49)
TRACKS 01-Confessin The Blues 02-Hootie Blues 03-Baby Heart Blues 04-Hooties Ignorant Oil 05-Lonely Boy Blues 06-The Jumpin Blues 07-Wrong Neighborhood 08-Trouble In Mind 09-Hard Working Mans Blues 10-Walking 11-Merry Go Round Blues 12-Crown Prince Boogie 13-Voodoo Woman Blues 14-Have You Ever Loved A Woman 15-How Long Blues 16-Moneys Getting Cheaper 17-Thinking About My Baby 18-Spoon Calls Hootie 19-Twleve Oclock Whistle 20-You Better Leave My Woman Alone 21-Nasty Attitude 22-New Style Baby
Jay McShann & The Blues Singer (1941-49) @FLAC
Vol.21 Kansas City Blues
(3CD)
TRACKS
101-Moten Swing (Jay McShann)
102-Come On Over To My House (Jay McShann)
103-Trouble In Mind (Jay McShann)
104-On The Sunny Side Of The Street (Jay McShann)
105-Confessin' The Blues (Jay McShann)
106-Walkin' Blues (Jay McShann)
107-Hard Working Man Blues (Jay McShann)
108-When I've Been Drinking (Jay McShann)
109-Merry-Go-Round Blues (Jay McShann)
110-Bad Tale Boogie (Jay McShann)
111-McShann's Boogie Blues (Jay McShann)
112-Everything Will Be All Right (Jay McShann)
113-Pic's Boogie (Jay McShann)
114-Scotty's (Jay McShann)
115-Cover Up (Jay McShann)
116-(Scotty Can Blow) Kicks (Jay McShann)
117-Tonight's The Night (Julia Lee)
118-My Man Stands Out (Julia Lee)
119-Do You Want It (Julia Lee)
120-It Comes In Like A Lion (Julia Lee)
121-When You Want Chili (Bus Moten)
122-It's Hard To Laugh Or Smile (Bus Moten)
123-You'll Wind Up On Top (Bus Moten)
124-On The Gravy Train (Bus Moten)
201-Don't Come Too Soon (Julia Lee)
202-Ugly Papa (Julia Lee)
203-Don't Save It Too Long (Julia Lee)
204-After Hours Waltz (Julia Lee)
205-I Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None Of My Jelly Roll
.....(Bus Moten)
206-Sugar Daddy Blues (Bus Moten)
207-Gone (Bus Moten)
208-Gotta Good Reason For Being Bad (Bus Moten)
209-Play The Blues (Walter Brown)
210-What Evil Have I Done (Walter Brown)
211-Gonna Play With Your Woman (Walter Brown)
212-Work Don't Bother Me (Walter Brown)
213-Goosed (Tommy Douglas)
214-Jackson County Romp (Tommy Douglas)
215-Mizzou' (Tommy Douglas)
216-Hot Sauce (Tommy Douglas)
217-Inform Me Baby (Walter Brown)
218-Lyin' Woman Blues (Walter Brown)
219-Suppressin' The Blues (Walter Brown)
220-Hello and Goodbye (Walter Brown)
221-You Ain't Got It No More (Julia Lee)
222-When Your Lover Has Gone (Julia Lee)
223-Oh Chuck It (In A Bucket) (Julia Lee)
224-Decent Woman Blues (Julia Lee)
225-Dragging My Heart Around (Julia Lee)
301-Kickapoo (Tommy Douglas)
302-Tea For Tommy (Tommy Douglas)
303-If You Don't, Why Don't You (Tommy Douglas)
304-I Want You To Be My Guy (Tommy Douglas)
305-Douglas Boogie (Tommy Douglas)
306-The Killion (Tommy Douglas)
307-Leaving Town Blues (Tommy Douglas)
308-Lights Out (Tommy Douglas)
309-Turn It Over (Bus Moten)
310-That Did It (Bus Moten)
311-Best Friend Blues (Bus Moten)
312-Baby You Messed Up (Bus Moten)
313-You Better Leave My Gal Alone
.....(McShann & W.Brown)
314-Lou, Cindy Lou (McShann & W.Brown)
315-Squabblin' Woman (McShann with W.Brown)
316-I'm Gonna Get Married (McShann & W.Brown)
317-New Style Baby (McShann & W.Brown)
318-Let's Love Awhile (McShann & W.Brown)
319-Nasty Attitude (McShann & W.Brown)
320-Slow Down Baby (McShann & W.Brown)
321-The Lady With The Black Dress On (T.Kennedy)
322-Sister Flat-Top (Tim Kennedy)
323-It Ain't No Use (Tim Kennedy)
324-Jumpin' Little Woman (Tim Kennedy)
CBC Vol.21 Kansas City Blues @ALAC
(1941-43)
TRACKS
01-Swingmatism
02-Hootie Blues
03-Dexter Blues
04-Vine Street Boogie
05-Confessin' the Blues
06-Hold 'Em Hootie
07-One Woman's Man
08-'Fore Day Rider
09-So You Won't Jump
10-New Confessin' the Blues
11-Red River Blues
12-Baby Heart Blues
13-Cryin' Won't Make Me Stay
14-Hootie's Ignorant Oil
15-Lonely Boy Blues
16-Get Me on Your Mind
17-The Jumpin' Blues
18-Sepian Bounce
19-Say Forward, I'll March
20-Wrong Neighborhood
21-Hometown Blues
CHGL-Jay McShann-Chronogical Classics (1941-43) @FLAC
(1944-46)
TRACKS
01-Moten Swing
02-Come On over to My House
03-Trouble in My Mind
04-On the Sunny Side of the Street
05-Confessing the Blues
06-Walking
07-When I've Been Drinking
08-Hard-Working Man's Blues
09-Merry-Go-Round-Blues
10-Bad Tale Boogie
11-McShann's Boogie-Blues
12-Hootie Boogie
13-Garfield Avenue Blues
14-Shipyard Woman Blues
15-Crown Prince Boogie
16-Ernestine
17-Bucktown Boogie
18-Roll On, Katy
19-Voodoo Woman Blues
20-I Want a Little Girl
21-Jimtown Boogie
22-Have You Ever Loved a Woman
23-Gone with the Blues
CHGL-Jay McShann-Chronogical Classics (1944-46) @FLAC
COLLABORATION
TRACKS
01-Jumping Hans
02-Kansas City, Here We Go!
03-Groovy Afternoon
04-J.A.M. D.' Boogie
05-Lazy Lover Boogie
06-Our Children
07-Joy With Jay
08-Just Jiving The Blues
09-Blue Pianos
10-Old Vienna's In The Groove
11-Breaking The Boogie
12-Wee Baby Blues
AZR-1991-Blue Pianos @ALAC
The Friends of Boogie-Woogie
Vol.10 Kansas City Boogie Jam
TRACKS
1. Boogie Out In The Field 3:47
2. Just Before The Break Of Day 4:08
3. Cincinnati Baby 3:03
4. Goin' Down To The River 6:17
5. PC Bounce 2:41
6. Slow Storm 4:28
7. High Price Blues 3:56
8. Mr. Freddie Blues 3:16
9. Baby, Rub My Achin' Head 4:17
10. When I'm With My Baby 4:17
11. Little Girl's Boogie 6:19
12. So Tired, So Lonely Too 5:04
13. I Love My Baby 3:32
14. Indian Summer Boogie 4:16
15. Kansas City Boogie Jam 5:38
16. Doo Wah Doo 7:29
AZR-1992-Vol.10 Kansas City Boogie Jam @ALAC
PERSONNEL
Axel Zwingenberger (piano)
Big Joe Duskin (vocals)
Sammy Price (piano)
Jay McShann (vocals,piano)
Daniel Gugolz (bass)
Michael Strasser (drums)
Jumpin' The Blues
TRACKS
01. Confessin' the Blues
02. Yardbird Waltz
03. My Chile
04. Satin Doll
05. Kansas City
06. Jumpin' the Blues
07. Mr Cleanhead Blues
08. Wait a Minute, Baby
09. Juice Head Baby
10. Kidney Stew
11. Cherry Red
12. Red Top
13. Roll'em / C Jam Blues
14. C Jam Again
ECVN-JMSH-1985-Jumpin' the Blues @FLAC
Goin' To Kansas City Blues
TRACKS
01-The Jumpin' Blues
02-Until the Real Thing Comes Along
03-Hootie Blues
04-Rain Is Such A Lonesome Sound
05-Confessin' The Blues
06-Piney Brown Blues
07-Froggy Bottom
08-Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You
09-Blue Monday
10-Ooh Wee, Then the Lights Go Out
11-Cloudy
12-Fare Thee, Honey Fare the Well
13-Ride On
JMWN-2007-Goin' To Kansas City Blues @ALAC
Last of the Whorehouse
Piano Players
1979
1989
TRACKS 1979
01-Little Rock Getaway
02-Am I Blue
03-All Of Me
04-Honky Tonk Train Blues
05-Rosetta
06-St. Louis Blues
07-Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
08-Girl Of My Dreams
09-I Got Rhythm
10-Dog A Blues
11-Hootie's Ignorant Oil
12-Truckin'
13-After You've Gone
14-I Ain't Got Nobody
15-Variations On A Weeping Willow
TRACKS 1989
01-Honey
02-Old Fashioned Love
03-'Fore Day Rider
04-On the Sunny Side of the Street
05-Sweet Georgia Brown
06-Do Wah
07-Indiana
08-'Deed I Do
09-Crazy Rhythm
10-Cherry
11-Pretty Baby
12-I've Found a New Baby
13-JazzSpeak - a spoken interview
RLSN-JMSH-1979-Last of the Whorehouse Piano Players @320
RLSN-JMSH-1989-Last of the Whorehouse Piano Players @FLAC
TRACKS
A1-What Evil Have I Done
A2-Gonna Play With Your Woman
A3-Inform Me Baby
A4-Lyin' Woman Blues
A5-Supressin' the Blues
A6-Hello and Goodbye
A7-You, Cindy Lou
B1-You Better Leave My Gal Alone
B2-Squabblin' Woman
B3-I'm Gonna Get Married
B4-New Style Baby
B5-Let's Love Awhile
B6-Nasty Attitude
B7-Slow Down Baby
WTBN-1981-Confessin The Blues @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
Blues After Hours
Boogie Woogie & Jump Blues
TRACKS
01-Boogie Woogie Country Girl (Joe Turner)
02-Boogie Woogie (Professor Longhair)
03-I Know Your Wig Is Gone (Roomful Of Blues)
04-Yancey's Bugle Call (Mama Yancey & J.Yancey)
05-Jumpin' In the Morning (Ray Charles)
06-Jumpin' at the Woodside (Jay McShann)
07-Boogie Woogie (Jimmy Rushing)
08-I'll Always Be In Love with You (J.Witherspoon)
09-Tripe Face Boogie (Little Feat)
10-Down the Road a Piece (Jerry Lee Lewis)
11-Pinetop's Boogie Woogie (Blind Willie McTell)
12-Pixie (James Booker)
13-She's Fine (The Paladins)
14-Henry's Rockin' Boogie Woogie (J.C.Dupree)
15-Blow Your Horn (Noble Thin Man Watts)
16-Rockin' Rockin' Boogie (Little Richard)
17-The Complainer's Boogie Woogie (William Clarke)
18-Sugar Boogie (Marcia Ball)
19-Nashville Shuffle Boogie (Mark O'Connor)
20-Stranger In My Home (Mem Shannon)
21-Choo Choo Ch'boogie (Foghat)
22-Sweet Home Chicago (The Boogie Kings)
23-Mecka Flat Boogie (Charlie Norman)
24-Tube Snake Boogie (ZZ Top)
25-Dog House Boogie (Seasick Steve)
VA-Blues After Hours Boogie Woogie & Jump Blues @320
Blues Piano
TRACKS
01-Gin House Blues (Nina Simone)
02-Mr. Charles Blues (Ray Charles)
03-How Long Blues (Champion Jack Dupree)
04-Little Cow, Little Calf Blues (Skip James)
05-Taxicab Blues (James Booker)
06-Blues After Hours (Pinetop Perkins)
07-Help Me (Fats Domino)
08-S.P. Blues (Otis Spann's South Side Piano)
09-Professor Longhair Blues (Professor Longhair)
10-I Ain't Got Nothing but the Blues (Mose Allison)
11-Women Be Wise (Bonnie Raitt)
12-Brickyard Blues (Allen Toussaint)
13-I Know You Can (J.Johnson & Kentucky Headhunters)
14-Don't Deceive Me (Johnny Otis)
15-How Long Blues (Joe Turner)
16-Stakalee (Dr John)
17-Three Hundred Pounds of Hongry (Marcia Ball)
18-Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues (Jerry Lee Lewis)
19-Since I Met You Baby (Ivory Joe Hunter)
20-Ray's Blues (Ray Charles)
21-Santa Fe Blues (Jimmy Yancey, Mama Yancey)
22-Oriental Boogie (Charlie Norman)
23-Jelly Roll Junior Blues (Sammy Price)
24-Hootie Blues (Jay McShann)
VA-Blues Piano @FLAC
Piano Blues Legends
TRACKS
01-Spann's Stomp (Otis Spann's South Side Piano)
02-Roll with My Baby (Ray Charles)
03-She's All the World to Me (Skip James)
04-Gin House Blues (Nina Simone)
05-Basin Street Blues (Dr. John)
06-Blues After Hours (Pinetop Perkins)
07-Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Fats Domino)
08-Pop's Dilemma (James Booker)
09-Your Mind Is On Vacation (Mose Allison)
10-Professor Longhair Blues (Professor Longhair)
11-Mournful Blues (Jimmy Yancey & Mama Yancey)
12-Bad Blood (Champion Jack Dupree)
13-I've Got to Convince Myself (Allen Toussaint)
14-Sad Blues (Sammy Price)
15-I Know You Can (J.Johnson & Kentucky Headhunters)
16-Number One Lovin' Man (Jerry Lee Lewis)
17-Confessin' the Blues (Jay McShann)
18-Hot Club Boogie (The Sammy Price Trio)
19-Early In the Morning (Johnny Jones)
20-Piney Brown Blues (Joe Turner)
21-Falling Back In Love with You (Marcia Ball)
22-Now Now Boogie (Leon & Mary Russell)
23-Mecka Flat Boogie (Charlie Norman)
24-Brussels Blues (Jean Wiener)
VA-Piano Blues Legends @FLAC
Stride Piano Summit
TRACKS
01-Ain't Misbehavin'
02-Bach Up To Me
03-Old Fashioned Love
04-Eye Opener
05-Dinah
06-Confessin' The Blues
07-Persian Rug
08-Thou Swell
09-Clothes Line Ballet
10-'Deed I Do
11-Sunday
12-Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
13-Am I Blue
14-Sweet Lorraine
15-All Of Me
VA-JMSH-Stride Piano Summit @FLAC
No comments:
Post a Comment