⬇️ LONNIE JOHNSON ⬇️
(Alonso "Lonnie" Johnson)
DISCOGRAPHY 1937-2021 (62LP/CD)
BIOGRAPHY
Alonso "Lonnie" Johnson (February 8, 1899 – June 16, 1970) was an
American blues and jazz singer/guitarist and songwriter who pioneered
the role of jazz guitar and is recognized as the first to play
single-string guitar solos.
Johnson was not only one of the few black blues musicians invited to
be 'guest featured' on a number of jazz recording sessions, he was
also one of the only classic 1920's blues artists to have a revived a
high-charting career after WWII.
Johnson was born in Orleans Parish, New Orleans, Louisiana and raised in
a family of musicians. He studied violin, piano and guitar as a child, and
learned to play various other instruments including the mandolin, but
concentrated on the guitar throughout his professional career. "There was
music all around us," he recalled, "and in my family you'd better play
something, even if you just banged on a tin can."
By his late teens, he played guitar and violin in his father's family
band at banquets and weddings, alongside his brother James "Steady Roll"
Johnson. He also worked with jazz trumpeter Punch Miller in the city's
Storyville district...... (Wikipedia)
NEW:
1977-Bluebird No.13 (LP) @FLAC
2024-Four Classic Albums Plus (2CD) @FLAC
ESSENTIAL CLASSICS
Vol. 669 Lonnie Johnson (2CD) @FLAC
Blues in My Fingers
The Essentials Recordings
TRACKS
01-Mr. Johnson's Swing
02-Mr. Johnson's Blues
03-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
04-Woke Up With the Blues in My Fingers
05-Tin Can Alley Blues
06-Blue Ghost Blues
07-Playing with the Strings
08-Away Down in the Alley Blues
09-Careless Love
10-Blues in G
11-Two Tone Stomp
12-Have to Change Keys (to Play These Blues)
13-Guitar Blues
14-She's Making Whoopee in Hell Tonight
15-A Handful of Riffs
16-Blue Guitars
17-Uncle Ned, Don't Use Your Head
18-Winnie the Wailer
19-Go Back to Your No Good Man
20-Hard Times Ain't Gone Nowhere
21-Got the Blues for the West End
22-Swing Out Rhythm
LJN-1937-Blues in My Fingers @320
Blues & Ballads
(with Elmer Snowden)
TRACKS
01-Haunted House
02-Memories Of You
03-Blues For Chris
04-I Found A Dream
05-St. Louis Blues
06-I'll Get Along Somehow
07-Savoy Blues
08-Back Water Blues
09-Elmer's Blues
10-Jelly Roll Baker
LJN-1960-Blues & Ballads @FLAC
Blues By Lonnie Johnson
TRACKS
01-Dont Ever Love
02-No Love For Sale
03-Theres No Love
04-I Dont Hurt Any More
05-She Devil
06-One Sided Love Affair
07-Big Leg Woman
08-There Must Be A Way
09-Shes Drunk Again
10-Blues Round My Door
11-You Dont Move Me
12-You Will Need Me
LJN-1960-Blues By Lonnie Johnson @FLAC
Losing Game
TRACKS
01-New Orleans Blues
02-My Little Kitten Susie
03-Evil Woman
04-What A Difference A Day Makes
05-Moaning Blues
06-Summertime
07-Lines In My Face
08-Losing Game
09-New Years Blues
10-Slow And Easy
11-Four Walls And Me
12-You Won't Let Me Go
LJN-1960-Losing Game @ALAC
Idle Hours
(with Victoria Spivey)
TRACKS
01-Darling I Miss You So
02-Long Time Blues
03-You Are My Life
04-Oh Yes Baby
05-Please Baby
06-Leave Me or Love Me
07-Idle Hours
08-You have No Love in Your Heart
09-Good Luck Darling
10-No More Cryin'
11-I Got the Blues So Bad
12-End It All
LJN-1962-Idle Hours @FLAC
Swingin' the Blues
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Johnson Swings
A2-Some Day Baby
A3-Lonesome Road
A4-When You're Feeling Low Down
A5-I Ain't Gonna Be Your Fool
A6-Get Yourself Together
B1-Roamin' Rambler
B2-The Last Call
B3-My Love Is Down
B4-Nuts About A Gal
B5-Fly Right Baby
B6-Swingin' The Blues
LJN-1966-Swingin The Blues (LP) @ALAC
(Thanks to Brian)
The Complete Folkway Recordings
TRACKS
01-Raise The Window High
02-Tears Don't Fall No More
03-Long Road To Travel
04-Old Rocking Chair
05-You Have My Life In Your Hands
06-Lazy Mood
07-Mister Trouble
08-How Deep Is The Ocean
09-Pouring Down Rain
10-Prisoner Of Love
11-Careless Love
12-Juice Headed Baby
13-Teardrops In My Eyes
14-Looking For A Sweetie
15-I've Been A Fool Myself
16-What A Difference A Day Makes
17-That Lonesome Road
18-I Can't Believe
19-When You Always By Yourself
20-My Mother's Eyes
21-Summertime
22-C. C. Rider
23-The Entire Family Was Musician
24-Falling Rain Blues
LJN-1967-The Complete Folkways Recordings @FLAC
Recorded In 1967
Originally issue in 1982 as Folkways 3577-78
Release CD: 1993
Mr. Johnson's Blues
(1926-32)
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Uncle Ned Don't Use Your Head (L.Johnson)
A2-Winnie The Wailer (Lonnie Johnson)
A3-Helena Blues (Mooch Richardson)
A4-Mr. Johnson's Blues No.2 (Lonnie Johnson)
A5-Chicago Fire Blues (Katherine Baker)
A6-No More More Trouble Now (Lonnie Johnson)
A7-You Had Too Much (Violet Green)
B1-Racketeer's Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
B2-There's No Justice (Lonnie Johnson)
B3-New Fallin' Rain Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
B4-Cornbread Blues (Texas Alexander)
B5-There's No Use Lovin' (Lonnie Johnson)
B6-Bull Frog Moan (Lonnie Johnson)
B7-Dope Head Blues (Victoria Spivey)
LJN-1977-Mr. Johnson's Blues (1926-32) (LP) @FLAC
He's a Jelly Roll Baker
TRACKS
01-Why Women Go Wrong
02-Nothing But A Rat
03-Jersey Belle Blues
04-The Loveless Blues
05-I'm Just Dumb
06-Get Yourself Together
07-Crowing Rooster Blues
08-That's Love
09-Somebody's Got To Go
10-Lazy Woman Blues
11-Chicago Blues
12-I Did All I Could
13-In Love Again
14-The Last Call
15-Rambler's Blues
16-Baby Remember Me
17-He's A Jelly Roll Baker
18-When You Feel Low Down
19-The Victim Of Love
20-Watch Shorty
LJN-1991-He's A Jelly Roll Baker @FLAC
Me & My Crazy Self
(14Tk/20Tk)
TRACKS
01-It Was All In Vain
02-Nothing But Blues
03-Me And My Crazy Self
04-What A Woman
05-Falling Rain Blues
06-Playng Around
07-It's Too Late To Cry
08-Seven Long Days
09-Why Should I Cry
10-Friendless Blues
11-Happy New Year Darling
12-Old Fashioned Love
13-My My Baby
14-What A Real Woman
01-You Can't Buy Love
02-It Was All In Vain
03-Nothing But Trouble
04-Me And My Crazy Self
05-What do You Want that I've got Pretty Baby
06-I'm Guilty
07-What A Woman
08-Falling Rain Blues
09-Playing Around
10-It's Too Late To Cry
11-Seven Long Days
12-Why Should I Cry
13-Friendless Blues
14-Happy New Year Darling
15-You Only Want Me When Your Lonely
16-Old Fashioned Love
17-My My Baby
18-Just Another Day
19-What A Real Woman
20-Can't Sleep Anymore
1991-Me And My Crazy Self (14Tk) @320
1991-Me And My Crazy Self (20Tk) @FLAC *
Blues, Ballads & Jumpin' Jazz
Vol.2
TRACKS
01-Lester Leaps In
02-Blue And All Alone
03-On The Sunny Side Of The Street
04-C-Jam Blues
05-New Orleans Blues
06-Careless Love
07-Stormy Weather (take 1)
08-Stormy Weather (take 2)
09-I Ain't Gonna Give Nobody
.....None O' This Jelly Roll
10-Birth Of The Blues
1994-Blues Ballads & Jumpin Jazz Vol.2 @FLAC
The Blues
(1925-47)
TRACKS
101-Mr Johnson Blues
102-Mean Old Bedbug Blues
103-Blues In G
104-Guitar Blues
105-Bull Frog Moan
106-From Now On Make Ypur Whoopee At Home
107-Deep Minor Blues
108-Hot Fingers
109-Wipe It Off
110-I Got The Best Jelly Roll In Town #2
111-Sam, You Cant Do That To Me
112-What Makes You Act Like That
113-Let All Maried Women Alone
114-Beautifull But Dumb
115-Sleepy Water Blues
116-Cat You Been Missin Around
117-Winnie The Wailer
118-There Is No Justice
201-Swing Out Rythm
202-Blue Ghost Blues
203-She's Only A Woman
204-Jersey Belle Blues
205-I'm Just Dumb
206-Get Yourself Together
207-Growing Booster
208-Somebody's Got To Go
209-I Did All I Could
210-In Love Again
211-Ramblers Blues
212-Trouble In Mind
213-Keep What You Got
214-Blues For Everybody
215-Love Is The Answer
216-What A Woman
217-What A Real Woman
218-Fallin Rain Blues
LJN-1998-The Blues (1925-47) @320
Hot Fingers
TRACKS
01-Hot Fingers
02-South Bound Water
03-Roamin' Rambler Blues
04-Rocks in My Bed
05-I Love You, Mary Lou
06-[Untitled Track]
07-Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp
08-Life Saver Blues
09-Swing Out Rhythm
10-To Do This, You Got to Know How
11-Love Story Blues
12-688 Glide
13-Stompin' Em Along Slow
14-Bull Frog Moan
15-Blue Room Blues
16-Playing with the Strings
17-Two_Tone Stomp
18-Jet Black Blues
19-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
20-Winnie the Wailer
21-Away Down in the Alley Blues
22-A Handful of Riffs
23-In Love Again
24-Blue Blood Blues
25-Uncle Ned, Don't Use Your Head
LJN-1999-Hot Fingers @320
Rambler's Blues
TRACKS
01-I Did All I Could
02-What A Real Woman
03-Falling Rain Blues
04-Mean Old Bad Bug Blues
05-Jersey Belle Blues
06-Crowing Rooster
07-Rambler's Blues
08-Let All Married Women Alone
09-Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp
10-I'm Just Dumb
11-Get Yourself Together
12-In Love Again
13-What A Woman
14-Swing Out Rhythm
15-Blue Ghost Blues
16-Somebody's Got To Go
LJN-2002-Rambler's Blues @FLAC
Playing with the Strings
TRACKS
01-Won't Don't Blues
02-Mr. Johnson's Blues
03-Falling Rain Blues
04-Now Good Blues
05-Newport Blues
06-Nile Of Genago
07-To Do This You Gotta Know How
08-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
09-I'm Not Rough
10-Hotter Than That
11-Savoy Blues
12-Playing With The Strings
13-Stompin' 'em Along Slow
14-The Moochie
15-Move Over
16-Hot And Bothered
17-Paducah
18-Star Dust
19-Jet Black Blues
20-Blue Blood Blues
21-Sitting On Top Of The World
22-Kansas City Man Blues
23-I'm Nuts About That
24-Racketeers Blues
LJN-2004-Playing With The Strings @320
The Original Guitar Wizard
CD1
CD2
TRACKS
101-Mr. Johnson's Blues
102-Johnson's Trio Stomp
103-To Do This You Got To Know How
104-South Bound Water
105-I Done Told You
106-Steppin' On The Blues
107-Steady Grind
108-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
109-Woke Up With The Blues In My Fingers
110-Backwater Blues
111-Mean Old Bedbug Blues
112-Roaming Rambler Blues
113-Stay Out Of Walnut Street Alley
114-St. Louis Cyclone Blues
115-Bedbug Blues, Pt. 2
116-Garter Snake Blues
117-688 Glide
118-Life Saver Blues
119-I'm Not Rough
120-Sweet Potato Blues
121-Hotter Than That
122-Savoy Blues
123-Playing With The Strings
124-Stompin' Em Along Now
201-Deep Blues Sea Blues
202-No More Women Blues
203-I'm So Tired Of Living All Alone
204-Crowing Rooster Blues
205-Broken Levee Blues
206-Careless Love
207-Toothache Blues, Pts. 1 & 2
208-Misty Mornin'
209-Two Tone Stomp
210-Have To Change Keys To Play These Blues
211-It Feels So Good, Pts. 1 & 2
212-Jet Black Blues
213-Guitar Blues
214-Blue Guitars
215-Bullfrog Moan
216-Sundown Blues
217-The New Fallin' Rain Blues
218-You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now, Pts. 1 & 2
219-Hot Fingers
220-Blues Room
221-She's Making Whoopee In Hell Tonight
222-Another Woman Booked Out And Bound To Go
LJN-2004-TOGW @FLAC CD1 Mr.Johnson's Blues
LJN-2004-TOGW @FLAC CD2 Hot Fingers
CD3
CD4
TRACKS
301-I Got The Best Jelly Roll In Town, Pts 1&2
302-The Dirty Dozen
303-I Just Can't Stand These Blues
304-Deep Sea Blues
305-Long Black Train
306-I Have To Do My Time
307-No More Troubles Now
308-You're Getting Old On Your Job
309-Don't Wear It Out
310-Got The Blues For Murder Only
311-Let All Married Women Alone
312-Beautiful But Dumb
313-Sleepy Water Blues
314-Uncle Red, Don't Use Your Head
315-I'm Nuts About That Gal
316-Racketeers Blues
317-Swing Out Rhythm
318-Why Women Go Wrong
319-Jersey Belle Blues
320-The Loveless Blues
321-I'm Just Dumb
322-Get Yourself Together
323-Crowing Rooster Blues
401-That's Love
402-Lazy Woman Blues
403-In Love Again
404-He's A Jelly_Roll Baker
405-When You Feel Low Down
406-The Victim Of Love
407-Watch Shorty
408-Keep What You Got
409-Love Is The Answer
410-Tomorrow Night
411-What A Real Woman
412-Falling Rain Blues
413-Working Man's Blues
414-Playing Around
415-Trouble Ain't Nothing But The Blues
416-Blues Stay Away From Me
417-Little Rockin' Chair
418-Nothing But Trouble
419-Why Should I Cry
420-It Was All In Vain
421-You Only Want Me When You're Lonely
422-Me And My Crazy Self
423-I'm Guilty
424-Just Another Day
425-You Can't Buy Love
426-Can't Sleep Anymore
LJN-2004-TOGW @FLAC CD3 Jersey Belle Blues
LJN-2004-TOGW @FLAC CD4 Tomorrow Night
Why Should I Cry
TRACKS
01-Lazy Woman Blues
02-He's A Jelly-Roll Baker
03-The Victim Of Love
04-Tomorrow Night
05-Friendless Blues
06-What A Woman
07-Falling Rain Blues
08-Why Should I Cry
09-It Was All In Vain
10-Me And My Crazy Self
11-Seven Long Days
12-I'm Guilty
13-Just Another Day
14-You Can't Buy Me Love
15-Can't Sleep Any More
16-Don't Make Me Cry, Baby
17-Can't Sleep Any More
18-My Woman Is Gone
19-Will You Remember
20-Stick With It Baby
LJN-2007-Why Should I Cry @FLAC
A Life in Music
Selected Sides
(1925-53)
CDA
CDB
TRACKS
101-Won't Don't Blues
102-Mr Johnson's Blues
103-Falling Rain Blues
104-No Good Blues
105-Newport Blues
106-Love Story Blues
107-Nile of Genago
108-To Do This You Gotta Know How
109-South Bound Water
110-I Done Told You
111-Steppin' on the Blues
112-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
113-I Love You Mary Lou
114-Woke Up with the Blues in My Fingers
115-Stay Out of Walnut Street Alley
116-St. Louis Cyclone Blues
117-688 Glide
118-Life Saver Blues
119-Untitled Instrumental
120-I'm Not Rough
121-Hotter Than That
122-Savoy Blues
123-Playing with the Strings
124-Stompin' 'Em Along Slow
125-Away Down in the Alley Blues
201-The Mooche
202-Move Over
203-Hot and Bothered
204-Careless Love
205-Paducah
206-Star Dust
207-Have to Change Key to Play These Blues
208-Jet Black Blues
209-Blue Blood Blues
210-Sitting on Top of the World
211-Kansas City Man Blues
212-A Handful of Riffs
213-She's Makin' Whoopee in Hell Tonight
214-Another Woman Booked Out and Bound to Go
215-Wipe It Off
216-The Dirty Dozen
217-Deep Sea Blues
218-Got the Blues for Murder Only
219-Just a Roamin' Man
220-Jelly Killed Old Sam
221-The Faults of All Women and Men
222-The Best Jockey in Town
223-Uncle Ned Don't Lose Your Head
224-I'm Nuts About That Gal
225-Racketeers Blues
LJN-2009-A Life in Music Selected Sides (1925-53) @FLAC.CDA-B
LJN-2009-A Life in Music Selected Sides (1925-53) @FLAC.CDC-D
Another Night To Cry
TRACKS
01-Another Night To Cry
02-I Got News For You, Baby
03-Blues After Hours
04-You Didn't Mean What You Saidd
05-Fine Booze And Heavy Dues
06-I've Got To Get Rid Of You
07-Bow Legged Baby
08-Make Love To Me, Baby
09-Lots Of Loving
10-A Story About Barbara
11-Goodbye Kitten
LJN-2018-Another Night To Cry @FLAC
Blues Stay Away from Me
Selected Singles As & Bs
(1947-53)
TRACKS
01-Tomorrow Night
02-What a Woman
03-Happy New Year, Darling
04-Friendless Blues
05-What a Real Woman
06-I Want My Baby
07-Drunk Again
08-Falling Rain Blues
09-Jelly Roll Baker
10-In Love Again
11-Pleasing You (As Long as I Live)
12-Good Night Darling
13-I Know It's Love
14-You're Mine You
15-Backwater Blues
16-Bewildered
17-Playing Around
18-So Tired
19-My My Baby
20-Don't Play Bad with My Love
21-I Found a Dream
22-You Take Romance
23-She's so Sweet
24-Confused
25-Blues Stay Away from Me
26-I'm so Afraid
27-Troubles Ain't Nothin' but the Blues
28-I'm so Crazy for Love
29-Nothin' Clickin' Chicken
30-Little Rockin' Chair
31-Nobody's Lovin' Me
32-When I'm Gone (Will It Still Be Me)
33-Nothing but Trouble
34-Why Should I Cry
35-Take Me I'm Yours
36-It Was All in Vain
37-You Only Want Me When You're Lonely
38-Darlin'
39-Seven Long Days
40-My Mothers Eyes
41-Me and My Crazy Self
42-I'm Guilty
43-Can't Sleep Anymore
44-You Can't Buy Love
45-Just Another Day
46-Don't Make Me Cry Baby
47-My Woman Is Gone
48-Will You Remember
49-Stick with It Baby
50-Vaya Con Dios
51-It's Been so Long
52-This Love of Mine
53-I Found a Dream (Alternate Version)
LJN-2018-Blues Stay Away from Me (1947-53) @FLAC
Tin Can Alley Blues
TRACKS
01-What Makes You Act Like That
02-Mean Old Bed Bug Blues
03-Wipe It Off
04-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
05-Hot Fingers
06-Woke Up With the Blues In My Fingers
07-Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp
08-Tin Can Alley Blues
09-Bullfrog Moan
10-Blue Ghost Blues
11-Guitar Blues
12-Blues In G
13-Two Tone Stomp
14-Careless Love
15-Away Down In the Alley Blues
16-Playing With the Strings
LJN-2019-Tin Can Alley Blues @FLAC
Anthology
The Deluxe Collection
TRACKS
01-Tomorrow Night
02-Backwater Blues
03-Blues Stay Away from Me
04-I Want My Baby
05-Confused
06-I Know It's Love
07-Don't Make Me Cry Baby
08-Can't Sleep Anymore
09-Drunk Again
10-Falling Rain Blues
11-In Love Again
12-Goodnight Darling
13-When I'm Gone
14-I Found a Dream 2
15-Just Another Day
16-My Woman Is Gone
17-Don't Play Bad with My Love
18-I'm Guilty
19-I'm so Afraid
20-Seven Long Days
21-Happy New Year, Darling
22-It Was All in Vain
23-Me and My Crazy Self
24-Jelly Roll Baker
25-I Found a Dream
26-Little Rockin' Chair
27-My Mothers Eyes
28-Bewildered
29-Friendless Blues
30-My My Baby
31-Darlin'
32-Why Should I Cry
33-Nothin' Clickin' Chicken
34-Vaya Con Dios
35-Playing Around
36-Pleasing You
37-I'm so Crazy for Love
38-She's so Sweet
39-So Tired
40-Stick with It Baby
41-Take Me I'm Yours
42-This Love of Mine
43-Troubles Ain't Nothin' but the Blues
44-It's Been so Long
45-Nobody's Lovin' Me
46-What a Woman
47-You Only Want Me When You're Lonely
48-Nothing but Trouble
49-Will You Remember
50-You Can't Buy Love
51-What a Real Woman
52-You Take Romance
53-You're Mine You
LJN-2020-Anthology The Deluxe Edition @FLAC
Presenting Lonnie Johnson
TRACKS
01-Some Day Baby
02-The Mooche
03-Jet Black Blues
04-Blue Room Blues
05-I'm Not Rough
06-Blue Ghost Blues
07-Guitar Blues
08-Steppin' on the Blues
09-Hot Fingers
10-Bull Frog Moan
11-She's Making Whoopee in Hell Tonight
12-What Makes You Act Like That
13-Winnie the Wailer
14-Blues in G
15-Wipe It Off
16-Woke up with the Blues in My Fingers
17-Low Down St Louis Blues
18-Racketeers Blues
19-Got the Blues for Murder Only
20-Playing with the Strings
21-Best Jockey in Town
22-No More Troubles Now
23-In Love Again
24-Mr Johnson's Blues
25-Away Down in the Alley Blues
26-Two Tone Stomp
27-Have to Change Keys to Play These Blues
28-Mean Old Bed Bug Blues
29-A Handful of Riffs
LJN-2021-Presenting Lonnie Johnson @FLAC
Four Classic Albums Plus
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-Solid Blues
102-Rocks in My Bed
103-Drifting Along Blues
104-In Love Again
105-Blues in My Soul
106-Blues for Everybody
107-Lonesome Road
108-Backwater Blues
109-Tomorrow
110-Call Me Darlin'
111-So Tired
112-Careless Love
113-Drunk Again
114-Working Man's Blues
115-Jelly Roll Baker
116-Pleasing You (As Long As I Live)
117-It's Been So Long
118-Tomorrow Night
119-Hot Fingers
120-Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp
121-Glide
122-Bullfrog Moan
123-Blue Room Blues
124-Playing with the Strings
125-Two Tone Stomp
126-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
127-A Handful of Riffs
201-Christmas Without Santa Claus
202-A Big One
203-Let's Ride Tonight
204-What is This Thing They're Talking About
205-I'm a Red Hot Mama
206-Grow Old Together
207-Beautiful World
208-I Got men All over This Town
209-That Man
210-Thursday Girl
211-Another Night to Cry
212-I Got News for You Baby
213-Blues After Hours
214-You Didn't Mean What You Said
215-Fine Booze and Heavy Dues
216-I've Got to Get Rid of You
217-Bow Legged Baby
218-Make Love to Me Baby
219-Lots of Loving
220-A Story About Barbara
221-Goodbye Kitten
2024-Four Classic Albums Plus (2CD) @FLAC
COLLECTION
⬇️ ABC OF THE BLUES ⬇️
Vol.19 E. James & L. Johnson
Vol.19
01-Dust My Broom (Elmore James)
02-Sho' Nuff I Do (Elmore James)
03-Please Find My Baby (Elmore James)
04-Cry for Me Baby (Elmore James)
05-Sunny Land (Elmore James)
06-The 12 Year Old Boy (Elmore James)
07-It Hurts Me, Too (Elmore James)
08-Hawaiian Boogie (Elmore James)
09-T.V. Mama (Elmore James)
10-Have to Change Keys (To Play These Blues) (L.Johnson)
11-Mr. Johnson's Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
12-Mean Old Bedbug Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
13-Toothache Blues Pt. 1 (Lonnie Johnson)
14-Toothache Blues Pt. 2 (Lonnie Johnson)
15-Sweet Potato Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
16-Guitar Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
17-She's Making Whoopee in Hell Tonight (Lonnie Johnson)
18-Got the Blues for Murder Only (Lonnie Johnson)
19-I'm Nuts About That Gal (Lonnie Johnson)
20-Deep Blue Sea Blues (Lonnie Johnson)
ABC Vol.19-Elmore James & Lonnie Johnson @FLAC
No.13 - Lonnie Johnson
TRACKS A1-Why Women Go Wrong A2-She's Only A Woman A3-Trust Your Husband A4-Four-O-Three Blues A5-Don't Be No Fool A6-Get Yourself Together A7-That's Love Blues A8-Somebody's Got To Go B1-Lazy Woman Blues B2-Chicago Blues B3-I Did All I Could B4-From 20 To 44 B5-The Last Call B6-Fly Right Baby B7-Baby Remember Me B8-He's A Jelly Roll Baker
Bluebird No.13-Lonnie Johnson @FLAC
Tomorrow Night (1946-63)
TRACKS
01-You Will Need Me
02-I Don't Hurt Anymore
03-She's Drunk Again
04-Nothing But I Trouble
05-She Devil
06-Little Rocking Chair
07-Trouble Ain't Nothin' But The Blues
08-Leave Me Or Love Me
09-Tomorrow Night
10-Blues 'round My Door
11-Workin' Man Blues
12-Jelly Roll Baker
13-End It All
14-Blues Stay Away From Me
15-Careless Love
16-See See Rider
17-Clementine Blues
18-Back Water Blues
19-Jelly Rolls
20-Love Is The Answer
21-Keep What You Got
BE-LJN-1994-Tomorrow Night @ALAC
Vol.04 Lonnie Johnson
Vol.04
01-Tomorrow Night
02-Clementine Blues
03-See See Rider
04-Raining On The Coid, Cold Ground
05-Jelly, Jelly
06-Too Late To Cry Baby
07-Call Me Darling
08-Why Did You Go
09-Swingin' With Lonnie
10-Please Help Me
11-My Baby Is Gone
12-You Don't Know What Love Is
13-Don't Cry Baby
Blues Masters Vol.04 Lonnie Johnson @ALAC
Vol.8 Swingin' With Lonnie
(LP)
TRACKS
1. Tomorrow Night
2. Clementine Blues
3. See See Rider
4. Raining In The Cold Cold Ground
5. Jelly, Jelly
1. Too Late To Cry
2. Call Me Darling
3. Why Did You Go
4. Swingin' With Lonnie
5. Please Help Me
Blues Roots @FLAC24-96 Vol.8
(1947-48)
TRACKS
01-I Am So Glad
02-What A Woman
03-Happy New Year Darling
04-Tomorrow Night
05-Friendless Blues
06-My Baby's Gone
07-I Want My Baby
08-What A Real Woman
09-Love That Gal
10-It's Been So Long
11-Be Sweet To Me
12-Blues In The Closet
13-Don't Be A Fool
14-Fallin' Rain Blues
15-Blue Ghost Has Got Me
16-Feeling Low Down
17-Drunk Again
18-Jelly Roll Baker
19-Working Man's Blues
20-Chicago Blues
21-Lazy Woman Blues
22-In Love Again
23-Tomorrow Night
24-Long Lonesome Day Blues
25-Tell Me Baby
CHLL-Lonnie Johnson-Chronological Classics (1947-48) @FLAC
(1948-49)
TRACKS
01-Pleasing You
02-Good Night Darling
03-Feel So Lonesome
04-It's Too Late to Cry
05-You're Mine You
06-I Know It's Love
07-Tell Me Little Woman
08-Call Me Darling
09-Tomorrow
10-Lonesome Road
11-So Tired
12-Backwater Blues
13-Careless Love
14-Bewildered
15-Matinee Hour in New Orleans
16-Playing Around
17-So Tired
18-My My Baby
19-Don't Play Bad with My Love
20-Not Until You Came My Way
21-I Found a Dream
22-You Take Romance
23-She's So Sweet
CHLL-Lonnie Johnson-Chronological Classics (1948-49) @FLAC
(1949-52)
TRACKS
01-Troubles Ain't Nothing But The Blues
02-Confused
03-I'm So Afraid
04-Blues Stay Away From Me
05-I'm So Crazy For Love
06-Nobody's Lovin' Me
07-Little Rockin' Chair
08-Nothin' Clickin' Chicken
09-Nothin' But Trouble
10-Old Fashioned Love
11-When I'm Gone
12-What Do You Want That I've Got, Pretty Baby
13-Why Should I Cry
14-It Was All In Vain
15-You Only Want Me When You're Lonely
16-Take Me I'm Yours
17-Darlin'
18-My Mother's Eyes
19-Me And My Crazy Self
20-Seven Long Days
21-I'm Guilty
22-Just Another Day
23-You Can't Buy Love
24-Can't Sleep Anymore CHLL-Lonnie Johnson-Chronological Classics (1949-52) @FLAC
The Essential
(2CD)
TRACKS 101-Mr. Johnson's Blues 102-Have To Change Keys to Play These Blues 103-Why Women Go Wrong 104-Helena Blues (w. Mooch Richardson) 105-Playing With The Strings 106-Sweet Potato Blues 107-What Makes You Act Like That (w. Clara Smith) 108-I Done Told You 109-South Bound Water 110-Steppin' On The Blues 111-West Texas Blues (w. Texas Alexander) 112-Ash Can Stomp (Henry Johnson & His Boys) 113-Crowing Rooster Blues 114-He's A Jelly Roll Baker 115-Mean Old Bedbug Blues 116-Guitar Blues (w. Eddie Lang) 117-The Dirthy Dozen (w. Spencer Williams) 118-Broken Levee Blues 201-She's Making Whoopie In Hell Tonight 202-Uncle Ned, Don't Lose Your Head 203-Woke Up With The Blues In My Fingers 204-Racketeers Blues 205-Jersy Belle Blues 206-Memphis Stomp (Henry Johnson & His Boys) 207-Unkind Mama (w. Raymond Boyd) 208-Steady Grind (w. Victoria Spivey) 209-Hot Fingers 210-New Fallin' Rain Blues 211-Blues Is Only A Ghost 212-No More Troubles Now (w. Mooch Richardson) 213-Garter Snake Blues (w. Victoria Spivey) 214-Let All Married Women Alone 215-6-88 Glide 216-To Do This, You Got To Know How 217-Burying Ground Blues (w. Mooch Richardson) 218-Away Down In The Alley Blues (w. Edie Lang)
CBL200011-Lonnie Johnson-The Essential @FLAC
DOCUMENT RECORDS
Vol.1 (1925-26)- Vol.2 (1926-27)
DOCD5063-Lonnie Johnson Vol.1 (1925-26) @ALAC
DOCD5064-Lonnie Johnson Vol.2 (1926-27) @ALAC
Vol.3 (1927-28) - Vol.4 (1928-29)
DOCD5065-Lonnie Johnson Vol.3 (1927-28) @ALAC
DOCD5066-Lonnie Johnson Vol.4 (1928-29) @ALAC
Vol.5 (1929-30) - Vol.6 (1930-31)
DOCD5067-Lonnie Johnson Vol.5 (1929-30) @ALAC
DOCD5068-Lonnie Johnson Vol.6 (1930-31) @ALAC
Vol.7 (1931-32)
DOCD5069-Lonnie Johnson Vol.7 (1931-32) @ALAC
Vol.1 (1937-40) - Vol.2 (1940-42)
TRACKS
101-Man Killing Broad
102-Hard Times Ain't Gone No Where
103-Flood Water Blues
104-It Ain't What You USTA Be
105-Swing Out Rhythm
106-Got the Blues for the West End
107-Something Fishy
108-I'm Nuts over You
109-Friendless and Blue
110-Devil's Got the Blues
111-I Ain't Gonna Be Your Fool
112-Mr. Johnson's Swing
113-New Falling Rain Blues
114-Laplegged Drunk Again
115-Blue Ghost Blues
116-South Bound Backwater
117-Why Women Go Wrong
118-She's Only a Woman
119-She's My Mary
120-Nothing But a Rat
121-Trust Your Husband
122-Jersey Belle Blues
123-The Loveless Blues
124-Four_O_Three Blues
125-Be Careful
126-I'm Just Dumb
127-Don't Be a Fool
201-Get Yourself Together
202-Falling Rain Blues
203-Rocks in My Bed, No. 2
204-Secret Emotions
205-More Rhythm
206-Crowing Rooster Blues
207-That's Love
208-Somebody's Got to Go
209-Lazy Woman Blues
210-She Ain't Right
211-Chicago Blues
212-I Did All I Could
213-In Love Again
214-From 20 to 44
215-The Last Call
216-Rambler's Blues
217-Lonesome Road
218-Fly Right, Baby
219-Baby, Remember Me
220-The Devil's Woman
221-Heart of Iron
222-He's a Jelly Roll Baker
223-When You Feel Low Down
BDCD6024-Lonnie Johnson Vol.1 (1937-40) @ALAC
BDCD6025-Lonnie Johnson Vol.2 (1940-42) @ALAC
Vol.3 (1944-47)
TRACKS
301-Someday Baby
302-My Love Is Down
303-Watch Shorty
304-Mitzy
305-Trouble in Mind
306-My Last Love
307-Keep What You Got
308-Solid Blues
309-I'm in Love With You
310-Drifting Along Blues
311-How Could You Be So Mean
312-Why I Love You
313-Tell Me Why
314-Rocks in My Bed
315-Blues for Everybody
316-In Love Again
317-Blues in My Soul
318-How Could You
319-Love Is the Answer
320-Don't Blame Her
321-Your Last Time Out
322-You Know I Do
323-Blues for Lonnie
BDCD6026-Lonnie Johnson Vol.3 (1944-47) @ALAC
Steppin' On The Blues
TRACKS
01-Mr. Johnson's Blues
02-Sweet Potato Blues
03-Steppin' On The Blues
04-I Done Told You
05-Mean Old Bedbug Blues
06-Toothache Blues - Part I
07-Toothache Blues - Part Ii
08-Have To Change Keys (To Play These Blues)
09-Guitar Blues
10-She's Making Whoopee In Hell Tonight
11-Playing With The Strings
12-No More Women Blues
13-Deep Blue Sea Blues
14-No More Troubles Now
15-Got The Blues For Murder Only
16-[Untitled]
17-688 Glide
18-Racketeer's Blues
19-I'm Nuts About That Gal
RNB-Lonnie Johnson @ALAC
Stompin' At The Penny
TRACKS
01-China Boy
02-Mr. Blues Walks
03-Dippermouth Blues
04-Trouble In Mind
05-Bring It On Home To Mama
06-West End Blues
07-Stompin' At The Penny
08-The Old Rugged Cross
09-Go Go Swing
10-My Mother's Eyes
11-Canal Street Blues
12-The Fourteenth Of July
13-The Marines Hymn
RNB-Lonnie Johnson - Stompin At The Penny @FLAC
Vol.74 Lonnie Johnson
Vol.74
01-Sweet Woman You Can't Go Wrong
02-Life Saver Blues
03-Blue Ghost Blues
04-Saint Louis Cyclone Blues
05-Low Land Moan
06-I'm So Tired Of Living All Alone
07-When You Fall For Someone That's Not Your Own
08-Way Down That Lonesome Road
09-Sundown Blues
10-Baby Please Don't Leave Home No More
11-Racketeer's Blues
12-I'm Nuts About That Gal
13-Why Women Go Wrong
14-Trust Your Husband
15-Four_O_Three Blues
16-She's Only A Woman
17-Don't Be No Fool
18-Get Yourself Together
TBC-Vol.74-Lonnie Johnson (Guitar Blues) @FLAC
Johnson Junction
TRACKS
01-What A Real Woman
02-Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp
03-Let All Married Women Alone
04-I Did All I Could
05-Falling Rain Blues
06-Swing Out Rhythm
07-Blue Ghost Blues
08-Mean Old Bad Bug Blues
09-Jersey Belle Blues
10-Crowing Rooster
11-Somebody's Got To Go
12-In Love Again
13-Rambler's Blues
14-What A Woman
15-Get Yourself Together
16-I'm Just Dumb
TBD-LJ-Johnson Junction @320
The Rhythm & Blues Years
Vol.2 (1947-52)
TRACKS
01-How Could You
02-Love Is The Answer
03-Home Last Night
04-You Done Me Wrong
05-Happy New Year, Darling
06-Friendless Blues
07-Drunk Again
08-Jelly Roll Baker
09-I Know It's Love
10-Backwater Blues
11-Pleasing You (As Long As I Live)
12-Playing Around
13-She's So Sweet
14-Troubles Ain't Nothing But The Blues
15-Blues Stay Away From Me
16-Nobody's Lovin' Me
17-Nothin' Clickin' Chicken
18-Nothing But Trouble
19-It Was All In Vain
20-Me And My Crazy Self
21-Can't Sleep Anymore
22-You Can't Buy Love
Lonnie Johnson-The Rhythm & Blues Years (1947-52) @FLAC
Vol.669-Lonnie Johnson
(2CD)
TRACKS 101-Take the ''a'' Train 102-I'm Not Rough 103-Tomorrow Night (Lonesome Road) 104-St. Louis Blues 105-Savoy Blues 106-Blue Ghost Blues 107-Away Down in the Alley Blues 108-Friendless Blues 109-Guitar Blues 110-Another Night to Cry 201-She's Making Whoopee in Hell Tonight 202-Happy New Year, Darling 203-Hot Fingers 204-A Handful of Riffs 205-Have to Change the Keys 206-Backwater Blues 207-Memories of You 208-Blues in G 209-Playing with the Strings 210-Blue Room Blues Vol. 669 Lonnie Johnson (2CD) @FLAC
COLLABORATION
Bawdy Blues (1956-61)
(Memphis Slim, Tampa Red, Lonnie Johnson)
TRACKS
01-Sweet Root Man (Memphis Slim)
02-Let Me Play With Your Poodle (Tampa Red)
03-I'm a Red Hot Mama (Victoria Spivey)
04-Jelly Roll Baker (Lonnie Johnson)
05-Churning Man Blues (Memphis Slim)
06-Try Some Of That (Pink Anderson)
07-Steady Rollin' Blues (Memphis Slim)
08-Jelly Whipping Blues (Tampa Red)
09-That Man (Victoria Spivey)
10-Car Machine Blues (Memphis Willy B)
11-If You See Kay (Memphis Slim)
12-Beedle Um Bum (Blind Willy McTell)
VA-Bawdy Blues (1956-61) @FLAC
This Is the Blues
TRACKS
01-Cemetery Blues (Lightnin' Hopkins)
02-Happy New Year (Lightnin' Hopkins)
03-I'm Wild About You Baby (Lightnin' Hopkins)
04-Merry Christmas (Lightnin' Hopkins)
05-Journey from the Germs (Roosevelt Sykes)
06-Love Will Wear You Down (Roosevelt Sykes)
07-Ups and Downs Blues (Roosevelt Sykes)
08-You Can't Fix It Back (Roosevelt Sykes)
09-Got the Blues for the Westend (1937) (L.Johnson)
10-Laplegged Drunk Again (1938) (Lonnie Johnson)
11-Mr. Johnson Swing [1938](Roosevelt Sykes)
12-Swing out Rhythm (1937) (Lonnie Johnson)
13-If You're a Viper (Howard Rosetta)
14-Let Your Linen Hang Low (Howard Rosetta)
15-Rosetta Blues (Howard Rosetta)
16-Worried Mind Blues (Howard Rosetta)
17-Biscuit Rolling Time (1938) (Ollie Shepard)
18-New Low Down Dirty Shame (1939) (O.Shepard)
19-No One to Call You Dear (1937) (Ollie Shepard)
20-She Walks Like a Kangaroo (1937) (O.Shepard)
21-Don't You Loudmouth Me (Cow Cow Davenport)
22-I Ain't No Iceman (Cow Cow Davenport)
23-Railroad Blues (Cow Cow Davenport)
24-The Mess Is Here (Cow Cow Davenport)
25-Beer Drinking Woman (Jimmie Gordon)
26-Lookin' for the Blues (Jimmie Gordon)
27-Me and My Gin (Jimmie Gordon)
28-Plenty Trouble in Your Hand (Jimmie Gordon)
29-All Night Long Blues (Peetie Wheatsraw)
30-Chicago Mill Blues
....(J.Jones, L.Armstrong, S.Catlett)(P.Wheatsraw)
31-Gangsters Blues
....(J.Jones, L.Armstrong, S.Catlett)(P.Wheatsraw)
32-Love Bug Blues
....(L.McCoy, L.Armstrong, P.Wheatsraw)
33-Bow Leg Woman (Johnny Temple)
34-Evil Bad Woman (Johnny Temple)
35-Lonesome Day Blues (Jesse James)
36-Southern Casey Jones (Jesse James)
37-Bad Luck Blues (Cousin Joe)
38-Beggin' Women (Cousin Joe)
39-Box Car Shorty (Cousin Joe)
40-Box Car Shorty's Confession (Cousin Joe)
VA-This Is the Blues @FLAC24-96
TRACKS
01-Christmas without Santa Claus
02-A Big One
03-Let's Ride Tonight
04-What Is This Thing They're Talking About
05-I'm A Red Hot Mama
06-Grow Old Together
07-Beautiful World
08-I Got Men All Over This Town
09-That Man
10-Thursday Girl
VASY-1961-Woman Blues @ALAC
1 comment:
Thank you for the Lonnie Johnson shares a real favourite of mine. Great work
Post a Comment