⬇️BETTYE LaVETTE⬇️
(Betty Jo Haskins)
DISCOGRAPHY 1970-2023 (28CD/DVD)
DISCOGRAPHY 1970-2023 (28CD/DVD)
BIOGRAPHY
Bettye LaVette (born Betty Jo Haskins, January 29, 1946) is an American
soul singer-songwriter who made her first record at sixteen, but achieved
only intermittent fame until 2005, with her album I've Got My Own Hell to
Raise. Her eclectic musical style combines elements of soul, blues, rock
and roll, funk, gospel, and country music.
LaVette was born in Muskegon, Michigan, and raised in Detroit. Unlike
many of her contemporaries, she did not begin singing in the church, but
in her parents' living room, singing R&B and country and western
music. She was signed by Johnnie Mae Matthews, a local record
producer.
In 1962, aged sixteen, she recorded a single, "My Man — He's a Lovin'
Man", with Matthews: the disc was credited to Betty LaVett, the surname
being "borrowed" from Sherma Lavette Anderson, the singer's friend who had
introduced her to Matthews Picked up by Atlantic Records, LaVette's disc
became a major R&B hit over the fall and winter of 1963-63 -
eventually reaching the R&B Top Ten - resulting in LaVette touring
with such Atlantic Records R&B hitmakers as Clyde McPhatter, Ben E.
King, Barbara Lynn, and rising star Otis Redding.
After two overlooked single releases in respectively 1963 and 1964,
LaVette in 1965 returned to the R&B charts with "Let Me Down Easy" on
Calla Records, her first release to be credited to Betty LaVette: [4] the
spelling of the singer's first name as Bettye would date from her 1977
Bubbling Brown Sugar gig. Though only a peripheral success with an R&B
chart peak of #48, "Let Me Down Easy" afforded LaVette sufficient cachet
to briefly tour with The James Brown Revue.
After recording several singles for local Detroit labels, LaVette signed
to the Silver Fox label in 1969. She cut a handful of tracks, including
two Top 40 R&B hits: "He Made A Woman Out Of Me" and "Do Your
Duty".
The Memphis studio musicians on these recordings have since become known
as The Dixie Flyers. In 1972, she signed once again with Atlantic/Atco.
She was sent to Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Alabama to record what was
to be her first full-length album. Titled Child of the Seventies, it was
produced by Brad Shapiro and featured the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section,
now known as The Swampers, but Atco chose not to issue the album.
In 2020, LaVette was inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame..... (Wikipedia)
NEW!
1991-Not Gonna Happen Twice @FLAC
2013–The Golden Sound of Bettye Lavette @FLAC
2023-LaVette! @FLAC24-96
VARIOUS ARTISTS
VA-Original Grooves (EP) @FLAC24-192
Take Another Little Piece
of my Heart
BYLV-1970-Take Another Little Piece of My Heart @320
Souvenirs
BYLV-1973-Souvenirs @192
Doin' The Best That I Can
(EP)
BYLV-1978-Doin The Best That I Can (EP) @FLAC24-88
Tell Me a Lie
BYLV-1982-Tell Me a Lie @FLAC
Nearer To You
BYLV-1991-Nearer To You @VBR
Not Gonna Happen Twice
Let Me Down Easy
In Concert
BYLV-2000-Let Me Down Easy In Concert @FLAC
A Woman Like Me
BYLV-2002-A Woman Like Me @ALAC
I've Got My Own Hell to Raise
BYLV-2005-I_ve Got My Own Hell to Raise @ALAC
The Complete Galla,
Port & Roulette Recordings
(with Carol Fan)
BYLV-2005-The Complete Galla, Port & Roulette Recordings
@FLAC
Child Of The Seventies
BYLV-2006-Child Of The Seventies @FLAC
The Scene Of The Crime
BYLV-2007-The Scene Of The Crime @ALAC
Lilac Festival Rochester NY
(DVD)
BYLV-2008-Lilac Festival Rochester NY (DVD) @MP4
Change Is Gonna Come
Sessions
BYLV-2009-Change Is Gonna Come Sessions @FLAC
Do Your Duty
BYLV-2009-Do Your Duty @256
Interpretations
The Brithish Rock Songbook
(LP/CD)
BYLV-2010-Interpretations (LP) @FLAC24-96
BYLV-2010-Interpretations (CD) @FLAC
Thankful N' Thoughtful
BYLV-2012-Thankful N Thoughtful @FLAC
The Troubadour
Los Angeles, CA
BYLV-2012.10.11-The Troubadour Los Angeles CA (DVD) @MP4
San Javier
(DVD)
2013-San Javier (DVD) @AVI
The Golden Sound of Bettye LaVette
Rawa Blues Festival
(DVD)
BYLV-2015-Rawa Blues Festival (DVD) @TS
Worthy
BYLV-2015-Worthy @FLAC
Things Have Changed
BYLV-2018-Things Have Changed @FLAC24-96
Blackbirds
BYLV-2020-Blackbirds @FLAC
LaVette!
COLLABORATION
⬇️VARIOUS ARTISTS⬇️
Original Grooves
(EP)
VA-Original Grooves (EP) @FLAC24-192






























11 comments:
Wow, didn’t know her. Great voice.
Btw i like the news side you make on the blog.
You're missing a limited edition EP CD, More Thankful, More Thoughtful, which were out-takes from Thankful N Thoughtful.
Hi Erik,
Glad to see you again and thanks for your comment !
I made this new item cause I had enough with the dumb moderators and quit this mess called FesseBouc ! I closed both my accounts and the BluesBluesBlues Group dedicated to the blog new entries ! Sorry for the fans (+700 members !) !
All the Best
Chris-France
FB indeed a big mess and dumb moderators! Time to another social media? Think they have all dumb moderaters😤
Anyway the blog is the greatest,
Greetz,
Erik
Many thanks, I had a hunt around here today and found 6 albums I didn't have, so nice to have copies now. BTW: More Thankful, More Thoughtful, doesn't have an active link. Just bringing it to your attention. Thanks again.
More Thankful, More Thoughtful is from 2012, not 1989.
Hello
Merci encore pour tout ce travail et la qualité de ton Blog!
Et bien sûr Bettye Lavette est une grande dame de la soul/R&B, de la musique en général! Quel plaisir de trouver son oeuvre de façon quasi exhaustive
You are missing her latest album, called LaVette! It's a winner!
@imnokid
Thanks for the message!
Indeed I miss millions of things but I have a huge physical problem: I was born with only 2 arms and 2 hands and at 77 (Mars 26,) I'm getting slower and slower !! (LOL!) Sorry !
Plus, I must have about +1To of albums waiting to be processed (Gov't Mule: 900CD, Rory Gallagher 190CD), Essential Classic +600CD, etc ...
So between rewriting links lost to MEGA and the mass of data to be processed, I've got enough to keep me busy for another thirty years or so.
Best regards
Chris-France
This was a bonus track, digital only - for record store day, from the same sessions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy55WPy_Pag
The 2 x LP version :
A1-See Through Me
A2-Don't Get Me Started
A3-Lazy (And I Know It)
B1-Sooner Or Later
B2-Plan B
B3-Concrete Mind
C1-In The Meantime
C2-Mess About It
C3-Hard To Be A Human
D1-What You Don't Say
D2-I'm Not Gonna Waste My Love
D3-It's Alright
Post a Comment