(Ioannis Alexandres Veliotes)
DISCOGRAPHY 1951-2021 (62CD)
BIOGRAPHY
Johnny Otis (born Ioannis Alexandres Veliotes; December 28, 1921 – January
17, 2012) was an American singer, musician, composer, arranger, bandleader,
talent scout, disc jockey, record producer, television show host, artist,
author, journalist, minister, and impresario. He was a seminal influence on
American R&B and rock and roll.
He discovered numerous artists early in their careers who went on to become
highly successful in their own right, including Little Esther Phillips, Etta
James, Big Mama Thornton, Johnny Ace, Jackie Wilson, Little Willie John,
Hank Ballard, and The Robins (who eventually changed their name to The
Coasters), among many others. Otis has been called the "Godfather of Rhythm
and Blues".
Otis was born in Vallejo, California, to Greek immigrant parents,
Alexander J. Veliotes, a Mare Island longshoreman and grocery store owner,
and his wife, the former Irene Kiskakes, a painter.[3] He had a younger
sister, Dorothy, and a younger brother, Nicholas A. Veliotes, who became
the U.S. Ambassador to Jordan (1978–81) and Egypt (1984–86). Johnny grew
up in a predominantly black neighborhood in Berkeley, California, where
his father owned a grocery store. He became known for his choice to live
his professional and personal life as a member of the African-American
community. He wrote, "As a kid I decided that if our society dictated that
one had to be black or white, I would be black."
Otis began playing drums as a teenager, having bought a set by forging his
father's signature on a credit slip. Soon after, he dropped out of
Berkeley High School, in his junior year. He joined a local band, the West
Oakland House Rockers,[10] with his pianist friend "Count" Otis Matthews.
By 1939, they were performing at many local functions, mostly in and
around Oakland and Berkeley, and were popular among their peers.
In the early 1940s Otis played in swing orchestras, including Lloyd
Hunter's Serenaders[11] and Harlan Leonard's Rockets.[12] He founded his
own band in 1945; they had one of the most enduring hits of the big-band
era, "Harlem Nocturne", a composition by Earle Hagen. His band included
Wynonie Harris, Charles Brown, and Illinois Jacquet, among others. In
1947, he and Bardu Ali opened the Barrelhouse Club in the Watts district
of Los Angeles.
Otis reduced the size of his band and hired the singers Mel Walker, Little
Esther (born Esther Mae Jones and later known as Esther Phillips) and the
Robins (who later became the Coasters).[13] He discovered the teenaged
Esther Jones when she won a talent show at the Barrelhouse Club. With this
band, he toured extensively in the United States as the California Rhythm
and Blues Caravan, and had a string of rhythm-and-blues hits through 1950.
Otis and his Orchestra played at the third annual Cavalcade of Jazz
concert held at Wrigley Field in Los Angeles produced by Leon Hefflin, Sr.
on September 7, 1947. Woody Herman, The Valdez Orchestra, The Blenders,
T-Bone Walker, Slim Gaillard, The Honeydrippers, Sarah Vaughn and the
Three Blazers also performed that same day.....
(Wikipedia)
TRACKS
A1-Midnight In The Barrelhouse
A2-Boogie Guitar
A3-Hangover Blues
A4-Head Hunter
A5-New Orleans Shuffle
A6-Turkey Hop Part 1
B1-Turkey Hop Part 2
B2-Blues Nocturne
B3-Freight Train Boogie
B4-Mambo Boogie
B5-All Nite Long
B6-Honky Tonk Boogie
JOTI-1951-All Nite Long (LP) @320
Midnight at the Barrel House
(1945-54)
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Jeff Hi Stomp (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
A2-Good Time Blues (Redd Lyte & Group)
A3-Lovin' Baby Blues (Joe Swift)
A4-Love Bug Boogie (Mel Walker & Ada Wilson)
A5-Sad Story (Junior Ryder & Peacocks)
A6-Oopy Doo (Johnny Otis & Group)
A7-I'm Not Falling In Love With You (Lady D. Williams)
B1-Good Boogdi Googie (George Washington)
B2-The Candle's Burnin' Low (Mel Walker)
B3-Oh Ho Doodle Lu (Mr. Google Eyes August & Group)
B4-Lead Us On (Mr. Google Eyes August)
B5-I'm Gonna Latch On (Marie Adams)
B6-Rock Me Baby (Johnny Otis & Group)
B7-Freight Train Boogie (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
JOTI-1954-Midnight At The Barrel House (1945-54) (LP) @320
Rock 'n Roll Hit Parade
DIG LP104 - FLY 550
TRACKS
A1-Honey Love (The Jayos)
A2-Sh-Boom (The Jayos)
A3-Earth Angel (The Jayos)
A4-Gee! (The Jayos)
A5-Sincerely (The Jayos)
A6-Midnight Creeper (J.Otis & Orchestra)
B1-At My Front Door (The Jayos)
B2-Long Tall Sally (J.Otis & Orchestra)
B3-Only You (The Jayos)
B4-One Mint Julep (The Jayos)
B5-Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! (J.Otis & Orch.)
B6-Please Don't Leave Me (J.Otis & Orch.)
A1-Honey Love
A2-Sh-Boom
A3-Earth Angel
A4-Gee
A5-Sincerely
A6-The Midnight Creeper
B1-At My Front Door
B2-Long Tall Sally
B3-Only You
B4-One Mint Julep
B5-Hey! Hey!
B6-Please Don't Leave
JOTI-1957-Rock n Roll Hit Parade Vol.1 (LP-DIG LP104) @-192
JOTI-1957-Rock n Roll Hit Parade Vol.1 (LP-FLY 550) @320
CD-ACE
TRACKS
01-Honey Love - The Jayos
02-Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream) - The Jayos
03-Earth Angel - The Jayos
04-Gee! - The Jayos
05-Sincerly - The Jayos
06-The Midnight Creeper (Part 1) - J.Otis Orch.
07-At My Front Door - The Jayos
08-Long Tall Sally - The Johnny Otis Orchestra
09-Only You - The Jayos
10-One Mint Julep - The Jayos
11-Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! - J.Otis Orchestra
12-Please Don't Leave Me - J.Otis Orchestra
13-Shake A Hand - Jeannie Barnes
14-Sexy Ways - The Jayos
15-Ko Ko Mo, I Love You So - A.L.Maye, M.Williams
16-Fever - Arthur Lee Maye
17-It's Love Baby - Harold Lewis
18-I Almost Lost My Mind - Prince Moreland
19-The Midnight Creeper (Part 2) - J.Otis Orch.
20-Good Lovin' - The Jayos
21-Teardrops From My Eyes - Jeannie Barnes
22-I Need You So - Prince Moreland
23-I Cried A Million Tears - Mel Williams
24-All Through The Night - Mel Williams
JOTI-1957-Rock n Roll Hit Parade (CD-ACE) @FLAC
Cold Shot
TRACKS
A1-The Signifyin' Monkey Part 1
A2-Country Girl
A3-I Believe I'll Go Back Home
A4-High Heel Sneakers
A5-Sittin' Here Alone
B1-C C Rider
B2-You Better Look Out
B3-Goin' Back to La
B4-Bye Bye Baby
B5-Cold Shot
1969-Cold Shot @FLAC
Snatch & The Poontangs
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-The Signifyin' Monkey (Part.1)
A2-The Signifyin' Monkey (Part.2)
A3-That's Life
A4-The Great Stack-A-Lee
A5-The Pissed-Off Cowboy
B1-Hey Shine
B2-Two-Time Slim
B3-Big John Jeeter
B4-Two Girls In Love
JOTI-1969-Snatch & The Poontangs (LP) @FLAC24-96
Cold Shot
+ Snatch & The Poontangs
TRACKS
01-The Signifyin' Monkey Part.1
02-Country Girl
03-I Believe I'll Go Back Home
04-High Heel Sneakers
05-Sittin' Here Alone
06-C C Rider
07-You Better Look Out
08-Goin' Back To LA
09-Bye Bye Baby
10-Cold Shot
11-The Signifyin' Monkey Part.2
12-That's Life
13-The Great Stack A Lee
14-The Pissed-Off Cowboy
15-Hey Shine
16-Two Time Slim
17-Big John Jeeter
18-Two Girls In Love
19-It's Good To Be Free
20-The Dirty Dozens
JOTI-1969-Cold Shot+Snatch & The Poontangs @FLAC
Formidable
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Shake It Lucy Baby
A2-Romance in the Dark
A3-Loop De Loop
A4-Lonely River
A5-A Story Untold
A6-Can't You Hear Me Callin'
B1-Theme & Good Golly
B2-Stay With Me
B3-Its Too Soon to Know
B4-Hum Ding a Ling
B5-Livin' in Misery
B6-Ma (He's Making Eyes at Me)
B7-Tell Me So
JOTI-1969-Formidable (LP) @320
(Thanks to Günther)
Cuttin' Up
(LP/CD)
TRACKS
A1-The Watts Breakaway
A2-Mo-Jo Woman
A3-Barrelhouse Blues
A4-Evil Gal Blues
A5-It's Good To Be Free
A6-I Can Stand To See You Die
B1-Don't Stretch This Good Thing Too Far
B2-Elim Stole My Baby
B3-I Got The Walkin' Blues
B4-You Can Depend On Me
B5-Double Crossing Blues
B6-Cuttin' Up
TRACKS
option>01-The Watts Breakaway
02-Mo-Jo Woman
03-Barrelhouse Blues
04-Evil Gal Blues
05-It's Good to Be Free
06-I Can Stand to See You Die
07-Don't Stretch This Good Thing Too Far
08-Elim Stole My Baby
09-I Got the Walkin' Blues
10-You Can Depend on Me
11-Double Crossing Blues
12-Cuttin' Up
JOTI-1970-Cuttin' Up (LP) @320 *
JOTI-1970-Cuttin' Up (CD @320
* Thanks to Günther
LIVE BBC
The Johnny Otis Show
TRACKS
01-Honky Tonk (The Johnny Otis Band)
02-Knock on Wood (Big Daddy Rucker)
03-Best Friend Blues (Big Daddy Rucker)
04-Lawdy Miss Clawdy (Big Daddy Rucker)
05-Turn On Your Love Light (Big Daddy Rucker)
06-Medley 1 (Marie Adams & The Three Tons Of
Joy)
07-Medley 2 (Marie Adams & The Three Tons Of
Joy)
08-Shake A Hand (Marie Adams & Three Tons Of
Joy)
09-Hitch Hike (Marie Adams & Three Tons Of Joy)
10-The Preacher's Blues (Gene Mighty Flea Connors)
11-Willie and the Hand Jive (Johnny Otis)
12-Black Night (Johnny Otis)
13-Band Introductions (Johnny Otis)
14-Me and My Woman (Shuggie Otis)
15-I Want To Take You Higher (The Otis ettes)
16-Stand (The Otis ettes)
17-Shake (The Otis ettes)
18-Roll 'Em Pete (The Johnny Otis Orchestra)
1972-08-08-LIVE BBC Johhny Otis Show @320
Back To Jazz
(LP)
TRACKS
01-Hot Foot
02-Nigger, Please!
03-I Wish You Love
04-Floatin'
05-Just Right
06-Melody For Mother
07-Zot-Doo-Zay
08-Signing Off
JOTI-1977-Back To Jazz (LP) @256
The Original Johnny Otis Show
(2LPs/CD)
TRACKS
A1-Harlem Nocturne
A2-My Baby's Business
A3-Round The Clock
A4-Preston Love's Mansion
A5-Boogie Guitar
A6-Little Red Hen
A7-Hangover Blues
A8-New Orleans Shuffle
B1-If It's So Baby
B2-Rain In My Eyes
B3-I Found Out My Troubles
B4-I'm Livin' OK
B5-Ain't No Use Beggin'
B6-You're Fine But Not My Kind
B7-Turkey Hop Part 1
B8-Turkey Hop Part 2
C1-Blues Nocturne
C2-Cry Baby
C3-Mistrustin' Blues
C4-Dreamin' Blues
C5-Cool & Easy
C6-Wedding Boogie
C7-Sunset To Dawn
C8-Honky Tonk Boogie
D1-All Nite Long
D2-Deceivin' Blues
D3-Three Magic Words
D4-Because I Love My Baby So
D5-Beer Bottle Boogie
D6-Uneasy Blues
D7-Love Will Break Your Heart For You
D8-Rockin' Blues
01-Harlem Nocturne
02-My Baby's Business
03-Round The Clock
04-Preston Love's Mansion
05-Boogie Guitar
06-Little Red Hen
07-Hangover Blues
08-New Orleans Shuffle
09-If It's So Baby
10-Rain In My Eyes
11-I Found Out My Troubles
12-I've Livin' OK
13-Ain't No Use For Beggin'
14-You're Fine But Not My Kind
15-Turkey Hop Part 1
16-Turkey Hop Part 2
17-Blues Nocturne
18-Cry Baby
19-Mistrustin' blues
20-Dreamin' Blues
21-Cool And Easy
22-Wedding Boogie
23-Sunset To Dawn
24-Honky Tonk Boogie
25-All Nite Long
26-Deceivin' Blues
27-Three Magic Words
JOTI-1978-The Original Johnny Otis Show (2LP) @320
JOTI-1978-The Original Johnny Otis Show (CD) @FLAC
Vol.2 (1949-51)
(2LPs)
TRACKS
A1-Midnight In The Barrelhouse
A2-I'm Not Falling In Love With You
A3-I'm Through
A4-Feel Like Crying Again
A5-Faraway Christmas Blues
A6-Goin' To See My Baby
A7-It Can Never Happen Again
A8-Dee's Boogie
B1-Mambo Boogie
B2-Lonely Blues
B3-Ain't Nothin' Shakin'
B4-I'll Never Smile Again
B5-Doggin' Blues
B6-Help Me Blues
B7-Just Another Flame
B8-Double Trouble Hop
C1-Blow Gene Blow
C2-Heartache Hear I Come
C3-Warnin' Blues
C4-Gonna Take The A Train
C5-Walk My Blues Away
C6-Freight Train Boogie
C7-I'll Ask My Heart
C8-Slow Blues
D1-Bongo Blues
D2-Turn The Lights Down Low
D3-It Ain't The Beauty
D4-Strange Woman
D5-Good Time Blues
D6-Hold Me Close
D7-Fool's Gold
D8-Living And Loving You
JOTI-1980-The Original Johnny Otis Show Vol.2 (1949-51)(2LPs) @256
Rock n' Roll Revue
(1957-60)
TRACKS
01-Shake It Lucy Baby
02-Willie And The Hand Jive
03-Ring-A-Ling
04-Bye, Bye, Baby
05-The Light Still Shines In My Window
06-Tell Me So
07-Telephone Baby
08-Mumblin' Mosie
09-Good Golly
10-Crazy Country Hop
11-Hum Ding A Ling
12-You Just Kissed Me Goodbye
13-In The Dark
14-Can't You Hear Me Callin'
15-Castin' My Spell
16-Ma, He's Makin' Eyes At Me
JOTI-1982-Rock n Roll Revue (1957-60) @320
Barrelhouse Stomp
(1946-51)
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Omaha Flash
A2-Jeff-Hi Stomp
A3-Miss Mitchell
A4-Ultra-Violet
A5-Sgt Barksdale Part One
A6-Sgt Barksdale Part Two
A7-Love's Nocturne
A8-Barrel House Stomp
B1-Pay Day Blues
B2-Hog Jaws
B3-The Jelly Roll
B4-Happy New Year Baby
B5-That's Your Last Boogie
B6-Alligator Meat
B7-Stardust
B8-One Nighter Blues
JOTI-1985-Barrelhouse Stomp (1946-51)(LP) @320
The Capitol Years
TRACKS
01-Willie And The Hand Jive
02-Good Golly
03-Crazy Country Hop
04-Can't You Hear Me Callin'
05-Castin' My Spell
06-Telephone Baby
07-Willie Did The Cha Cha
08-Livin' In Misery
09-Three Girls Named Molly
10-Until We Meet Again
11-Hum-Ding-A-Ling
12-Baby Just You
13-Ring A Ling
14-Hey Baby Don't You Know
15-Let The Sunshine In My Life
16-Well, Well, Well
17-Ma (He's Makin' Eyes At Me)
18-Cold Turkey
19-I Wonder
20-I'm With You
21-Little Angel
22-Why Don't You Do Right
23-Voodoo Woman
24-Vine Street Swing
JOTI-1989-The Capitol Years @160
Creepin' With The Cats
TRACKS
01-Midnight Creeper Part 1
02-Driftin' Blues
03-Ali Baba's Boogie
04-Let The Sun Shine In My Life
05-Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
06-Dog Face Boy Part 1
07-Dog Face Boy Part 2
08-Show Me The Way To Go Home
09-Sleepy Shines Butt Shuffle
10-Organ Grinder's Swing
11-Someday
12-Sadie
13-Butterball
14-Wa-Wa Part 1
15-My Eyes Are Full Of Tears
16-Turtle Dove
17-Groove Juice
18-Trouble On My Mind
19-Number 69 Number 21
20-The Creeper Returns
21-Stop, Look And Love Me
22-The Night Is Young
JOTI-1991-Creepin With The Cats @FLAC
Let's Live It Up
TRACKS
01-Let's Rock (Let's Surf Awhile) (Johnny Otis)
02-Hand Jive One More Time (Johnny Otis)
03-It Must Be Love (Johnny Otis)
04-I Say I Love You (Johnny Guitar Watson)
05-She's All Right (Johnny Otis)
06-Baby I Got News For You (Johnny Otis)
07-California Mash (The Hash) (Johnny Otis)
08-Darling, I'll Be True (Interludes)
09-Let's Live It Up (Johnny Otis)
10-That's The Chance You've Got To Take (J.G.Watson)
11-The Hey, Hey, Hey Song (Johnny Otis)
12-Somebody Call The Station (Johnny Otis)
13-Early In The Morning Blues (Johnny Otis)
14-You Better Love Me (Johnny Guitar Watson)
15-Queen Of The Twist (Johnny Otis)
16-Oh My Soul (Johnny Otis)
17-Wilted Rose Bud (Interludes)
18-I Know My Love Is True (Johnny Otis)
19-Cold, Cold Heart (Johnny Otis)
20-Bye Bye Baby (I'm Leaving You) (Johnny Otis)
21-Yes (Johnny Otis)
22-In The Evening (Johnny Guitar Watson)
JOTI-1991-Let's Live It Up @320
(Thanks to Günther)
The New Johnny Otis Show
(with Shuggie Otis)
TRACKS
01-Drinkin'Wine Spo-dee-o-dee
02-Every beat of my heart
03-Jonella and Jack
04-What Else can I do
05-Half Steppin Woman
06-Why don't you do right
07-Big time scoop
08-I never felt this way before
09-Don't deceive me
10-So fine
11-Unknown
JOTI-1991-The New Johnny Otis Show @FLAC
Spirit of the Black Territory Bands
TRACKS
01-Swinging The Blues
02-Margie
03-You're Drivin' Me CrazyMoten Swing
04-The Mooche
05-Flying Home
06-Harlem Nocturne
07-Jumpin' At The Woodside
08-Sophisticated Lady
09-Jumpin' The Blues
10-Creole Love Call
11-Rock-A-Bye Basie
JOTI-1992-Spirit of the Black Territory Bands @FLAC
The Complete Savoy Recordings
(3CDs)
TRACKS
101-Harlem Nocturne
102-Jimmy's Round The Clock
103-My Baby's Business
104-Preston Love's Mansion
105-Midnight In The Barrelhouse
106-Boogie Guitar
107-Ain't Nothin Shakin
108-Hangover Blues
109-Get Together Blues
110-I'm Not Falling In Love With You
111-If It's So Baby
112-Our Romance Is Gone
113-If I Didn't Love You So
114-Rain In My Eyes
115-Double Crossing Blues
116-Headhunter
117-Going To See My Baby
118-The Little Red Hen
119-New Orleans Shuffle
120-The Turkey Hop, Part 1
121-The Turkey Hop, Part 2
122-Blues Nocturne
123-Cry Baby
124-Lover's Lane Boogie
125-I Found Out My Troubles
126-Misery
201-I'm Through
202-I'm Living The O.K.
203-There Ain't No Use Begging
204-You're Fine But Not My Kind
205-Helpless
206-Cool And Easy
207-Mistrustin' Blues
208-Dreamin' Blues
209-Cupid's Boogie
210-Just Can't Can't Free
211-My Heart Tells Me
212-Lost Dream Blues
213-Deceivin' Blues
214-Lonely Blues
215-Strange Woman
216-Freight Train Boogie
217-Good Times Blues
218-Sunset To Dawn
219-Wedding Boogie
220-Faraway Christmas Blues
221-Love Will Break Your Heart
222-Rockin' Blues
223-I Don't Care
224-I Dream
225-Beer Bottle Boogie
226-Uneasy Blues
301-It Can Never Happen Again
302-Gee Baby
303-Fools Gold
304-Feel Like Crying Again
305-Heartache, Here I Come
306-Turn The Light Down Low
307-Hold Me Close
308-Gonna Take A Train
309-Doggin' Blues
310-Chitlin' Switch
311-Warning Blues
312-Living And Loving You
313-Hunter Hancock Theme
314-Mambo Boogie
315-New Love
316-Just Another Flame
317-I'll Ask My Heart
318-It Ain't The Beauty
319-All Night Long
320-Help Me Blues
321-Walkin' Shoe Boogie
322-Honky Tonk Boogie
323-Because I Love My Baby So
324-Where's My Baby
325-Three Magic Words
JOTI-1999-The Complete Savoy Recordings (3CDs) @FLAC
Watts Funky
TRACKS
01-Spells and Incantations (D.Lyndsey, J.Otis)
02-But I Ain't No More (J.Otis, Vera Hamilton)
03-Country Girl (Johnny Otis)
04-Watts Breakaway (The Johnny Otis Show)
05-Miss Pretty (Johnny Otis, Shuggie Otis)
06-The Humpty Dump (Johnny Otis, The Vibrettes)
07-I Don't Understand It (I.W.Slim, J.Otis, 4Floor)
08-Funky Disco Boogie (Carla Delmar, Johnny Otis)
09-Good to the Last Drop (Johnny Otis)
10-Don't It Make You Feel Good (The J.Otis Show)
11-Strawberry Letter 23 (J.Otis, S.Otis)
12-Cool Ade (Johnny Otis, Preston Love)
13-Comin' at Ya Baby (Johnny Otis)
14-The Signifyin' Monkey (The Johnny Otis Show)
15-Whelp (Doug Wintz, Johnny Otis)
16-Jaws (Johnny Otis)
17-Skunk Booty (The Johnny Otis Show)
18-Hey Boy! I Want You (Barbara Morrison)
19-You Got to Do It Right (J.Otis, W.J.Webb)
20-If You'd Be Mine (Johnny Otis, Shuggie Otis)
JOTI-2001-Watts Funky @320
The Story of the Blues
(2CD)
TRACKS
Good Ole Blues
101-I Gotta Guy (Johnny Otis & Little Esther)
102-Mean Ole Gal (Johnny Otis & Little Esther)
103-Thursday Night Blues
104-Good Ole Blues
105-Boogie Guitar (Three Guitars)
106-Ain't Nothing Shakin'
107-Hangover Blues
108-Get Together Blues (Johnny Otis & Little Esther)
109-I'm Not Falling In Love With You
110-If It's So, Baby (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
111-Our Romance Is Gone (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
112-If I Didn't Love You So (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
113-Rain In My Eyes (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
114-Double Crossing Blues (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
115-Head Hunter
116-Going To See My Baby
117-The Little Red Hen
118-New Orleans Shuffle
119-The Turkey Hop - pt I
120-The Turkey Hop - pt II
121-Blues Nocturne
122-Cry Baby
123-Lover's Lane Boogie (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
124-I Found My Troubles (Johnny Otis & The Robins)
Best Friend Blues
201-Diney Brown Blues (Big Joe Turner)
202-Person To Person (Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson)
203-The Welfare Blues (Nyles Jones)
204-Fanny Mae
205-Best Friend Blues (Big Daddy Rucker)
206-DePrit and Betty (Nyles Jones)
207-Baby I Got News For You
208-You're Still My Baby (Big Joe Turner)
209-Sherry Red
210-Your Poodle Dog (Nyles Jones)
211-Cleanhead Blues (Eddie Cleanhead Vinson)
212-You Got Me Movin' (Big Daddy Rucker)
213-Ain't Gonna Let No Woman (Nyles Jones)
214-Linda Lu
JOTI-2004-The Story of the Blues {2CD} @FLAC
Rocks
Ain't Nothin' Shakin'
TRACKS
01-Hound Dog
02-Bump on a Log
03-You're Fine But Not My Kind
04-Cupid's Boogie
05-It Ain't the Beauty
06-All Nite Long
07-I Found out My Troubles
08-I'm Living OK
09-Beer Bottle Boogie
10-Feel Like Crying Again
11-The Turkey Hop
12-Mambo Boogie
13-The Deacon Moves In
14-Because I Love My Baby So
15-Ring-A-Ding-Doo
16-Good Ole Blues
17-Ain't Nothin' Shakin'
18-If It's So Baby
19-The Little Red Hen
20-Headhunter
JOTI-2006-Rocks-Ain't Nothin' Shakin' @192
(Thanks to Günther)
Rock Me Baby
The Mercury & Peacock Sides
(1950-55)
TRACKS
01-Johnny Otis Radio Show Signature Tune
02-Oopy Do (vocals Johnny Otis)
03-One O'Clock Jump
04-Baby Baby Blues (vocals Mel Walker)
05-One Nighter Blues
06-The Love Bug Boogie (vc Mel Walker & Ada Wilson)
07-Gypsy Blues (vocals Mel Walker)
08-Goomp Blues
09-Sugar Sugar (vocals Mel Walker)
10-Why Don't You Believe Me (vocals Ada Wilson)
11-Stardust
12-The Candle's Burnin' Low (vocals Mel Walker)
13-Call Operator 210 (vocals Mel Walker)
14-The Last Mile (vocals Mel Walker)
15-Brown Skin Butterball (vocals Mel Walker)
16-The Game Is Over (vocals Mel Walker)
17-Wishing Well (vocals Ada Wilson)
18-Rock Me Baby (vc Johnny Otis & The Peacocks)
19-Young Girl (vocals Johnny Otis)
20-Sad Story (vocals Junior Ryder)
21-Shake It (vocals Johnny Otis)
22-I Won't Be Your Fool No More (vc Johnny Otis)
23-Boom Diddy Wa Wa (vocals Junior & Marie)
24-Sittin' Here Drinkin' (vocals Johnny Otis)
25-You Got Me Cryin' (vocals Johnny Otis)
26-Better Stop (vocals Junior Ryder)
27-Butterball (vocals Johnny Otis)
28-Sandy's Boogie
29-Yes, Baby (vc Johnny Ace & Big Mama Thornton)
JOTI-2007-Rock Me Baby The Mercury & Peacock Sides (1951-55)
JOTI-2020-Rock Me Baby! (Remastered) @FLAC
Hand Jive
TRACKS
01-Bye Bye Baby
02-Let The Sun Shine In My Life
03-Willie And The Hand Jive
04-A Light Still Shines In Your Window
05-Mumblin' Mosie
06-All I Want Is Your Love
07-Casting My Spell
08-Hey Baby, Don't You Know
09-Telephone Baby
10-Ring-A-Ling
11-Three Girls Named Molly
....Doin' The Hully Gully
12-Crazy Country Hop
JOTI-2011-Hand Jive @320
(Thanks to Günther)
That's Your Last Boogie!
The Best of Johnny Otis
(3CD)
TRACKS
101-Uptown Boogie (Illinois Jacquet)
102-Cock-A-Doodle-Doo (Illinois Jacquet)
103-Jimmy's Round The Clock Blues (I.Jacquet)
104-Harlem Nocturne (Illinois Jacquet)
105-Drifting Blues (Illinois Jacquet)
106-Yonder Goes My Baby (Illinois Jacquet)
107-One O'clock_Jump Omaha Flash (I.Jacquet)
108-S.K. Blues (Illinois Jacquet)
109-Good Boogdi Googie (Illinois Jacquet)
110-Grooovy (Illinois Jacquet)
111-Jammin' With Lester (Illinois Jacquet)
112-My Baby Done Told Me (Illinois Jacquet)
113-Jeff-Hi Stomp (Illinois Jacquet)
114-Matchbox Blues (Illinois Jacquet)
115-Midnight In The Barrelhouse (I.Jacquet)
116-That's Your Last Boogie (I.Jacquet)
117-Barrelhouse Stomp (Illinois Jacquet)
118-Court Room Blues (Illinois Jacquet)
119-Around About Midnight (Illinois Jacquet)
120-Mean Ole Gal (Illinois Jacquet)
121-If I Didn't Love You So (Illinois Jacquet)
122-Double Crossing Blues (Illinois Jacquet)
123-If It's So, Baby (Illinois Jacquet)
124-New Orleans Shuffle (Illinois Jacquet)
125-The Turkey Hop, Pt. 1 (Illinois Jacquet)
126-The Turkey Hop, Pt. 2 (Illinois Jacquet)
127-Cry Baby (Illinois Jacquet)
201-Lover's Lane Boogie (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
202-Misery (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
203-Beer Bottle Boogie (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
204-Mistrustin' Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
205-Cupid's Boogie (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
206-Deceivin' Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
207-Sunset To Dawn (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
208-Dreamin' Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
209-Wedding Boogie (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
210-Far Away Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
211-Rockin' Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
212-Gee Baby (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
213-Mambo Boogie (Johnny Otis & Little Esther & The Blue
Notes)
214-All Nite Long (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
215-Feel Like Cryin' Again (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
216-Doggin' Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
217-Hunter Hancock's Harlematinee (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue
Notes)
218-Oopy-Doo (Johnny Otis & Little Esther & The Blue
Notes)
219-One Nighter Blues (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
220-Call Operator 210 (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
221-The Candle's Burning Low (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
222-Goomp Blues (Johnny Otis & Little Esther & The Blue
Notes)
223-The Love Bug Boogie (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
224-The Deacon Moves In (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
225-Every Beat Of My Heart (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
226-Better Beware (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
227-Harlem Nocturne (Live) (J.Otis, L.Esther & Blue Notes)
301-Drill, Daddy, Drill (Dorothy Ellis)
302-Young Girl (Dorothy Ellis)
303-Louisiana Hop (Dorothy Ellis)
304-Hound Dog (Dorothy Ellis)
305-Rock Me Baby (Dorothy Ellis)
306-Going Crazy (Dorothy Ellis)
307-Honey, Honey (Dorothy Ellis)
308-Shake It (Dorothy Ellis)
309-Yes, Baby (Dorothy Ellis)
310-Boom Diddy Wa Wa (Dorothy Ellis)
311-Pledging My Love (Dorothy Ellis)
312-Better Stop (Dorothy Ellis)
313-Oh Ho Doodle Lu (Dorothy Ellis)
314-Little Richard's Boogie (Dorothy Ellis)
315-The Wallflower (Dorothy Ellis)
316-Hey Little Girl (Dorothy Ellis)
317-If You Ever Get Lonesome (Dorothy Ellis)
318-Please Be True (Dorothy Ellis)
319-I'm Gonna Whale On You (Dorothy Ellis)
320-Ko Ko Mo (Dorothy Ellis)
321-Country Boogie (Dorothy Ellis)
322-I Miss You So (Dorothy Ellis)
323-Shake It, Lucy Baby (Dorothy Ellis)
324-Ma (He's Makin' Eyes At Me) (D.Ellis)
325-Bye Bye Baby (Dorothy Ellis)
326-Willie And The Hand Jive (Dorothy Ellis)
327-Crazy Country Hop (Dorothy Ellis)
328-Castin' My Spell (Dorothy Ellis)
329-Mumblin' Mosie (Dorothy Ellis)
JOTI-2012-That's Your Last Boogie (3CD) @FLAC
Essential Recordings
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-Harlem Nocturne
102-Jimmy's Round The Clock Blues
103-Yonder Goes My Baby
104-Jeff-Hi Stomp
105-That's Your Last Boogie
106-Midnight At The Barrelhouse
107-Barrelhouse Stomp
108-Court Room Blues
109-If It's So, Baby
110-Double Crossing Blues
111-New Orleans Shuffle
112-Lover's Lane Boogie
113-Mistrustin' Blues
114-Misery
115-Cry Baby
116-Cupid's Boogie
117-Deceivin' Blues
118-Dreamin' Blues
119-Wedding Boogie
120-Rockin' Blues
201-Hound Dog
202-Pledging My Love
203-Beer Bottle Boogie
204-Gee Baby
205-Mambo Boogie
206-All Nite Long
207-Sunset To Dawn
208-Call Operator 210
209-The Candle's Burning Low
210-Shake It
211-Ko Ko Mo
212-Oh Ho Doodle Lu
213-Little Richard's Boogie
214-Ma (He's Making Eyes At Me)
215-Bye Bye Baby
216-Willie And The Hand Jive
217-Crazy Country Hop
218-Castin' My Spell
219-Mumblin' Mosie
220-Shake It, Lucy Baby
JOTI-2014-Essential Recordings (2CD) @320
(Thanks to Günther)
Live In Los Angeles 1970
TRACKS
01-Shake Rattle & Roll (Feat. Joe Turner)
02-Chains of Love (Feat. Joe Turner)
03-R.M. Blues (Feat. Roy Milton)
04-Baby You Don't Know (Feat. Roy Milton)
05-Misery (Feat. Little Esther Phillips)
06-Confessin' Blues (Little Esther Phillips)
07-Livin' In Misery
08-Willie And The Hand Jive
09-Cleanhead Blues (E. 'Cleanhead' Vinson)
10-Kidney Stew Blues (E. 'Cleanhead' Vinson)
11-Driftin' Blues (Feat. Charles Brown)
12-Please Don't Drive Me Away (Charles Brown)
13-Reconsider Baby (Feat. Lowell Fulson)
14-Tramp (Feat. Lowell Fulson)
15-Mistreatin' Blues (T-Bone Walker & S.Otis)
JOTI-2015-Live In Los Angeles 1970 @FLAC
Honey Love
TRACKS
01-Let the Sun Shine in My Life
02-Willie and the Hand Jive
03-Honey Love
04-Three Girls Named Molly
....Doin' the Hully Gully
05-Little Angel
06-Good Golly
07-Casting My Spell
08-Telephone Baby
09-Hey, Baby Don't You Know
10-Long Tall Sally
11-Cold Turkey
12-Willie Did the Cha-Cha
13-Crazy Country Hop
14-Baby Just You
15-Please Don't Leave Me
16-Well, Well, Well, Well
17-The Midnight Creeper, Pt. I
18-Hum-Ding-A-Ling
19-Livin' in Misery
20-Hey!
21-Can't You Hear Me Calling
22-Bye Bye Baby
23-I'm with You
24-Gee
25-Voodoo Woman
26-Sexy Ways
27-The Midnight Creeper, Pt. II
28-Loop-De-Loop
JOTI-2018-Honey Love @FLAC
Good Ole Blues
(1949-50)
TRACKS
01-I Gotta Guy
02-Mean Ole Gal
03-Thursday Night Blues
04-Good Ole Blues
05-Boogie Guitar (Three Guitars)
06-Ain't Nothin' Shakin'
07-Hangover Blues
08-Get Together Blues
09-I'm Not Falling in Love with You
10-If It's So, Baby
11-Our Romance Is Gone
12-If I Didn't Love You So
13-Rain in My Eyes
14-Double Crossing Blues
15-Head Hunter
16-Going to See My Baby
17-The Little Red Hen
18-New Orleans Shuffle
19-The Turkey Hop, Pt. 1
20-The Turkey Hop, Pt. 2
21-Blues Nocturne
22-Cry Baby
23-Lover's Lane Boogie
24-I Found out My Troubles
JOTI-2020-Good Ole Blues (1949-50) @FLAC
Doin' the Hully Gully
TRACKS
01-Ring-A-Ling
02-Hey Baby Don't You Know
03-Let The Sun Shine In My Life
04-Willie Did the Cha Cha
05-Sunset to Dawn
06-Ma (He's Makin' Eyes At Me) [Live]
07-Harlem Nocturne
08-Telephone Baby
09-The Light Still Shines In My Window
10-Three Girls Named Molly Doin' the Hully Gully
11-Crazy Country Hop
12-Mambo Boogie
13-All I Want Is Your Love (Live)
14-Willie and the Hand Jive
15-Mumblin' Mosie
16-Wedding Boogie
17-Castin' My Spell
18-Bye Bye Baby
JOTI-2021-Doin' the Hully Gully @FLAC
Songs of Love & Baby
TRACKS
01-My Baby's Business
02-Preston Love's Mansion
03-I'm Not Falling in Love with You
04-If It's So, Baby
05-If I Didn't Love You So
06-Going to See My Baby
07-Cry Baby
08-Lover's Lane Boogie
09-Cupid's Boogie
10-Love Will Break Your Heart
11-Gee Baby
12-New Love
13-Because I Love My Baby So
14-Where's My Baby
JOTI-2021-Songs of Love & Baby @FLAC
The Fabulous Johnny Otis Show!
(Remastered)
TRACKS
01-Harlem Nocturne
02-Jimmy's Round The Clock
03-My Baby's Business
04-Preston Love's Mansion
05-Midnight In The Barrelhouse
06-Boogie Guitar
07-Ain't Nothin Shakin
08-Hangover Blues
09-Get Together Blues
10-I'm Not Falling In Love With You
11-If It's So Baby
12-Our Romance Is Gone
13-If I Didn't Love You So
14-Rain In My Eyes
15-Double Crossing Blues
16-Headhunter
17-Going To See My Baby
18-The Little Red Hen
19-New Orleans Shuffle
20-The Turkey Hop, Pt. 1
21-The Turkey Hop, Pt. 2
22-Blues Nocturne
23-Cry Baby
24-Lover's Lane Boogie
25-I Found Out My Troubles
26-Misery
JOTI-2021-The Fabulous Johnny Otis Show! (Remastered) @FLAC24-96
COLLECTION
The Godfather of R&B
& R&B Caravan
Vol.1 (1945-50)
TRACKS
01-My Baby's Business
02-Jimmy's Round-The-Clock Blues
03-Alimony Boogie
04-The Jelly Roll
05-Midnight In The Barrelhouse
06-What's Your Name
07-I Gotta Guy
08-Boogie Guitar (Three Guitars)
09-I'm Not Falling In Love With You
10-If It's So Baby
11-Our Romance Is Gone
12-Double Crossing Blues
13-Little Red Hen
14-Going To See My Baby
15-New Orleans Shuffle
16-Cry Baby
17-Lover's Lane Boogie
18-Blues Nocturne
19-You're Fine But Not My Kind
20-Mistrustin' Blues
21-Dreamin' Blues
22-Cupid's Boogie
BLCL-JOTI-Godfather of R&B Vol.1 (1945-50) @192
(Thanks to Günther)
(1945-47)
TRACKS
01-My Baby's Business
02-Preston's Love Mansion
03-Jimmy's Round-The-Clock Blues
04-Harlem Nocturne
05-Omaha Flash
06-Jeff-Hi Stomp
07-Miss Mitchell
08-Ultra-Violet
09-Sgt. Barksdale (Part 1)
10-Sgt. Barksdale (Part 2)
11-Love's Nocturne
12-Good Boogdi Googie
13-Midnight In The Barrelhouse
14-Barrelhouse Stomp
15-Alimony Boogie
16-Hog Jaws
17-My Baby Done Told Me
18-Court Room Blues
19-The Jelly Roll
20-Pay Day Blues
21-Happy New Year Baby
CHLL-Johnny Otis-Chronological Classics (1945-47) @FLAC
(1949-50)
TRACKS
01-I Gotta Guy
02-Mean Ole Gal
03-Thursday Night Blues
04-Good Ole Blues
05-Boogie Guitar (Three Guitars)
06-Ain't Nothing Shakin'
07-Hangover Blues
08-Get Together Blues
09-I'm Not Falling In Love With You
10-If It's So, Baby
11-Our Romance Is Gone
12-If I Didn't Love You So
13-Rain In My Eyes
14-Double Crossing Blues
15-Head Hunter
16-Going To See My Baby
17-The Little Red Hen
18-New Orleans Shuffle
19-The Turkey Hop (Part 1)
20-The Turkey Hop (Part 2)
21-Blues Nocturne
22-Cry Baby
23-Lover's Lane Boogie
24-I Found My Troubles
CHLL-Johnny Otis-Chronological Classics (1949-50) @FLAC
(1950)
TRACKS
01-Misery
02-I'm Through
03-I'm Living O.K.
04-Ain't No Use Beggin'
05-You're Fine, But Not My Kind
06-Helpless
07-Cool And Easy
08-Mistrustin' Blues
09-Dreamin' Blues
10-Cupid's Boogie
11-Just Can't Get Free
12-My Heart Tells Me
13-Last Dream Blues (Lost In A Dream)
14-Deceivin' Blues
15-Lonely Blues
16-Strange Woman
17-Freight Train Boogie
18-Good Time Blues
19-Sunset To Dawn
20-Wedding Boogie
21-Far Away Blues (Far Away Christmas Blues)
22-Love Will Break Your Heart For You
23-Rockin' Blues
24-I Don't Care
25-I Dream
CHLL-Johnny Otis-Chronological Classics (1950) @FLAC
(1951)
TRACKS
01-It Can Never Happen Again
02-Gee Baby
03-Fool's Gold
04-Feel Like Cryin' Again
05-Heartache Here I Come
06-Turn The Lights Down Low
07-Hold Me Close
08-Gonna Take A Train
09-Doggin' Blues
10-Chittlin' Switch
11-Warning Blues
12-Living And Loving You
13-Mambo Boogie
14-New Love
15-Just Another Flame
16-I'll Ask My Heart
17-It Ain't The Beauty
18-All Night Long
19-Help Me Blues
20-Hand Me Down Blues
21-Honky Tonk Boogie
22-Because I Love My Baby So
23-Where's My Baby
24-Three Magic Words
CHLL-Johnny Otis-Chronological Classics (1951) @FLAC
Vol.3-8
TRACKS
A1-Willie And The Hand Jive
A2-Barrelhouse Blues
A3-Please Don't Leave Me
A4-Bad Luck Shadow
A5-Fannie Mae
A6-The Signifyin' Monkey
B1-Harlem Nocturne
B2-Stack-A-Lee
B3-Don't Start Me To Talkin'
B4-Baby, I've Got News For You
B5-Country Girl
B6-Bye Bye Baby
A1-Harlem Nocturne
A2-Low Down Dirty Dog Blues
A3-Barrelhouse Blues
A4-Waitin'
B1-Willie And The Hand Jive
B2-Country Girl
B3-Slo Fuse
B4-The Signifyin' Monkey
B5-Bad Luck Shadow
Great Rhythm & Blues Oldies Vol.03 @FLAC *
Great Rhythm & Blues Oldies Vol.08 @ FLAC *
Vol.13
TRACKS
A1-Willie And The Hand Jive
A2-Don't Start Me To Talkin'
A3-Snake Hips
A4-Please Don't Leave Me
A5-Bye Bye, Baby
B1-Baby, I've Got News For You
B2-Meedjo And Freddy
B3-Fanny Mae
B4-Stack-A-Lee
Great Rhythm & Blues Oldies Vol.13 @FLAC *
* Thanks to Günther
CD17 - Live At Monterey
TRACKS
01-Willie And The Hand Jive
02-Cry Me A River Blues
03-Cleanhead's Blues
04-I Got a Gal
05-Since I Met You Baby
06-Baby, You Don't Know
07- Preacher's Blues
08-Good Rockin' Tonight
09-The Time Machine
10-Margie's Boogie
11-Little Esther's Blues (Medley)
12-Kidney Stew
13-The Things I Used To Do
14-R.M. Blues
15-Shuggie's Boogie
16-You Look Better Out
17-Goin' Back To L. A.
18-Plastic Man
19-Boogie Woogie Bye Bye
TPBC-CD17 Johnny Otis @FLAC
Vol.04 - The Original Otis Show
(2LP)
TRACKS
A1-Harlem Nocturne (Johnny Otis & His Orchestra)
A2-My Baby's Business (Jimmy Rushing)
A3-Round The Clock (Jimmy Rushing)
A4-Preston Love's Mansion (Johnny Otis &
Orchestra)
A5-Boogie Guitar (Johnny Otis & His Orchestra)
A6-Little Red Hen (Redd Lyte)
A7-Hangover Blues (Johnny Otis & His Orchestra)
A8-New Orleans Shuffle (Johnny Otis & Orchestra)
B1-If It's So Baby (The Robins)
B2-Rain In My Eyes (The Robins)
B3-I Found Out My Troubles (The Robins)
B4-I'm Livin' OK (The Robins)
B5-Ain't No Use Beggin' (The Robins)
B6-You're Fine But Not My Kind (The Robins)
B7-Turkey Hop (Part 1) (The Robins)
B8-Turkey Hop (Part 2) (The Robins)
C1-Blues Nocturne (Johnny Otis & His Orchestra)
C2-Cry Baby (Mel Walker)
C3-Mistrustin' Blues (Little Esther & Mel Walker)
C4-Dreamin' Blues (Mel Walker)
C5-Cool & Easy (Redd Lyte)
C6-Wedding Boogie (M.Walker, L.Esther &
P.L.Graves)
C7-Sunset To Dawn (Mel Walker)
C8-Honky Tonk Boogie (Johnny Otis & His Orchestra)
D1-All Nite Long (Johnny Otis)
D2-Deceivin' Blues (Little Esther & Mel Walker)
D3-Three Magic Words (Mel Walker)
D4-Because I Love My Baby So (The Group)
D5-Beer Bottle Boogie (Marilyn Scott)
D6-Uneasy Blues (Marilyn Scott)
D7-Love Will Break Your Heart For You
....(L.Esther & M.Walker)
D8-Rockin' Blues (Mel Walker)
TROR&R-Vol.04-The Original Otis Show (2LP) @320
COLLABORATION
Stone Down Blues
(with Johnny & Shuggie OTIS)
TRACKS
01-Shake 'Em Up
02-Bumble Bee Bues
03-Make Love All Night
04-My Little Angel Child
05-5th Street Alley Boogie
06-Old Folks Blues
07-This War Ain't Right
08-You Make Me Feel So Good
09-Big Fine Thing
10-Play On Little Girl
11-My Marie
12-Rock The Nation
GSGR-1970-Stone Down Blues @FLAC
JOHNNY OTIS PRESENTS:
Little Esther, Robins, Nic Nacs
(1949-53)
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Good Ole Blues (Johnny Otis & His Orchestra)
A2-Mean Ole Gal (Little Esther)
A3-I'm Telling You Baby (The Nic Nacs)
A4-Gonna Have A Merry Christmas (The Nic Nacs)
A5-You Didn't Want My Love (The Nic Nacs)
A6-I Found Me A Sugar Daddy (The Nic Nacs)
A7-I Gotta Guy (Little Esther)
B1-That's What The Good Book Says (B.Nunn & Robins)
B2-Rockin' (Bobby Nunn & The Robins)
B3-Thursday Night Blues (Johnny Otis & Orchestra)
B4-Double Crossin' Baby (The Robins)
B5-I Made A Vow (The Robins)
B6-All I Do Is Rock (The Robins)
B7-Key To My Heart (The Robins)
JOTI-1983-Little Esther, The Robins, The Nic Nacs (1949-53)(LP)
@320
Barbara Morrison
Ooh Shoobie Doo
TRACKS
01-You're My Meat
02-Lonesome And Blue
03-The Day The Blues Walked In
04-Lover Man
05-Ooh-Shooby-Doo
06-Blue Mood
07-Medley:
....That's All Right
....Someone Else Is Steppin' In
08-Every Beat Of My Heart
09-Willie & The Hand Jive
10-Misery
11-Bye Bye Baby, Bye Bye
12-You're My Dream Come True
13-Bring My Baby Back To Me
JOTI-2000-Barbara Morrison-Ooh Shoobie Doo @320
The Robins
TRACKS 01-If It's So, Baby 02-Our Romance Is Gone 03-If I Didn't Love You So 04-There's Rain In My Eyes 05-Double Crossing Blues 06-The Turkey Hop, Part 1 07-The Turkey Hop, Part 2 08-I Found Out My Troubles 09-I'm Through 10-I'm Living O.K. 11-There Ain't No Use Beggin' 12-You're Fine But Not My Kind
JOTI-2004-The Robins @FLAC
Got My Mojo Workin'
TRACKS
01-Got My Mojo Workin'
02-You'll Never Find A Fool Like Me
03-Swingin' At Sammy's
04-Your Last Charleston
05-Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
06-One, Two, Buckle Your Shoe
07-Granny's Black Cat Bone
08-Two-Timin' Turkeys
09-Wouldn't It Be Grand
10-I Want A Lavender Cadillac
11-Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't My Baby
12-A-Tisket, A-Tasket
13-Castin' My Spell
14-You're My Dream Come True
HEMA-JOTI-1999-Got My Mojo Workin' @320
Jasmine Presents:
The Johnny Otis Show
TRACKS
01-That's Your Last Boogie (J.Swift & J.Otis Orch.)
02-Double Crossing Blues (J.Otis 5 & Robins, L.Esther)
03-Mistrustin' Blues (L.Esther, M.Walker, J.Otis Orch.)
04-Misery (Little Esther Johnny Otis Orchestra)
05-Cry Baby (J.Otis Orch., M.Walker & Bluenotes)
06-Cupid's Boogie (L.Esther, M.Walker, J.Otis Orch.)
07-Deceivin' Blues (L.Esther, M.Walker, J.Otis Orch.)
08-Dreamin' Blues (Mel Walker Johnny Otis Orchestra)
09-Wedding Boogie (Johnny Otis' Congregation)
10-Far Away Blues (L.Esther, M.Walker, J.Otis Orch.)
11-Rockin' Blues (Johnny Otis Orchestra Mel Walker)
12-Gee Baby (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
13-Mambo Boogie (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
14-All Nite Long (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
15-Sunset to Dawn (Mel Walker Johnny Otis Orchestra)
16-Call Operator 210 (J.Otis & Orch., M.Walker)
17-Rock Me Baby (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
18-Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! (Johnny Otis Orchestra)
19-Ma (He's Makin' Eyes at Me)
....(J.Otis, Marie Adams & Three Tons Of Joy)
20-Bye Bye Baby (The Johnny Otis Show)
21-Willie and the Hand Jive (The Johnny Otis Show)
22-Willie Did the Cha Cha (The Johnny Otis Show)
23-Crazy Country Hop (The Johnny Otis Show)
24-Telephone Baby (The Johnny Otis Show)
25-Castin' My Spell (The Johnny Otis Show)
26-Mumblin' Mosie (The Johnny Otis Show)
27-Hand Jive One More Time (Johnny Otis)
28-Queen of the Twist (Johnny Otis)
VA-Jasmine Presents the Johnny Otis Show @FLAC
8 comments:
Some other people that J Otis helped their career were his son Shuggie Otis and my all time favorite Don Sugarcane Harris. There are others too but these two have always been my favorites. Thank you for posting Johnny Otis.
I'm very glad you did add Johnny Otis to your list of artists.. but there's still others on the list I posted last week --
Bo Diddley
Johnny Otis
Chuck Berry
Carl Perkins
Freddy Robinson
Albert Washington
-- that certainly deserve inclusion..
Of special note would be Bo Diddley and Duster Bennett. If (somehow!) you or your readers haven't heard of Duster, just know that he was a fixture of the late 60s british blues scene, and wrote several songs that the original fleetwood mac covered - most notably "Jumpin' At Shadows". Although he generally preferred the "one man band" format just like Joe Hill Louis, he often recorded with a full band, usually with Peter Green on either guitar or bass.
And Chris, after I've sorted out some archives I'm sure I could start out your category for you
Regards Doccus
Hi Doccus,
I did share them on a second blog dedicated to Jazz/Pop/Rock (JAPORO) but, due a lack of users, my cloud erased one by one the whole set for inactivity so I closed this blog !!
B.T.W. I don't like that much Bo Diddley cause, like reggae : you hear one your hear all !! Same with Chuck Berry : I saw him live several years ago : a real shame !! I love Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, Vince Taylor, etc ... instead but this blog is dedicated to Blues so I cross the line sometimes with artists I like a lot like Aretha Franklin in Soul or Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday in Jazz ! ie: Betty Carter, Brian Setzer & friends coming soon ...
That's all Folks
Cheers
Chris-France
Well, I mentioned Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry because both have a few albums specifically oriented to the blues ("Bo's Blues" and Berry's "On The Blues Side" specifically come to mind) The others aren't jazz so much as "proto blues" which is why they're includewd in the Chronological Blues & Rhythm series..
However, your comments can\t possibly apply to Duster Bennett.. a through and through blues artist and one of the diehards of the UK blues scene.. Only his untimely death in 1976 prevented him getting more exposure..
Thanks for the wondeful Johnny Otis share Great work
Regards
Hi Chris, thanks for the Johnny Otis Show shares on your great blog, I had some of them on record or tape last century and am looking forward to seeing if they are as good as I remember.
cheers
Dennis
Just discovered yousayblues - I say thank you so much - this is wonderful ! I checked out Johnny Otis and the Mega-Link under "THE PERFECT BLUES COLLECTION
CD17 - Live At Monterey"
turned out to be Hubert Sumlin...I have the vinyl so no problem for me.
Hi dormhouse,
Thanks to notice this wrong link.
Corrected!
Happy New Year
Chris-France
Post a Comment