Little Toby WALKER

⬇️LITTLE TOBY WALKER⬇️
(8CD)
 BIOGRAPHY 
Toby’s passion for blues, rags, folk, and other traditional American music drove him to leave an apartment crammed full of recordings, books and instruments for the Mississippi Delta, Virginia and the Carolinas where he tracked down some of the more obscure - but immensely talented - music makers of an earlier era.


He learned directly from Eugene Powell, James "Son" Thomas, Etta Baker, and R.L Burnside, among others.


The talent, passion, and soul of a Toby Walker performance reflects these travels. Whether it is telling the humorous and heartwarming tales of other masters, talking about his inspirations, or astounding you with his mastery, his performances are a feast for the senses.


The audience is moved in ways that delight them long after the encores. You can catch a taste of these stories on his Web site in "The Masters" section. But make no mistake about it - he is to be experienced live. Those fortunate enough to attend one of his shows will vouch for that.

The love Toby has for his craft pushes him to share his history and experience where he has performed his Blues In The Schools program, allowing others to share the sounds, sights, and emotions of his unique abilities.

His teaching credits include, among others, Jorma Kaukonen's Fur Peace Ranch in Ohio and a DVD release with the prestigious Homespun Tapes label called 'Blues Fingerpicking Freedom.' In 2006, Carnegie Hall acknowledged his rare talents and  hired him to augment and teach in their "American Roots" program aimed at honor level middle school students.

This one-of-a-kind series demonstrates the history of blues music and traditions, while teaching the history of African Americans as they migrated from the south into the north.

Back In The Groove
LWT-1988-Back In The Groove @320
TRACKS
01-Mortgage on My Soul
02-The KC Rag
03-Hip Shakin' Mama
04-Oops
05-Wade's Barber Shop
06-Ride This Train
07-Dud Low Joe
08-Phonograph Blues
09-Lyin' Dog
10-Bad Weather Blues
11-It's Tough

Little Toby Walker
LTW-2001-Little Toby Walker @320
TRACKS
01-Take A Little Walk With Me
02-Texas Tornado
03-Who's Gonna Be Your Sweet Man Tonight
05-Savannah Mama
06-Kismet Rag
07-Full Figured Woman
08-Stack O' Lee
09-Irish Fiddle Medley
10-When She Wants Good Lovin'
11-Monkey In The Pool Room
12-Boogie Woogie Dance
13-Born Blind
14-The Lead's All Gone
15-Sitting On Top Of The World
16-I've Been Weeping
17-Catfish Blues

Cool Hand
LTW-2002-Cool Hand @320
TRACKS
01-It's Tough
02-Sleeping Alone
03-Swing Bean
04-By Your Side
05-Give Me That On-Line Religion
06-Ride With You Tonight
07-Mojo Mama
08-Baseball Blues
09-Pretty Polly
10-Going Down The Road Feeling Bad
11-I Like To Boogie
12-Blind Man's Bluff
13-I Can't Remember
14-Ride This Train
15-Bonus Track - Baker's Dozen

Live At The Bottleneck
LTW-2004-Live At The Bottleneck @320
TRACKS
01-I Know You, Rider
02-Main Street Rag
03-Matchbox Blues
04-Good Liquor
05-Baby, Who You Waiting For
06-Things I Used to Do All Night
07-Devil Beatin' on His Wife
08-True Religion
09-Schoolboy Blues
10-Weak Willed
11-Son of a Mule Skinner Man
12-Hacksaw Rag-Cincinnati Flow Rag
13-Glory, Glory
14-Corrina
15-Who's Gonna Be Your Sweetheart, Tonight

Toby Plays Well With Others
LTW-2006-Toby Walker Plays Well With Others @320
TRACKS
01-She's Got Something There
02-Nine Hundred Miles From My Home
03-Beefsteak When I'm Hungry
04-Been On The Job Too Long
05-You Got Something On The Side (Intro)
06-You Got Something On The Side
07-Windshield Jam
08-Looking At The World Through A Windshield
09-Death Don't Have No Mercy
10-100 Real Good Reasons To Sing The Blues
11-Turner's Retreat
12-It Should've Been Me
13-Southern Cross The Dog
14-I Am A Pilgrim
15-I Hope I Get To Heaven
16-Somewhere Over The Rainbow
17-Jungle Woman (Bonus Track)

Just Rolled In
LTW-2007-Just Rolled In @320
TRACKS
01-Pony Blues
02-Intro To I'm Gonna Try Some Of That
03-I'm Gonna Try Some Of That
04-Intro To Cat Man Blues
05-Cat Man Blues
06-Intro To Sundance Rag
07-Sundance Rag
08-That's My Version Of A Good Idea
09-Intro To Blame It On The Bass Player
10-Blame It On The Bass Player
11-Beefsteak When I'm Hungry
12-St. James Infirmary
13-Chasin' These Blues Away
14-Frankie And Johnny
15-Intro To Bernie's Blues
16-Bernie's Blues
17-I Got The Dirt On You
18-Ain't Misbehavin'
19-Nobody's Fault But Mine

Hand Picked
LTW-2008-Hand Picked @320

Shake Shake Mama
LTW-2011-Shake Shake Mama @320
(Thanks to Günther)

No comments: