(Chester Arthur Burnett)
DISCOGRAPHY 1952-2023 (114CD/DVD)
BIOGRAPHY
Chester Arthur Burnett (June 10, 1910 – January 10, 1976), known as
Howlin' Wolf, was an influential American blues singer, guitarist and
harmonica player.
With a booming voice and looming physical presence, he is one of the
best-known Chicago blues artists.
Musician and critic Cub Koda noted, "no one could match Howlin' Wolf for
the singular ability to rock the house down to the foundation while
simultaneously scaring its patrons out of its wits"; producer Sam Phillips
added "When I heard Howlin' Wolf, I said, 'This is for me. This is where
the soul of man never dies'".
Several of his songs, such as "Smokestack Lightnin'", "Back Door Man",
"Killing Floor" and "Spoonful" have become blues and blues-rock standards.
In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked him number 51 on their list of the
"100 Greatest Artists of All Time".... (Wikipedia)
NEW!
2007-Outtakes, Demos & Alternates (1948-68) (3CD) @FLAC
2023-Howlin' Blues Selected A & B Sides (1951-62) @FLAC
(Memphis Recordings)
TRACKS
01-Cadillac Dady (Mr. Highway Man)
02-Bluebird Blues
03-My Last Affair (Take 1)
04-Oh Red! (Take 2)
05-Come Back Home
06-Dorothy Mae
07-Decoration Day Blues
08-Color And Kind
09-Drinkin' C.V. Wine
10-I Got A Woman (Sweet Woman)
11-Everybody's In The Mood
12-My Baby Walked Off
HWWF-1952-Cadillac Daddy (Memphis Recordings) @FLAC
The Legendary Sun Performers
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-My Baby Walked Off
A2-Smile At Me
A3-Bluebird
A4-Everybody's In The Mood
A5-Chocolate Drop
A6-Come Back Home
A7-Dorothy Mae
A8-Highway Man
B1-Oh Red
B2-My Last Affair
B3-Howlin' For My Baby
B4-Sweet Woman
B5-C. V. Wine
B6-Look-A-Here Baby
B7-Decoration Day
B8-Well That's All Right
HWWF-1952-The Legendary Sun Performers (LP) @320
Memphis Days
The Definitive Edition (1951-52)
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-Oh Red (take 1)
102-My Last Affair (take 1)
103-Come Back Home (take 1)
104-California Boogie
105-California Blues
106-Look-A-Here Baby
107-Smile At Me
108-My Baby Walked Off
109-Drinkin' CV Wine (CV Wine Blues)
110-My Troubles and Me
111-Chocolate Drop
112-Mr.Highway Man (Cadillac Daddy)
113-Bluebird Blues
114-Color and Kind
115-(Everybody's) In the Mood
116-Dorothy Mae (number 2)
117-I Got a WomanSweet Woman
118-Decoration Day Blues
119-(Well) That's All Right
120-How Many More Years
121-Baby Ride With Me
>
201-Baby Ride With Me
202-How Many More Years
203-Moanin' At Midnight
204-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
205-The Wolf Is At Your Door
206-Mr Highway Man
207-Getting Old And Grey
208-Worried All The Time
209-Saddle My Pony
210-Oh, Red!
211-My Last Affair
212-Come Back Home (Take 2)
213-Dorothy Mae
214-Oh Red (Take 2)
215-Come Back Home (Take 3)
216-How Many More Years (2)
217-How Many More Years (3)
218-Baby Ride With Me (2)
219-Baby Ride With Me (3)
HWWF-1952-Memphis Days Definitive Edition (1951-52) @FLAC.CD1-2
Moanin' the Blues
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-Wolf Is at Your Door
102-How Many More Years
103-Morning at Midnight
104-Crying at Daybreak
105-Riding in the Moonlight
106-I Want Your Picture
107-My Baby Stole Off
108-Saddle My Pony
109-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
110-Getting Old and Gray
111-Mr. Highway Man
201-Oh! Red
202-My Last Affair
203-No Place to Go
204-Worried All the Time
205-Evil Is Going On
206-All Night Boogie
207-I Love My Baby
208-Rockin' Daddy
209-Forty-Four
210-I'll Be Around
211-Baby How Long
HWWF-1954-Moanin' the Blues @ALAC.CD1-2
Moanin' In The Moonlight
(Chess LP 1434)
TRACKS
A1-Moanin' At Midnight
A2-How Many More Years
A3-Smokestack Lightnin'
A4-Baby, How Long
A5-No Place To Go
A6-All Night Boogie
B1-Evil
B2-I'm Leavin' You
B3-Moanin' For My Baby
B4-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
B5-Forty-Four
B6-Somebody In My Home
HWWF-1959-Moanin' In The Moonlight (LP) @FLAC24-96
PERSONNEL
Howlin' Wolf (Chester Burnett) vocals and harmonica on all tracks
Willie Dixon - bass
Ike Turner, Hosea Lee Kennard, Otis Spann - piano
Hubert Sumlin, Jody Williams, Willie Johnson, Lee Cooper,
Otis "Smokey" Smothers - guitars
Willie Steel, Earl Phillips, Fred Below, S.P. Leary - drums
recordings made between 1951 - 1959
all tracks recorded in Chicago, except A1, A2 recorded in Memphis
Smokestack Lightning
The Complete Chess Masters (1951-60)
(4CD)
TRACKS
101-Moanin' At Midnight
102-How Many More Years (alternate)
103-How Many More Years
104-The Wolf Is At Your Door (Howlin' For My Baby)
105-California Boogie
106-Smile At Me
107-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
108-California Blues #1
109-Look-A-Here
110-Worried All The Time
111-Gettin' Old And Grey
112-Mr. Highway Man
113-Everybody's In The Mood
114-Color And Kind
115-Bluebird (Blues)
116-Saddle My Pony
117-Dorothy Mae (alternate take)
118-Dorothy Mae
119-Sweet Woman (aka I Got A Woman)
120-Well That's All Right
121-Decoration Day (Blues)
122-Oh Red
123-My Last Affair
124-I've Got A Woman
125-Just My Kind
126-Work For Your Money
201-I'm Not Joking
202-Mama Died And Left Me
203-All Night Boogie (All Night Long)
204-I Love My Baby
205-Highway My Friend
206-Hold Your Money
207-Streamline Woman
208-California Blues #2
209-Stay Here 'til My Baby Comes Back
210-Crazy About You Baby
211-No Place To Go (You Gonna Wreck My Life)
212-You Gonna Wreck My Life (No Place To Go)
213-Neighbors
214-I'm The Wolf
215-Rockin' Daddy
216-Baby How Long
217-Evil (Is Goin' On)
218-I'll Be Around
219-Forty Four
220-Who Will Be Next
221-I Have A Little Girl
222-Come To Me Baby
223-Don't Mess With My Baby
224-Smokestack Lightning
225-You Can't Be Beat
226-I Asked For Water (She Game Me Gasoline)
227-So Glad
301-Break Of Day
302-The Natchez Burnin'
303-Going Back Home
304-Bluebird
305-My Life
306-You Ought To Know
307-Who's Been Talking
308-Tell Me
309-Somebody In My Home (alternate take)
310-Somebody In My Home
311-Nature (takes 1,4 & 6)
312-Nature (alternate take)
313-Nature
314-Walk To Camp Hall
315-Poor Boy (alternate take)
316-Poor Boy
317-My Baby Told Me
318-Sitting On Top Of The World
319-I Didn't Know (alternate)
320-I Better Go Now (alternate)
321-Howlin' Blues
322-I Better Go Now (multi.takes)
323-I Didn't Know
324-Moaning For My Baby
325-Moaning For My Baby(tk.3&4)
401-I'm Leaving You (alternate take)
402-I'm Leaving You (takes 7-10)
403-I'm Leaving You
404-Can't Put Me Out (alternate 1)
405-Can't Put Me Out (alternate 2)
406-(You) Can't Put Me Out
407-Change My Way
408-Getting Late
409-I've Been Abused (takes 4-12)
410-I've Been Abused
411-Howlin' For My Baby (takes 1-7)
412-Howlin' For My Darling (Or Baby)
413-Wolf In The Mood (instrumental)
414-My People's Gone
415-Mr. Airplane Man (takes 1 & 2)
416-Mr. Airplane Man
417-Wang Dang Doodle
418-Back Door Man
419-Spoonful
HWWF-1960-Smokestack Lightning Chess Masters (1951-60) @FLAC
CD1-4
The Rocking Chair Album
(LP/CD)
TRACKS
A1-Shake For Me
A2-The Red Rooster
A3-You'll Be Mine
A4-Who's Been Talkin'
A5-Wang Dang Doodle
A6-Little Baby
B1-Spoonful
B2-Going Down Slow
B3-Down In The Bottom
B4-Back Door Man
B5-Howlin' For My Baby
B6-Tell Me
01-Shake For Me
02-The Red Rooster
03-You'll Be Mine
04-Who's Been Talkin'
05-Wang Dang Doodle
06-Little Baby
07-Spoonful
08-Going Down Slow
09-Down In The Bottom
10-Back Door Man
11-Howlin' For My Baby
12-Tell Me
13-Killing Floor
14-Louise
15-Poor Boy
16-Sittin' On Top Of The World
17-Nature
18-My Country Sugar Mama
19-Tail Dragger
20-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
21-Natchez Burnin'
22-Built For Comfort
23-Ooh Baby, Hold Me
24-Tell Me What I've Done
HWWF-1962-The Rocking Chair Album (LP) @320
HWWF-1986-The Rockin Chair Album (CD) @FLAC
In Concert
TRACKS
01-Shake It For Me
02-Love Me
03-Dust My Broom
04-I Didn't Mean To Hurt Your Feelings
05-Rockin' The Blues
06-All My Life
07-Goin' Down Slow
08-Howlin' For My Darlin'
09-Forty Four
HWWF-1964-In Concert @ALAC
Rockin' The Blues
Live In Bremen Germany
1964-03-16
TRACKS
01-Shake For Me
02-Love Me
03-Dust My Broom
04-I Didn't Mean to Hurt Your Feelings
05-Rockin' the Blues
06-All My Life
07-Goin' Down Slow
08-Howlin' For My Baby
09-44
HWWF-1964.03.16-Rockin' The Blues Live In Germany @FLAC
Soundboard
Smokestack Lightning
(LP)
TRACKS
01-Smoke Stack Lightning
02-Who Will Be Next
03-The Red Rooster
04-Back Door Man
05-Howlin' For My Darling
06-Evil
07-Down In The Bottom
08-Built For Comfort
09-Killing Floor
10-Who's Been Talkin'
HWWF-1964-Smokestack Lightning (LP) @128
Evil
(Chess)
TRACKS
01-Forty Four
02-Evil
03-Smokestack Lightning
04-Somebody In My Home
05-How Many More Years
06-I'm Leavin' You
07-All Night Long
08-Moanin' For My Baby
09-Baby How Long
10-No Place To Go
11-I Asked For Water
12-Moanin' At Midnight
HWWF-1966-Evil @320
Live In Cambridge
TRACKS
01-300 Pounds Of Joy
02-I Walked From Dallas
03-I Asked For Water
04-I Told My Baby
05-Tell Me What I've Done
06-Down In The Bottle
07-Dust My Broom
08-Goin' Down Slow
HWWF-1966-Live In Cambridge @ALAC
The Real Folk Blues
(LP/CD)
TRACKS
01-Killing Floor
02-Louise
03-Poor Boy
04-Sittin' On Top Of The World
05-Nature
06-My Country Sugar Mama
07-Tail Dragger
08-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
09-The Natchez Burnin'
10-Built For Comfort
11-Ooh Baby Hold Me
12-Tell Me What I've Done
01-Killing Floor
02-Louise
03-Poor Boy
04-Sittin' On Top Of The World
05-Nature
06-My Country Sugar Mama
07-Tail Dragger
08-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
09-Natchez Burning
10-Built For Comfort
11-Ooh Baby, Hold Me
12-Tell Me What I've Done
13-Smokestack Lightning
14-Hidden Charms
HWWF-1966-The Real Folk Blues (LP) @192
HWWF-1966-The Real Folk Blues (CD-Bonus) @FLAC
More Real Folk Blues
TRACKS
01-Just My Kind
02-I've Got A Woman
03-Work For Your Money
04-I'll Be Around
05-You Can't Be Beat
06-No Place To Go (You Gonna Wreck My Life)
07-I Love My Baby
08-Neighbors
09-I'm The Wolf
10-Rockin' Daddy
11-Who Will Be Next
12-I Have A Little Girl
HWWF-1967-More Real Folk Blues @192
The Howlin' Wolf Album
(Japan)
TRACKS
01-Spoonful
02-Tail Dragger
03-Smokestack Lightning
04-Moanin' At Midnight
05-Built For Comfort
06-The Red Rooster
07-Evil
08-Down In The Bottom
09-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
10-Back Door Man
HWWF-1968-The Howlin' Wolf Album (Japan) @FLAC
The Complete Recordings
(1951-69)
(5CD)
CD 1 & 2
CD1
101-Moaning At Midnight
102-How Many More Years
103-Wolf Is At Your Front Door
104-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
105-Getting Old And Gray
106-Mr. Highway Man
107-Saddle My Pony
108-Worried All The Time
109-Oh Red
110-My Last Affair
111-Baby Ride With Me (Ridin' In The Moonlight)
112-California Boogie
113-Look A Here Baby
114-Everybody's In The Mood (All In The Mood)
115-Color And Kind
116-Blue Bird
117-Sweet Woman
118-Well That's Alright
119-Decoration Day
120-Dorothy Mae [take 2]
121-Come Back Home [take 3]
CD2
201-Smile At Me
202-California Blues
203-My Baby Walked Off
204-My Troubles And Me
205-Chocolate Drop
206-Dorothy Mae (take 1)
207-Drinkin' C.V. Wine
208-How Many More Years (alt 1)
209-Baby Ride With Me (alt 1)
210-Baby Ride With Me (alt 2)
211-Baby Ride With Me (alt 3)
212-How Many More Years (alt 2)
213-How Many More Years (alt 3)
214-How Many More Years (alt 4)
215-Mr. Highway Man (alt)
216-My Last Affair (take 1)
217-Come Back Home (take 1)
218-Come Back Home (take 2)
219-Oh Red (take 1)
220-Oh Red (take 2)
HWWF-1969-The Complete Recordings (1951-69) @ALAC.CD1-2
CD 3 & 4
CD3
301-I've Got A Woman
302-Just My Kind
303-Work For Your Money
304-I'm Not Joking
305-Mama Died And Left Me
306-Highway Be My Friend
307-Hold To Your Woman
308-Streamline Woman
309-California Blues
310-Stay Here Till My Baby Comes
311-Crazy About You Baby
312-All Night Boogie
313-I Love My Baby
314-No Place To Go
315-Neighbors
316-I'm The Wolf
317-Rockin' Daddy
318-Baby How Long
319-Evil
320-I'll Be Around
321-Forty Four
CD4
401-Who Will Be Next
402-I Have A Little Girl
403-Come To Me Baby
404-Don't Mess With Me Baby
405-Somestack Lightnin'
406-You Can't Be Beat
407-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
408-So Glad
409-Break Of Day
410-Natchez Burnin'
411-Going Back Home
412-Bluebird
413-My Life
414-You Ought To Know
415-Who's Been Talking
416-Tell Me
417-Somebody In My Home
418-Nature
419-Walk To Camp Hall
420-Poor Boy
421-My Baby Told Me
422-Sittin' On Top Of The World
423-Howlin' Blues
424-I Better Go Now
HWWF-1969-The Complete Recordings (1951-69) @ALAC.CD3-4
CD 5 & 6
CD5
501-I Didn't Know
502-Moaning For My Baby
503-I'm Leaving You
504-Can't Put Me Out
505-Change My Way
506-Getting Late
507-I've Been Abused
508-Howlin' For My Darling
509-My People's Gone
510-Mr. Airplane Man
511-Wang Dang Doodle
512-Back Door Man
513-Spoonful
514-Little Baby
515-Down In The Bottom
516-Shake For Me
517-Red Rooster
518-You'll Be Mine
519-Just Like I Treat You
520-I Ain't Superstitious
521-Goin' Down Slow
522-Mama's Baby
523-Do The Do
524-Tail Dragger
525-Long Green Stuff
CD6
601-Sugar Mama
602-May I Have A Talk With You
603-Hidden Charms
604-300 Pounds Of Joy
605-Joy To My Soul
606-Built For Comfort
607-Love Me Darlin'
608-Killing Floor
609-My Country Sugar Mama
610-Louise
611-I Walked From Dallas
612-Tell Me What I've Done
613-Don't Laugh At Me
614-Ooh Baby, Hold Me
615-Poor Wind That Never Change
616-New Crawlin' King Snake
617-My Mind Is Ramblin'
618-Commit A Crime
619-Pop It To Me
620-I Had A Dream
621-Dust My Broom
622-Mary Sue
623-Hard Luck
624-Tired Of Crying
HWWF-1969-The Complete Recordings (1951-69) @ALAC.CD5-6
CD 7
CD7
701-You Gonna Wreck My Life
702-Somebody In My Home
703-Nature
704-Nature
705-I Didn't Know
706-I Better Go Now
707-Moaning For My Baby
708-I'm Leavin' You
709-I'm Leavin' You
710-You Can't Put Me Out
711-I've Been Abused
712-Howlin' For My Darling
713-Wolf In The Mood
714-Mr. Airplane Man
715-Rollin' And Tumblin'
716-I'm The Wolf
717-Ain't Goin' Down That Dirt Road
718-Conversation
HWWF-1969-The Complete Recordings (1951-69) @ALAC.CD7
Big Dukes,
Chicago
(3CD)
TRACKS
101-Take You Downtown
102-Highway 49
103-Decoration Day
104-Bluebird Blues
105-Little Baby
106-Set Closer
107-Oh Baby
108-Someday Baby
109-Highway 49
110-I Got the Blues
111-Set Closer
201-Highway 49
202-Love Me Darling
203-All I Want
204-What I Say
205-Decoration Day
206-Chicken Shack
207-How Many More Years
208-Sitting on Top of the World
209-Highway 49
210-I am the Wolf
211-Howling For My Darling
212-Set Closer
301-Bad Bad Whiskey
302-Hard Luck
303-You Don't Know
304-The Big House
305-Set Closer
306-Evil
307-Honeydripper (I'll See You Again)
308-Johnny LIttle John Intro
309-Dust My Broom
310-Sliding Home
HWWF-1970-Chicago @FLAC.CD1-3
Message To The Young
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-If I Were A Bird
A2-I Smell A Rat
A3-Miss James
A4-Message To The Young
B1-She's Looking Good
B2-Just As Long
B3-Romance Without Finance
B4-Turn Me On
HWWF-1971-Message To The Young @FLAC
Live At Alice's
TRACKS
01-When I laid Down I Was Troubled
02-I Didn't Know
03-Mean Mistreater
04-I Had A Dream
05-Call Me The Wolf
06-Don't Laugh At Me
07-Just Passing By
08-Sittin' On Top Of The World
09-The Big House
10-Mr Airplane Man
11-Crowd Noise
HWWF-1972-Live At Alices @256
Live & Cookin' at Alices
(Revisited)
TRACKS
01-When I Laid Down I Was Troubled
02-I Didn't Know
03-Mean Mistreater
04-I Had A Dream
05-Call Me The Wolf
06-Don't Laugh At Me
07-Just Passing By
HWWF-1972-Live and Cookin' at Alices Revisited @192
Evil
(Live At Joe's Place)
TRACKS
01-Ode To Billy Joe
02-Stormy Monday
03-Call My Job
04-Little Red Rooster
05-Goin' Down Slow
06-Evil
07-Blind Love
08-Break Song
09-Dust My Broom
10-What's The Use
11-Stoop Down Baby
12-Harmony Of Love
13-Workout
HWWF-1973-Evil (Live At Joe's Place) @FLAC
Killing Floor: Live
(1964&73)
TRACKS
101-Shake For Me
102-Love Me (aka Love Me Darlin')
103-Dust My Broom
104-I Didn't Mean To Hurt Your Feelings
105-Rockin' The Blues
106-All My Life
107-Going Down Slow
108-Howlin' For My Baby
109-Forty Four Blues
201-Instrumental
202-I Can't Stop Loving You (Instrumental)
203-Little By Little
204-Baby Workout
205-How Blue Can You Get
206-What'd I Say (Instrumental)
207-Little Red Rooster
208-Going Down Slow
209-Killing Floor
210-Shake For Me
211-Back At The Chicken ShackGood Nights
HWWF-1973-Killing Floor Live (1964&73) @320 CD1-2
Live At Ebbets Field
TRACKS
01-Talk To My Baby
02-I Can't Stop Loving You (Instrumental)
03-Your Love Is Creeping Away From Me
04-Baby Workout
05-How Blue Can You Get
06-What'd I Say
07-Little Red Rooster
08-Going Down Slow Killing Floor
09-Shake For Me
10-InstrumentalGoodnights
HWWF-1973-Live At Ebbets Field @ALAC
The Chess Box
(3CD)
CD 1-2
CD1 (1951-55)
101-Moanin' at Midnight
102-How Many More Years
103-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
104-The Wolf Is At Your Door
105-Mr. Highway Man
106-Howlin' Wolf Talks #1
107-Bluebird
108-Saddle My Pony
109-(Well) That's All Right
110-My Last Affair
111-Just My Kind
112-Work For Your Money
113-Mama Died and Left Me
114-All Night Boogie (All Night Long)
115-Streamline Woman
116-Crazy About You, Baby
117-You Gonna Wreck My Life (No Place To Go alt. take)
118-Neighbors
119-Howlin' Wolf Talks #2
120-I'm The Wolf
121-Rockin' Daddy
122-Baby, How Long
123-Evil (Is Going On)
124-I'll Be Around
125-Forty Four
126-Who Will Be Next
CD2 (1955-62)
201-Don't Mess with My Baby (1955)
202-Smokestack Lightnin' (1956)
203-You Can't Be Beat (1956)
204-Howlin' Wolf Talks #3 (1968)
205-I Asked for Water (1956)
206-The Natchez Burnin' (1956)
207-Who's Been Talking (1957)
208-Tell Me (1957)
209-Sittin' on Top of the World (1957)
210-I Didn't Know (1958)
211-Moaning for My Baby (1958)
212-Change My Way (1958)
213-I Better Go Now (1958)
214-Howlin' for My Darling (1959)
215-I've Been Abused (1959)
216-Mr. Airplane Man (alt. take) (1959)
217-Wang Dang Doodle (1960)
218-Back Door Man (1960)
219-Howlin' Wolf Talks #4 (1968)
220-Spoonful (1960)
221-Down in the Bottom (1961)
222-Shake for Me (1961)
223-The Red Rooster (1961)
224-You'll Be Mine (1961)
225-Just Like I Treat You (1961)
226-I Ain't Superstitious (1961)
227-Goin' Down Slow (1961)
228-Tail Dragger (1962)
HWWF-1973-The Chess Box @FLAC.CD1-2
CD 3
CD3 (1963-73)
301-Hidden Charms (1963)
302-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy (1963)
303-Built For Comfort (1963)
304-Love Me Darlin' (1964)
305-Killing Floor (1964)
306-My Country Sugar Mama (1964)
307-Louise (1964)
308-I Walked From Dallas (1965)
309-Tell Me What I've Done (1965)
310-Don't Laugh At Me (1965)
311-Ooh Baby, Hold Me (1965)
312-New Crawlin' King Snake (1966)
313-My Mind Is Ramblin' (1966)
314-Commit A Crime (1966)
315-Dust My Broom (1967)
316-I'm The Wolf (acoustic solo) (1968)
317-Ain't Goin' Down That Dirt Road (acoustic solo) (1968)
318-Mary Sue (1969)
319-Hard Luck (1969)
320-The Red Rooster (London Sessions wfalse start and dialog) (1970)
321-Moving (1973)
HWWF-1973-The Chess Box @FLAC.CD3
Aka Chester Burnett
TRACKS
01-My Life
02-Highway 49
04-My Last Affair
05-I Walked From Dallas
06-Poor Boy
07-My Baby Walked Off
08-Tell Me
09-Worried About You
10-Little Baby
11-Down In The Bottom
12-Built For Comfort
13-Dorothy Mae
15-Do The Do
16-Everybody In The Mood
HWWF-1974-Aka Chester Burnett @256
Howlin' Wolf At 1815 Club
TRACKS
01-Highway 61 Bound (Eddie Shaw)
02-Fannie Mae Jones (Eddie Shaw)
03-Built For Comfort (Eddie Shaw)
04-Little Red Rooster (Eddie Shaw)
05-Got To Go Now (Eddie Shaw)
06-Big House (Howlin' Wolf)
07-Take A Walk With Me (Howlin' Wolf)
08-Laid Down Last Night (Howlin' Wolf)
09-After A While (Howlin' Wolf)
10-Don't Deceive Me (Howlin' Wolf)
11-Call My Job (Detroit Junior)
12-Race Track (Detroit Junior)
13-You've Been Laid (Detroit Junior)
14-You Can't Change Me (Hubert Sumlin)
15-No Place To Go (Hubert Sumlin)
16-I've Been Gone (Hubert Sumlin)
HWWF-1975-Howlin Wolf At 1815 Club @FLAC
Heart Like Railroad Steel
Vol.1 Memphis & Chicago Blues
(1951-57)
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Highway My Friend
A2-Streamline Woman
A3-Californian Blues
A4-Hold Your Money
A5-Stay Here Till My Baby Comes Back
A6-Crazy About You Baby
A7-Saddle My Pony
B1-Bluebird
B2-You Ought To Know
B3-Nature (Alternate Take)
B4-Walk To Camp Hall
B5-My Baby Told Me
HWWF-1979-Heart Like Railroad Steel Vol.1 @320
Can't Put Me Out
Vol.2 Chicago
(1956-72)
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Can't Put Me Out
A2-Commit A Crime
A3-Somebody In My Home
A4-Going Back Home
A5-My Life
A6-Getting Late
B1-My People's Gone
B2-Long Green Stuff
B3-Joy To My Soul
B4-Dust My Broom
B5-Big House
HWWF-1979-Can_t Put Me Out Vol.2 @320
His Greatest Sides
Vol.1
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Down In The Bottom
A2-No Place To Go
A3-Sitting On Top Of The World
A4-Smokestack Lightnin'
A5-The Red Rooster
A6-Spoonful
A7-Evil
B1-Killing Floor
B2-Do The Do
B3-I Ain't Superstitious
B4-Who's Been Talkin'
B5-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
B6-Back Door Man
B7-Wang Dang Doodle
HWWF-1983-His Greatest Sides Vol.1 (LP) @FLAC
Personnel:
Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica – Howlin' Wolf
Piano - Henry Gray (B3), Hosea Lee Kennard (A3, A4),
Lafayette Leake (B5),
Johnny Jones* (A1, A5, B2), Otis Spann (A2, A6, A7, B6, B7)
Baritone Saxophone – Donald Hankins (B5)
Bass - Buddy Guy (B5), Willie Dixon (A1, A2, A5 to B4, B6,
B7)
Drums - Clifton James (B1), Earl Phillips (A2, A3, A4, A7,
B4), Fred Below (A6, B6, B7),
Junior Blackman (B2), Sam Lay (A1, A5, B3, B5)
Guitar - Hubert Sumlin (A1 to B3, B5 to B7), Jimmy Rogers
(A1, B3), Jody Williams (A3, A7),
Lee Cooper (A2), Otis "Smokey" Smothers (B4), Willie Johnson (B4)
Tenor Saxophone - Adolph "Billy" Docking (B4), J.T. Brown
(B2, B5)
Notes:
Recorded in Chicago, 1954-1965. - Remastered at Sterling
Sound.
These recordings previously appeared on Chess lp's 2ACMB-201,
CH-418.
Golden Classics
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Ain't Superstitious
A2-Goin' Down Slow
A3-Somebody Walkin' In My House
A4-Commit A Crime
A5-My Mind Is Ramblin'
A6-I Walked From Dallas
A7-Country Sugar Mama
A8-Louise
A9-Hold On To Your Money
A10-Streamline Woman
B1-Cause Of It All
B2-Killing Floor
B3-Red Rooster
B4-Built For Comfort
B5-Do The Do
B6-Highway 49
B7-Worried About You
B8-Poor Boy
B9-Wang Dang Doodle
HWWF-1984-Golden Classics @FLAC24-96
Off The Record
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Shake For Me
A2-The Red Rooster
A3-You'll Be Mine
A4-Who's Been Talkin'
A5-Wang-Dang-Doodle
A6-Little Baby
B1-Spoonful
B2-Going Down Slow
B3-Down In the Bottom
B4-Back Door Man
B5-Howlin' For My Baby
B6-Tell Me
HWWF-1984-Off The Record (LP) @320
The Howlin' Wolf Collection
TRACKS
01-Little Red Rooster
02-My Baby Walked Off
03-Killing Floor
04-My Country Sugar Mama
05-My Life
06-Going Back Home
07-Louise
08-Highway 49
09-Hold On To Your Money
10-Built For Comfort
11-Ain't Superstitious
12-My Last Affair
13-Dorothy Mae
14-Commit A Crime
15-Moanin' At Midnight
16-Wang Dang Doodle
17-Ridin' In The Moonlight
18-Everybody's In The Mood
19-The Wolf Is At Your Door
20-I Better Go Now
HWWF-1985-The Howlin' Wolf Collection (Deja Vu) @VBR
Howlin' Wolf
+ Moanin' In The Moonlight
TRACKS
01-Shake For Me
02-The Red Rooster
03-You'll Be Mine
04-Who's Been Talkin'
05-Wang Dang Doodle
06-Little Baby
07-Spoonful
08-Going Down Slow
09-Down In The Bottom
10-Back Door Man
11-Howlin' For My Baby
12-Tell Me
13-Moanin' At Midnight
14-How Many More Years
15-Smokestack Lightnin'
16-Baby How Long
17-No Place To Go
18-All Night Boogie
19-Evil
20-I'm Leavin' You
21-Moanin' For My Baby
22-I Asked For Water
23-Forty Four
24-Somebody In My Home
HWWF-1986-Howlin' Wolf & Moanin' In The Moonlight @ALAC
Howlin' For my Baby
TRACKS
01-My Baby Walked Off
02-Smile At Me
03-Bluebird Blues
04-Everybody's In The Mood
05-Chocolate Drop
06-Come Back Home
07-Dorothy Mae
08-Highway Man
09-Oh Red
10-My Last Affair
11-Howlin' For My Baby
12-Sweet Woman
13-C.V. Wine Blues
14-Look-A-Here Baby
15-Decoration Day Blues
16-Well That's Alright
17-California Blues
18-My Troubles And Me
19-California Boogie
HWWF-1987-Howlin' For My Baby @VBR
I Am The Wolf
TRACKS
01-Ain't Superstitious
02-Goin' Down Slow
03-Somebody Walkin' In My House
04-Commit To Crime
05-My Mind Is Ramlin'
06-I Walked From Dallas
07-My Country Sugar Moma
08-Louise
09-Hold On To Your Money
10-Streamline Woman
HWWF-1988-I Am The Wolf @128
Howlin' Wolf
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-I Didn't Know
A2-I Better Go Now
A3-My Mind Is Rambling
A4-Smokestack Lightnin'
A5-Down In The Bottom
A6-Spoonful
B1-Back Door Man
B2-Wang-Dang Doodl
B3-Ooh, Baby, Hold Me
B4-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
B5-Moving
B6-Do The Do
HWWF-1989-Howlin' Wolf @FLAC241-92
The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions
(13 Tracks)
TRACKS
01-Rockin' Daddy
02-I Ain't Superstitious
03-Sittin' On Top Of The World
04-Worried About My Baby
05-What A Woman
06-Poor Boy
07-Built For Comfort
08-Who's Been Talking¿
09-The Red Rooster
10-The Red Rooster
11-Do The Do
12-Highway 49
13-Wang Dang Doodle
HWWF-1989-The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions @ALAC
Smokestack Lightning
(CD)
TRACKS
01-Moanin' at Midnight
02-How Many More Years
03-All Night Boogie (All Night Long)
04-No Place to Go
05-Baby How Long
06-Evil (Is Going On)
07-Forty-Four
08-Smokestack Lightning
09-I Asked for Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
10-The Natchez Burning
11-Goin' Back Home
12-Bluebird
13-My Life
14-You Ought to Know
15-Who's Been Talking
16-Nature
17-Walk to Camp Hall
18-My Baby Told Me
19-Sittin' On Top Of The World
20-Howlin' For My Baby
21-Wang-Dong-Doodle
22-Back Door Man
23-Spoonful
24-Down In The Bottom
25-Shake For Me
26-The Red Rooster
27-You'll Be Mine
28-Goin' Down Slow
HWWF-1990-Smokestack Lightning (CD) @FLAC
Back Door Man
TRACKS
01-Shake For Me
02-The Red Rooster
03-You'll Be Mine
04-Who's Been Talkin'
05-Wang-Dang-Doodle
06-Little Baby
07-Spoonful
08-Goin' Down Slow
09-Down In The Bottom
10-Back Door Man
11-Howlin' For My Baby
12-Tell Me
13-Moanin' At Midnight
14-How Many More Years
15-Smokestack Lightning
16-Baby How Long
17-How Many More Years
18-Rockin' Daddy
19-Evil
20-I'm Leaving You (Commit A Crime)
HWWF-1991-Back Door Man @FLAC
Howlin' Wolf Rides Again
TRACKS
01-House Rockin' Boogie
02-Crying At Daybreak
03-Keep What You Got
04-Dog Me Around
05-Moaning At Midnight
06-Riding In The Moonlight
07-Chocolate Drop
08-My Baby Stole Off
09-I Want Your Picture
10-Passing By Blues
11-Worried About My Baby
12-Chocolate Drop (alternate take)
13-Driving This Highway
14-The Sun Is Rising
15-Riding In The Moonlight (aud.acetate)
16-My Friends
17-I'm The Wolf
18-Riding In The Moonlight (aud.acetate)
HWWF-1991-Howlin' Wolf Rides Again @320
(Thanks to Steve626)
Change My Way
(CD)
TRACKS
01-Mr. Airplane Man
02-Love Me Darlin'
03-Change My Way
04-I Walked From Dallas
05-I Better Go Now
06-New Crawlin' King Snake
07-Just Like I Treat You
08-I've Been Abused
09-Don't Laugh At Me
10-I Didn't Know
11-I Aint Superstitious
12-Howlin' Blues
13-My Mind Is Ramblin'
14-Do The Do
15-Hidden Charms
HWWF-1990-Change My Way (CD) @320
Killing Floor
TRACKS
01-Little Red Rooster
02-Killing Floor
03-Smokestack Lightning
04-Moanin' At Midnight
05-Dorothy May
06-Wang Dang Doodle
07-Back Door Man
08-Built For Comfort
09-How Many More Years
10-Goin' Down Slow
11-Natchez Burning
12-Who's Been Talkin'
13-I Asked For Water, She Gave Me Gasoline
14-Louise
15-Bluebird
16-300lbs Of Joy
HWWF-1992-Killing Floor @128
Tail Dragger
TRACKS
01-Tail Dragger
02-Somebody In My Home
03-I'm The Wolf
04-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
05-Killing Floor
06-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
07-Louise
08-Work For Your Money
09-Tell Me What I've Done
10-Built For Comfort
11-The Natchez Burning
12-Fourty Four
13-Ooh Baby, Hold Me
14-Blue Bird
15-I Have A Little Girl
16-Neighbors
17-Walk To Camp Hall
18-I Have A Little Girl
19-Nature
20-My Country Sugar Mama (aka Sugar Mama)
HWWF-1992-Tail Dragger @FLAC
Chicago Blue
TRACKS
01-Streamline Woman
02-Ain't Superstitious
03-Goin' Down Slow
04-My Mind Is Rambling
05-I Walked From Dallas
06-Louise
07-Somebody Walked In My House
08-Hold On To Your Money
09-My Country Sugar Mama
10-Commit A Crime
HWWF-1995-Chicago Blue @ALAC
The Back Door Wolf
TRACKS
01-Moving
02-Coon On The Moon
03-Speak Now Woman
04-Trying To Forget You
05-Stop Using Me
06-Leave Here Walking
07-The Back Door Wolf
08-You Turn Slick On Me
09-Watergate Blues
10-Can't Stay Here
11-Speak Now Woman (alternate)
HWWF-1995-The Back Door Wolf @ALAC
The Very Best of Howlin Wolf
TRACKS
01-Moanin at midnight
02-How many more years
03-All night boogie
04-Baby how long
05-Evil
06-Forty Four
07-Smokestack lightnin
08-Moanin for my baby
09-I m leaving you
10-Spoonful
11-I ain t superstitious
12-Going down slow
13-Killing floor
14-Poor boy
HWWF-1995-The very best of Howlin Wolf (256)
Live
TRACKS
01-I Ain't Superstitious
02-Goin' Down Slow
03-Little Red Rooster
04-Wang Dang Doodle
05-Commit A Crime
06-The Killing Floor
07-Do The Do
08-Poor Boy
09-Highway 49
10-Worried About You
11-I Walked From Dallas
12-My Mind Is Ramblin'
13-My Country Sugar Mama
14-Louise
15-Hold On To Your Money
16-Streamline Woman
17-Somebody In My home
18-Built For Comfort
19-Cause of It All
HWWF-1996-Live @ALAC
The Genuine Article
The Best of Howlin' Wolf
TRACKS
01-Moanin' At Midnight
02-How Many More Years
03-I'm The Wolf
04-Baby How Long
05-Evil (Is Going On)
06-Forty Four
07-Smokestack Lightnin'
08-I Asked For Water
09-The Natchez Burnin'
10-Who's Been Talkin'
11-Sittin' On Top Of The World
12-I've Been Abused
13-Howlin' For My Baby
14-Wang Dang Doodle
15-Back Door Man
16-Spoonful
17-Down In The Bottom
18-The Red Rooster
19-I Ain't Superstitious
20-Goin' Down Slow
21-300 Pounds Of Joy
22-Killing Floor
23-Dust My Broom
24-Ain't Goin' Down That Dirt Road
25-The Red Rooster
HWWF-1994-The Genuine Article @FLAC
HWWF-1997-Genuine Article The Best of Howlin' Wolf @ALAC
His Best
(Chess 50th Anniversary Collection)
TRACKS
01-Moanin' At Midnight
02-How Many More Years
03-Evil
04-Forty-Four
05-Smokestack Lightnin'
06-I Asked For Water
07-Who's Been Talkin'
08-Sitting On Top Of The World
09-Howlin' For My Darling
10-Wang Dang Doodle
11-Back Door Man
12-Spoonful
13-Shake For Me
14-The Red Rooster
15-I Ain't Superstitious
16-Goin' Down Slow
17-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
18-Hidden Charms
19-Built For Comfort
20-Killing Floor
HWWF-1997-His Best (Chess 50th Anniversary Collection) @ALAC
Rockin' the Blues
(Blue Dog)
TRACKS
01-Shake It for Me
02-Love Me
03-Goin' Down Slow
04-Forty-Four
05-Dust My Broom
06-I Didn't Mean to Hurt Your Feelings
07-Rockin' the Blues
08-All My Life
09-Howlin' for My Darlin'
HWWF-1997-Rockin' the Blues (Blue Dog) @ALAC
Ain't Gonna Be Your Dog
Chess Collectibles Vol.2
(2CD)
CD1
101-Look-A-Here Baby
102-California Blues #1
103-Worried All The Time
104-Everybody's In The Mood
105-Color And Kind
106-Dorthy Mae
107-Sweet Woman
108-Decoration Day
109-Oh Red
110-I'm Not Joking
111-Highway My Friend
112-Hold Your Money
113-California Blues #2
114-Stay Here Til My Baby Comes Ba
115-Come To Me Baby
116-So Glad
117-Bluebird
118-My Life
119-You Ought To Know
120-Nature
121-Walk To Camp Hall
122-Poor Boy (Alternate Take)
CD2
201-My Baby Told Me (Alternative Take)
202-Midnight Blues (Alternative To Moaning For My Baby)
203-You Can't Put Me Out
204-Getting Late
205-Wolf In The Mood
206-My People's Gone
207-Mama's Baby
208-Tail Dragger (Alternative Take)
209-Long Green Stuff
210-Joy To My Soul
211-Poor Wind That Never Change
212-Pop It To Me
213-I Had A Dream
214-The Big House
215-Tired Of Crying
216-Rollin' And Tumblin' (Acoustic Fragment)
217-More Howlin' Wolf Talks
218-I Ain't Gonna Be Your Dog No More (Acoustic)
219-Woke Up This Morning (Acoustic)
220-Aint''t Going Down That Dirt Road (2Nd Acoustic Version)
HWWF-2000-Ain´t Gonna Be Your Dog @VBR.CD1-2
His Best
(2CD)
Vol.1
101-Moanin' At Midnight
102-How Many More Years
103-Evil
104-Forty Four
105-Smokestack Lightnin'
106-I Asked For Water
107-Who's Been Talkin'
108-Sitting On Top Of The World
109-Howlin' For My Darling
110-Wang Dang Doodle
111-Back Door Man
112-Spoonful
113-Shake For M
114-The Red Rooster
115-I Ain't Superstitious
116-Goin' Down Slow
117-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
118-Hidden Charms
119-Built For Comfort
120-Killing Floor
Vol.2
201-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
202-Mr. Highway Man
203-All Night Boogie (All Night Long)
204-You Gonna Wreck My Life (No Place To Go Alt. Take)
205-I'm The Wolf
206-Rockin' Daddy
207-Who Will Be Next
208-The Natchez Burnin'
209-Tell Me
210-I've Been Abused
211-Down In The Bottom
212-You'll Be Mine
213-Just Like I Treat You
214-Tail Dragger
215-My Country Sugar Mama
216-Louise
217-Don't Laugh At Me
218-Commit A Crime
219-New Crawlin' King Snake
220-The Red Rooster (With False Start And Dialogue)
HWWF-1995-His Best @FLAC.Vol1-2
Evil
(2CD)
CD1
101-Smokestack Lightnin'
102-Moanin' At Midnight
103-How Many More Years
104-Baby How Long
105-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
106-Who Will Be Next
107-Crying At Daybreak
108-Forty Four
109-Riding In The Moonlight
110-Saddle My Pony (Gonna Find My Baby Out In The World)
111-Evil (Is Going On)
112-Oh Red!
113-The Wolf Is At Your Door (Howlin' For My Baby)
114-My Last Affair
115-I Love My Baby
116-All Night Boogie (All Night Long)
CD2
201-Goin' Back Home
202-My Life
203-Somebody In My Home
204-Sitting On Top Of The World
205-Poor Boy
206-I'm Leavin' You
207-So Glad
208-Getting Old And Grey
209-Worried All The Time
210-No Place To Go
211-I'll Be Around
212-I Want Your Picture
213-I Have A Little Girl
214-My Baby Stole Off
215-Passing By Blues
216-Mr. Highway Man
217-Don't Mess With My Baby
HWWF-2002-Evil @FLAC.CD1-2
Mississippi Boy
TRACKS
01-Baby Ride With Me
02-How Many More Years
03-California Boogie
04-Looka Here Baby
05-Smile At Me
06-My Baby Walked Off
07-My Troubles And Me
08-Mr. Highway Man
09-Chocolate Drop
10-Everybody's In The Mood
11-Color And Kind
12-Bluebird
13-My Last Affair
14-Dorothy Mae
15-Oh Red
16-California Blues
HWWF-2002-Mississippi Boy @ALAC
The Real Folk Blues
+ More Real Folk Blues
TRACKS
01-Killing Floor
02-Louise
03-Poor Boy
04-Sittin' On Top Of The World
05-Nature
06-My Country Sugar Mama
07-Tail Dragger
08-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
09-The Natchez Burnin'
10-Built For Comfort
11-Ooh Baby, Hold Me
12-Tell Me What I've Done
13-Just My Kind
14-I've Got A Woman
15-Work For Your Money
16-I'll Be Around
17-You Can't Be Beat
18-No Place To Go (You Gonna Wreck My Life)
19-I Love My Baby
20-Neighbors
21-I'm The Wolf
22-Rockin' Daddy
23-Who Will Be Next
24-I Have A Little Girl
HWWF-2002-The Real Folk Blues_More Real Folk Blues @FLAC
Come Back Home
TRACKS
01-Baby Ride with Me
02-How Many More Years
03-California Boogie
04-Look A Hear
05-Smile at Me
06-My Baby Walked Off
07-My Troubles and Me
08-Mr Highway Man
09-Everybody's in the Mood
10-Color and Kind
11-Bluebird
12-Dorothy Mae
13-Sweet Woman (I Got A Woman)
14-Well That's All Right
15-Decoration Day
16-Oh Red
17-Drinkin C.V. Wine
18-My Last Affair
19-Come Back Home
20-California Blues
HWWF-2004-Come Back Home @VBR
Sings The Blues
TRACKS
01-Riding In The Moonlight
02-Worried About My Baby
03-Crying At Daybreak Aka Crying At Daylight
04-Brown Skin Woman Aka Chocolate Drop
05-Twisting And Turning
06-House Rockin' Boogie
07-Keep What You Got
08-Dog Me Around
09-Moanin' At Midnight Aka Morning At Midnight
10-Backslide Boogie (Ft Joe Hill Louis)
11-Riding In The Moonlight Demo Acetate #1 (Bonus Track)
12-Driving This Highway (Bonus Track)
13-I'm The Wolf (Bonus Track)
14-My Friends Aka Stealing My Clothes (Bonus Track)
15-Sun Is Rising (Bonus Track)
16-Chocolate Drop (Alternate Version) (Bonus Track)
17-Passing By Blues (Bonus Track)
18-My Baby Stole Off (Bonus Track)
19-I Want Your Picture (Bonus Track)
20-Riding In The Moonlight Demo Acetate #2 (Bonus Track)
HWWF-2004-Sings the Blues @320
HWWF-2004-Sings the Blues @FLAC
Howlin' The Blues
(2CD)
CD1
101-Moanin' at Midnight
102-How Many More Years
103-Cryin' at Daybreak
104-Passing by Blues
105-I Want Your Picture
106-The Wolf is at Your Door
107-Getting Old and Gray
108-My Baby Walked Off
109-Drinking My C.V. Wine
110-Lmy Troubles and Me
111-Highway Man
112-Brown Skin Woman
113-The Sun is Rising
114-Color and Kind
115-Well That's All Right
116-Decoration Day
117-Come Back Home
118-I've Got A Woman
119-Just My Kind
120-I'm the Wolf
121-No Place to Go
122-Baby How Long
123-Evil (is Going on)
124-Forty Four
125-Smokestack Lightnin'
CD2
201-Shake for Me
202-Love Me Darlin'
203-(I Believe) I'll Dust My Broom
204-I Didn't Mean to Hurt Your Feelings
205-Rockin' the Blues
206-All My Life
207-Going Down Slow
208-Howlin' for My Baby
209-Forty Four (44)
210-Highway 49
211-Little Red Rooster
212-Wang Dang Doodle
213-Built for Comfort
214-Killing Floor
215-Poor Boy
216-Smile at Me
HWWF-2006-Howlin' the Blues @192.CD1-2
Outtakes, Demos & Alternates
(1948-68)
(3CD)
TRACKS
101-Bluebird #1
102-Dorothy Mae #1
103-Sweet Woman
104-Saddle My Pony
105-Worried All The Time
106-Mama Died And Left Me
107-I'm Not Joking
108-Highway My Friend
109-Hold Your Money
110-Streamline Woman
111-California Blues
112-Stay Here Till My Baby Comes Back
113-Crazy About You Baby
114-C.V.Wine Blues
115-Look A Here Baby
116-Decoration Day
117-Well That's All Right
118-My Baby Walked Off
119-Smile At Me
120-Bluebird #2
121-Everybody's In The Mood
201-Chocolate Drop
202-Come Back Home
203-24-Dorothy Mae #2
204-Highway Man #1
205-Oh Red
206-My Last Affair
207-Howlin'wolf Boogie
208-Howlin'for My Baby
209-Highway Man #2
210-Getting Old And Gray
211-Come To Me Baby
212-Don't Mess With Me Baby
213-So Glad
214-My Life
215-Going Back Home
216-I Didn't Know #1
217-Bluebird #3
218-You Ought To Know
219-Nature
220-Walk To Camp Hall
221-My Baby Told Me
301-Somebody In My Home
302-Midnight Blues #1
303-Midnight Blues #2
304-I Didn't Know #2
305-I Better Go Now - Take.3
306-I Better Go Now - Tk.Unkown
307-Can't Put Me Out
308-Getting Late
309-Howlin'blues
310-I've Been Abused
311-My People's Gone
312-Long Green Stuff
313-Joy To My Soul
314-Poor Wind That Never Change
315-Commit A Crime
316-Dust My Broom
317-Rollin' And Tumblin'
318-Tired Of Crying
319-I'm Leaving You
320-Big House
2007-Outtakes, Demos & Alternates(1948-68) (3CD)
@FLAC
The Memphis Sessions
TRACKS
01-All In The Mood (Everybody's In The Mood)
01-Drinkin' C V Wine
02-Bluebird
03-California Blues
04-California Boogie
05-Chocolate Drop
06-Color And Kind
07-Come Back Home
08-Decoration Day
09-Dorothy Mae
10-Dorothy Mae - Alt.
12-I Got A Woman
13-Look a Here
14-Mr. Highway Man
15-My Baby Walked Off
16-Smile At Me
17-Well That's Alright
18-Oh Red
HWWF-2007-The Memphis Sessions @FLAC24-96
The London Sessions
(15 Tracks)
TRACKS
01-Goin' Down Slow
02-Killing Floor
03-I Want To Have A Word With You
04-Worried About My Baby (rehearsal take)
05-The Red Rooster (alternate mix)
06-What A Woman (a.k.a. Commit A Crime) (alternate take)
07-Who's Been Talking (alternate take)
08-Worried About My Baby (alternate take)
09-I Ain't Superstitious (alternate take)
10-Highway 49 (alternate take)
11-Do The Do (extended alternate take)
12-Poor Boy (alternate lyrics mix)
13-I Ain't Superstitious (alternate mix)
14-What A Woman (a.k.a Commit A Crime) (alternate mix)
15-Rockin' Daddy (alternate mix)
HWWF-2010-The London Sessions @FLAC
Blues From Hell
(3CD)
CD1
101-Smokestack Lightnin'
102-Spoonful
103-The Wolf Is At Your Door
104-Evil (Is Going On)
105-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
106-Poor Boy
107-Moanin' For My Baby
108-I Have A Little Girl
109-I Better Go Now
110-My Baby Stole Off
111-No Place To Go
112-My Life
113-I Didn't Know
114-I've Been Abused
115-Baby How Long
CD2
201-Forty Four
202-Moanin' At Midnight
203-Mr Airplane Man
204-Nature
205-The Natchez Burnin'
206-My Last Affair
207-I Want Your Picture
208-Don't Mess With My Baby
209-I'll Be Around
210-Oh Red!
211-Tell Me
212-Come To Me Baby
213-Sitting On Top Of The World
214-You Can't Be Beat
215-Change My Way
CD3
301-How Many More Years
302-I Love My Baby
303-Who Will Be Next
304-I'm Leavin' You
305-My Highway Man
306-Who's Been Talking
307-Getting Old And Grey
308-Passing By Blues
309-Worried All The Time
310-Crying At Daybreak
311-Somebody In My Home
312-Riding In The Moonlight
313-So Glad
314-Saddle My Pony
315-All Night Boogie (All Night Long)
316-Goin' Back Home
HWWF-2011-Blues From Hell @FLAC.CD1-3
I'm The Wolf
TRACKS
01-Ain't Superstitious
02-Goin' Down Slow
03-Somebody Walkin' In My House
04-Commit A Crime
05-My Mind Is Ramblin'
06-I Walked From Dallas
07-My Country Sugar Mama
08-Louise
09-Hold On To Your Money
10-Streamline Woman
HWWF-2011-I_m The Wolf @FLAC
3 Classic Albums
Plus Bonus Singles
TRACKS
101-Moanin' At Midnight
102-How Many More Years
103-Smokestack Lightnin'
104-Baby, How Long
105-No Place To Go
106-All Night Boogie
107-Evil
108-I'm Leaving You
109-Meanin' For My Baby
110-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
111-Forty-Four
112-Somebody In My Home
113-Shake For Me
114-The Red Rooster
115-You'll Be Mine
116-Who's Been Talkin'
117-Wang Dang Doodle
118-Little Baby
119-Spoonful
120-Going Down Slow
121-Down In The Bottom
122-Back Door Man
123-Howlin' For My Baby
124-Tell Me
201-Riding In The Moonlight
202-Worried About My Baby
203-Crying At Daybreak (Crying At Daylight)
204-Brown Skin Women
205-Twisting And Turning
206-House Rockin' Boogie
207-Keep What You Got
208-Dog Me Around
209-Morning At Midnight
210-Back Slide Boogie
211-I've Been Abused
212-Mr. Airplane Man
213-You Gonna Wreck My Life
214-The Natchez Burning
215-Just Like I Treat You
216-I Ain't Superstitious
217-Mam's Baby
218-Do The Do
HWWF-2012-3 Classic Albums Plus Bonus Singles @FLAC
Moanin' In The Moonlight
(The Definitive Remastered Edition)
TRACKS
01-Moanin' At Midnight
02-How Many More Years
03-Smokestack Lightnin
04-Baby, How Long
05-No Place To Go (You Gonna Break My Life)
06-All Night Boogie
07-Evil (Is Goin On)
08-I'm Leavin You
09-Moanin' For My Baby
10-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me Gasoline)
11-Forty-Four
12-Somebody In My Home
13-Wang-Dang-Doodle
14-Spoonful
15-Howlin' For My Darling
16-Mr. Airplane Man
17-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
18-Mr. Highway Man
19-Oh Red
20-Rockin' Daddy
21- So Glad
22-Nature
23-Who Will Be Next
24-Going Back Home
25-I'll Be Around
26-Sittin On Top Of The World
27-Come To Me Baby
HWWF-2012-Moanin' In The Moonlight (CD) @ALAC
PERSONNEL
Howlin' Wolf - vocals, harmonica
Willie Johnson, Hubert Sumlin, Lee Cooper - guitar
Willie Dixon, Alfred Elkins - bass
Otis Spann, Henry Gray - piano
Earl Phillips, Fred Below, Willie Steele - drums
Charles Taylor - saxophone, among others
The Complete RPM
& Chess Singles As & Bs
(1951-62)
(3CD)
TRACKS
101-Moanin' At Midnight
102-How Many More Years
103-Riding In The Moonlight
104-Morning At Midnight
105-Passing By Blues
106-Crying At Daybreak
107-My Baby Stole Off
108-I Want Your Picture
109-Wolf Is At Your Door
110-Holwin' Wolf Boogie
111-Getting Old And Grey
112-Mr. Highway Man
113-Saddle My Pony
114-Worried All The Time
115-Oh, Red!
116-My Last Affair
117-All Night Boogie
118-I Love My Baby
119-No Place To Go
120-Rockin' Daddy
121-Baby How Long
122-Evil Is Going On
123-I'll Be Around
124-Forty-Four
125-Who Will Be The Next
126-I Have A Little Girl
201-Come To Me Baby
202-Don't Mess With My Baby
203-Smokestack Lightnin'
204-You Can't Be Beat
205-I Asked For Water
206-So Glad
207-Goin' Back Home
208-My Life
209-Somebody In My Home
210-Nature
211-Poor Boy
212-Sittin' On Top Of The World
213-I Didn't Know
214-Moaning For My Baby
215-I'm Leaving You
216-Change My Ways
217-Howlin' Blues
218-I Better Go Now
219-I'ver Been Abused
220-Mister Airplane Man
221-You Gonna Wreck My Life
222-The Natchez Burning
223-Who's Been Talking
224-Tell Me
225-Spoonful
226-Howlin' For My Baby
227-Wang Dang Doodle
301-Back Door Man
302-Little Baby
303-Down In The Bottom
304-Shake For Me
305-The Red Rooster
306-You'll Be Mine
307-Goin' Down Slow
308-Just Like I Treat You
309-I Ain't Superstitious
310-Mama's Baby
311-Do The Do
312-Keep What You Got
313-California Blues
314-California Boogie
315-My Troubles And Me
316-Worried About My Baby
317-Brown Skin Woman
318-House Rockin' Boogie
319-Driving This Highway
320-The Sun Is Rising
321-Stealing My Clothes
322-I'm The Wolf
323-Highway My Friend
324-Hold Your Money
325-Stay Here Till My Baby Comes Back
326-Crazy About You Baby
327-Streamline Woman
HWWF-2014-The Complete RPM & Chess Singles @320.CD1-3
Goin' Down Slow
Legends of Blues
TRACKS
01-Built For Comfort.flac
02-Wang Dang Doodle.flac
03-Highway 49.flac
04-Ain't Superstitious.flac
05-Going Down Slow.flac
06-I Walked From Dallas.flac
07-Hold On To Your Money.flac
08-Cause Of It All.flac
09-Killing Floor.flac
10-Little Red Rooster.flac
HWWF-2018-Goin Down Slow Legends Of Blues @FLAC
Big City Blues
(Remastered)
TRACKS
01-Riding In The Moonlight
02-Worried About My Baby
03-Crying At Daylight
04-Brown Skin Woman
05-Twisting And Turning
06-House Rockin' Boogie
07-Keep What You Got
08-Dog Me Around
09-Morning At Midnight
10-Backslide Boogie
11-My Baby Stole Off
12-I Want Your Picture
13-Passing By Blues
14-The Wolf Is At Your Door
15-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
16-Bluebird Blues
17-Oh, Red
18-My Last Affair
19-Come Back Home
20-Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy
21-Tail Dragger
22-Back Door Man
23-The Red Rooster
24-Smokestack Lightnin' [Chess]
25-Spoonful
HWWF-2021-Big City Blues (Remastered) @FLAC
Howlin' Blues
Selected A & B Sides (1951-62)
TRACKS
01-Moanin' At Midnight
02-How Many More Years
03-Wolf Is At Your Door
04-Evil Is Going On
05-Who Will Be Next
06-Smokestack Lightning
07-I Asked For Water
08-Sittin' On Top Of The World
09-Howlin' Blues
10-Spoonful
11-Wang Dang Doodle
12-Back Door Man
13-Down In The Bottom
14-The Red Rooster
15-Goin' Down Slow
16-I Ain't Superstitious
2023-Howlin' Blues Selected A & B Sides (1951-62) @FLAC
COLLECTION
Vol.16-Howlin' Wolf
Vol.16
01-Look-A-Here Baby
02-Smile at Me
03-California Boogie
04-My Baby Walked Off
05-Chocolate Drop
06-Mr. Highway Man
07-Color and Kind
08-Everybody's in the Mood
09-(Well) That's Alright
10-Baby Ride with Me
11-Decoration Day Blues
12-Moanin' at Midnight
13-The Wolf Is at Your Door
14-Getting Old and Grey
15-Oh, Red!
16-My Last Affair
17-Dorothy Mae
18-I Got a WomanSweet Woman
19-Bluebird Blues
20-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
ABC Vol.16-Howlin Wolf @FLAC
a.k.a
Vol.5 CD13
Vol5 CD13
01-Look-A-Here Baby
02-Smile at Me
03-California Boogie
04-My Baby Walked Off
05-Chocolate Drop
06-Mr. Highway Man
07-Color and Kind
08-Everybody's in the Mood
09-(Well) That's Alright
10-Baby Ride With Me
11-Decoration Day Blues
12-Moanin' at Midnight
13-The Wolf Is at Your Door
14-Getting Old and Grey
15-Oh, Red!
16-My Last Affair
17-Dorothy Mae
18-I Got a WomanSweet Woman
19-Bluebird Blues
20-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
BM_EMI-Vol5 CD13 Howlin' Wolf @FLAC
Spoonful
TRACKS
01-Spoonful
02-Smokestack Lightning
03-Back Door Man
04-Tell Me
05-Shake For Me
06-Evil
07-Who's Been Talking
08-I'm Leaving You
09-Tell Me What I've Done
10-Watergate Blues
11-Forty Four
12-I Asked For Water(She Gave Me Gasoline)
13-Louise
14-Tail Dragger
15-Down In The Bottom
16-Natchez Burnin
17-No Place To Go
18-Bluebird Blues
19-Cadillac Daddy
20-Decoration Day Blues
21-Come Back Home
22-I Got A Woman
BE-HWWF-1992-Spoonful @ALAC
The Power of the Voice
TRACKS
01-I Ain't Superstitious
02-Sittin' On Top Of The World
03-Built For Comfort
04-Little Red Rooster
05-Highway 49
06-Cause Of It All
07-Killing Floor
08-Brown Skin Woman
09-Sun Is Rising
10-I'm The Wolf
11-House Rockin' Boogie
12-Dog Me Around
13-Keep What You Got
14-My Baby Stole Off
15-Crying At Daybreak
16-Passing By Blues
17-Poor Boy
18-Commit A Crime
19-Wang Dang Doodle
20-Do The Do
21-Worried About My Baby
22-Rockin' Daddy
BE-HWWF-1994-The Power of the Voice @ALAC
Vol.05 The Wolf Is At Your Door
TRACKS
01-Moanin' At Midnight
02-How Many More Years
03-The Wolf Is At Your Door
04-California Blues
05-California Boogie
06-Look-A-Here Baby
07-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
08-Smile At Me
09-Getting Old And Gray
10-Mr. Highway Man
11-My Baby Walked Off
12-Champagne Velvet Blues (C.V. W
13-My Troubles And Me
14-Chocolate Drop
15-Highway Man
16-Everybody Is In The Mood
17-Bluebird
18-Saddle My Pony
CBM-Vol.05 Howlin' Wolf @FLAC
Vol.30 Who Will Be Next ?
TRACKS
01-Who Will Be Next
02-I Have A Little Girl
03-Come To Me Baby
04-Don't Mess With Me Baby
05-Smokestack Lightnin'
06-You Can't Be Beat
07-I Asked For Water (She Gave Me
08-So Glad
09-Break Of Day
10-The Natchez Burnin'
11-Goin' Back Home
12-Bluebird
13-My Life
14-You Ought To Know
15-Who's Been Talking
16-Tell Me
17-Somebody In My Home
18-Nature
CBM-Vol.30 Howlin' Wolf @FLAC
Vol.46 London Re-visited
TRACKS
01-Killing Floor
02-Goin' Down Slow
03-I Want To Have A Word With You
04-Who's Been Talkin'
05-Little Red Rooster
06-Built For Comfort
07-What A Woman
08-Do The Do
09-Highway 49
10-Worried About My Baby
11-Poor Boy
12-Wang Dang Doodle
CBM-Vol.46 Howlin' Wolf London Re-visited @FLAC
Vol.07 London Session
TRACKS
01-Rockin' Daddy
02-I Ain't Superstitious
03-Sittin' On Top Of The World
04-Worried About My Baby
05-What A Woman
06-Poor Boy
07-Built For Comfort
08-Who's Been Talking
09-Little Red Rooster (Rehearsal)
10-Little Red Rooster
11-Do The Do
12-Highway 49
13-Wang-Dang-Doodle
14-Howlin' For My Baby
15-Smokestack Lightnin'
16-Back Door Man
17-Killing Floor
TBC-Vol.07-Howlin Wolf (Howlin Wolf London Sessions) @FLAC
TRACKS
301-Moanin' At Midnight
302-How Many More Years
303-Riding In The Moonlight
304-Dog Me Around
305-Morning At Midnight
306-Keep What You Got
307-Riding In The Moonlight
308-House Rockin' Boogie
309-Crying At Daybreak
310-Passing By Blues
311-My Baby Stole Off
312-I Want Your Picture
313-The Wolf Is At Your Door (Howlin' For My Baby)
314-California Blues
315-California Boogie
316-Look-A-Here Baby
317-Howlin' Wolf Boogie
318-Smile At Me
319-Gettin' Old And Gray
320-Mr.Highway Man
321-My Baby Walked Off
322-C. V. Wine Blues
323-My Troubles And Me
324-Chocolate Drop
325-Highway Man
TUJA-Vol.16 CD03-Howlin' Wolf @320
Back To Back
TRACKS
01-Can't Lose What You Ain't Got (Muddy Waters)
02-You're Gonna Need My Help (Muddy Waters)
03-Mean Mistreater (Muddy Waters)
04-Sugar Sweet (Muddy Waters)
05-Mean Red Spider (Muddy Waters)
06-The Stuff You Gotta Watch (Muddy Waters)
07-Goin' Down Slow (Howlin' Wolf)
08-Built For Comfort (Howlin' Wolf)
09-Highway 49 (Howlin' Wolf)
10-Little Red Rooster (Howlin' Wolf)
11-Wang Dang Doodle (Howlin' Wolf)
12-Killing Floor (Howlin' Wolf)
MW-2000-Back to Back @FLAC
American Folk & Blues Festival
Wiesbaden, Germany
TRACKS
01-Announcement It's You Baby
02-Everytime I Get To Drinkin'
03-Bassology
04-One Room Country Shack
05-Come On Home, Baby
06-Goin' To California
07-Announcement Shake It For Me
08-May I Have A Talk With You
09-Dust My Broom
10-Announcement
11-God's Gift To Man
12-Big Legged Woman
13-Announcement Train I Ride
14-I'm Torn Up
15-Announcement See See Rider
16-Nervous
17-My Babe
18-Announcement Of Howlin' Wolf
19-300 Pounds Of Joy
20-I Didn't Mean To Hurt Your Feelings
21-I Asked For Water
22-C-Jam Blues
23-I Done You Wrong
24-Tin Pan Alley
25-Theme Song
26-Announcement For My Darling
27-How Many More Years
VA-LIVE Germany (1964) @320
Big City Blues & Howlin Wolf
In Warsaw
TRACKS
01-Intro (Willie Dixon)
02-Weak Brain And A Narrow Mind (W.Dixon)
03-God's Gift To Man (Willie Dixon)
04-Be My Baby (Sunnyland Slim)
05-Devil Is A Busy Man (Sunnyland Slim)
06-Everytime I Get To Drinking (S.Slim)
07-Dust My Broom (Howlin' Wolf)
08-Spoonful (Howlin' Wolf)
09-Goin Down Slow (Howlin' Wolf)
10-Howlin' For My Darling (Howlin' Wolf)
11-Smokestack Lightning (Howlin' Wolf)
12-Killing Floor (Howlin' Wolf)
13-Bye, Bye Baby (S.Slim & H.Wolf)
14-Dust My Broom (Howlin' Wolf)
VA-Big City Blues & Howlin Wolf In Warsaw @FLAC
(Thanks to Bluestender)
The Super Super Blues Band
(Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley)
TRACKS
01-Long Distance Call
02-Ooh BabyWrecking My Love Life
03-Sweet Little Angel
04-Spoonful
05-Diddley Daddy
06-The Red Rooster
07-Goin' Down Slow
VA-1967-The Super Super Blues Band @ALAC
Two Great Guitars
& The Super Super Blues Band
TRACKS
01-Liverpool Drive (Chuck Berry & Bo Didley)
02-Chuck's Beat (Chuck Berry & Bo Didley)
03-When The Saints Go Marching In (Chuck Berry & Bo Didley)
04-Bo's Beat (Chuck Berry & Bo Didley)
05-Long Distance Call (Wolf, Waters & Diddley)
06-Meddley Ooh Baby Wrecking My Love Life (Wolf, Waters &
Diddley)
07-Sweet Litttle Angel (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters & Bo Diddley)
08-Spoonful (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters & Bo Diddley)
09-Diddley Daddy (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters & Bo Diddley)
10-Little Red Rooster (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters & Bo Diddley)
11-Going Down Slow (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters & Bo Diddley)
VA-Two Great Guitars & The Super Super Blues Band @ALAC
Blues At Newport '66
(DVD)
TRACKS
SKIP JAMES
01-Devil Got My Woman
02-I'm So Glad
03-Woried Blues
BUKKA WHITE
04-Baby You're Killing Me
05-Old Lady Blues
SON HOUSE
06-ForeverOn My Mind
HOWLIN' WOLF
07-Talk On The Blues
08-Meet Me In the Bottom
09-How Many More Years
10-Dust My Broom
11-Reprise: Meet Me In The Bottom
VA-1966-Blues At Newport 66 (DVD) @AVI
5 comments:
Thanks for the mighyt wolf shares
The Best Blues artist from the 60' sin my humble opinion
Regards
Hi,
To my own opinion, the greatest bluesman from Chess .... and Sun ... and Chicago .. and from the States.
Keep On Bluesin On
great post ...many many thanks ...!!!
Hello!
What a huge collection! So many thanks for these real blues gems...
Greetings from Switzerland - Nenest
Merci beaucoup pour ces merveilles
Post a Comment