(Mathis James Reed )
DISCOGRAPHY 1959-2022 (58CD)
BIOGRAPHY
Mathis James Reed (September 6, 1925 – August 29, 1976) was an American
blues musician and songwriter. His particular style of electric blues
was popular with blues as well as non-blues audiences – Reed's songs
such as "Honest I Do" (1957), "Baby What You Want Me to Do" (1960), "Big
Boss Man" (1961), and "Bright Lights, Big City" (1961) appeared on both
Billboard magazine's rhythm and blues and Hot 100 singles charts.
Reed influenced other musicians, such as Elvis Presley, Hank Williams
Jr., and the Rolling Stones, who recorded his songs. Music critic Cub
Koda describes him as "perhaps the most influential bluesman of all" due
to his easily accessible style.
Reed was born in Dunleith, Mississippi, in 1925. He learned the
harmonica and guitar from his friend Eddie Taylor.[4] After several
years of busking and performing there, he moved to Chicago, Illinois,
in 1943. He was then drafted into the U.S. Navy and served in World
War II. He was discharged in 1945 and returned briefly to Mississippi,
marrying his girlfriend, Mary (henceforth known as Mama Reed).
He then moved to Gary, Indiana, to work at an Armour meat-packing
plant. Mama Reed was an uncredited background singer on many of his
recordings, notably the hits "Baby What You Want Me to Do", "Big Boss
Man" and "Bright Lights, Big City".
By the 1950s, Reed had established himself as a popular musician. He
joined the Gary Kings with John Brim and played on the street with
Willie Joe Duncan. Reed failed to gain a recording contract with Chess
Records, but signed with Vee-Jay Records through Brim's drummer,
Albert King. At Vee-Jay, Reed began playing again with Eddie Taylor
and soon released "You Don't Have to Go", his first hit record. It was
followed by a long string of hit songs.
"At his best—on Vee-Jay in the '50s—Reed sang with the languid
self-assurance of a man who never ran for the bus because he wanted to
spend the fare on a glass of wine, and the unindustrious shuffle
rhythms of the Vee-Jay band ambled right along behind."
Reed maintained his reputation despite his rampant alcoholism; his
wife sometimes had to help him remember the lyrics to his songs while
recording. In 1957, Reed developed epilepsy, though the condition was
not correctly diagnosed for a long time, as Reed and doctors assumed
it was delirium tremens. When Vee-Jay Records closed, his manager
signed a contract with the fledgling ABC-Bluesway label, but Reed
never produced another hit. In 1968, he toured Europe with the
American Folk Blues Festival.
Reed died of respiratory failure in 1976, in Oakland, California,
eight days short of his 51st birthday. He is interred in the Lincoln
Cemetery, in Worth, Illinois. Reed was posthumously inducted into the
Blues Hall of Fame in 1980 and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in
1991..... (Wikipedia)
NEW!
1985-I'm The Man Down There (LP) @320
2016-My Happy Heaven @FLAC
Found Love
TRACKS
01-Baby What You Want Me To Do
02-Found Love
03-Meet Me
04-I Was So Wrong
05-Going By The River (Part 2)
06-Big Boss Man
07-Hush Hush
08-Where Can You Be
09-I'm Nervous
10-Going By The River (Part 1)
11-I Ain't Got You
12-Come Love
JYRD-1959-Found Love @FLAC
Rockin' With Reed
(LP/CD)
TRACKS
A1-Going To New York
A2-A Sting To Your Heart
A3-Ends & Odds
A4-Caress Me Baby
A5-Take Out Aome Insurance
A6-The Moon Is Rising
B1-Down In Virginia
B2-I Know It's A Sin
B3-Wanna Be Loved
B4-Baby, What's On Your Mind
B5-My Bitter Seed
B6-Rockin' With Reed
01-Going To New York
02-A Sting To Your Heart
03-Ends & Odds
04-Caress Me Baby
05-Take Out Aome Insurance
06-The Moon Is Rising
07-Down In Virginia
08-I Know It's A Sin
09-Wanna Be Loved
10-Baby, What's On Your Mind
11-My Bitter Seed
12-Rockin' With Reed
JYRD-1959-Rockin With Reed (LP) @192
JYRD-2000-Rockin With Reed (CD) @FLAC
Jimmy Reed At Carnegie Hall
TRACKS
01-Bright Lights, Big City
02-I'm Mr. Luck
03-Baby What's Wrong
04-Found Joy
05-Kind Of Lonesome
06-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
07-Tell Me You Love Me
08-Blue Carnegie
09-I'm A Love You
10-Hold Me Close
11-Blue Blue Water
12-Baby What You Want Me To Do
13-You Don't Have To Go
14-Hush Hush
15-Found Love
16-Honest I Do
17-You Got Me Dizzy
18-Big Boss Man
19-Take Out Some Insurance
20-Boogie In The Dark
21-Going To New York
22-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
23-The Sun Is Shining
JYRD-1961-Jimmy Reed At Carnegie Hall @FLAC
Not really recorded Live at Carnegie Hall !
Just Jimmy Reed
TRACKS
01-I'll Change My Style
02-Lets Get Together
03-Good Lover
04-Take It Slow
05-Too Much
06-In The Morning
07-Oh John
08-Back Home at Noon
09-Kansas City Baby
10-You Can't Hide
JYRD-2000-Just Jimmy Reed @FLAC
Big Boss Man
TRACKS
01-Big Boss Man
02-You Got Me Dizzy
03-Take out Some Insurance
04-Found Love
05-You Don't Have to Go
06-Hush, Hush
07-Caress Me Baby
08-Close Together
09-Ain't That Loving You Baby
10-Baby What You Want Me to Do
11-Honest I Do
12-Going to New York
13-Bright Lights, Big City
14-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
15-Good Lover
16-Down in Virginia
17-The Sun is Shining
18-Shame, Shame, Shame
JYRD-1963-Big Boss Man@FLAC24
Reed At Soul City
TRACKS
01-I'm Going Upside Your Head
02-The Devil's Shoestring Part II
03-Help Yourself
04-Going Fishing
05-I Wanna Be Loved
06-Wear Something Green
07-Left Handed Woman
08-A New Leaf
09-Fifteen Years
10-Things Ain't What they Used To Be
11-When You're Doing Alright
12-You've Got Me Waiting
JYRD-1964-Reed At Soul City @FLAC
The Legend
The Man
TRACKS
01-High And Lonesome
02-You Don't Have To Go
03-Ain't That Lovin You Baby
04-You Got Me Dizzy
05-Honest I Do
06-Goin To New York
07-Baby What You Want Me To Do
08-Big Boss Man
09-Bright Lights, Big City
10-Aw Shucks Hush Your Mouth
11-Shame Shame Shame
12-I'm Goin' Upside Your Head
JYRD-1965-The Legend The Man @FLAC
Now Appering
TRACKS
01-Close Together
02-Got Me Chasing You
03-Wanta Be With You
04-Jimmy's Rock
05-Tell The World I Do
06-You Know You're Looking Good
07-I've Got The Blues
08-Laughing At The Blues
09-Down The Road
10-Ain't Gonna Cry No More
11-You're My Baby
JYRD-1966-Now Appering @FLAC
Down In Virginia
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Sugar, Sugar Woman.flac
A2-Don't Light My Fire.flac
A3-Slow Walking Mama.flac
A4-Jump And Shout.flac
A5-Down In Virginia.flac
B1-Check Yourself.flac
B2-I Shot An Arrow To The Sky.flac
B3-Ghetto Woman Blues.flac
B4-Big Boss Lady.flac
B5-I Need You So.flac
B6-The Judge Should Know.flac
>
JYRD-1968-Down In Virginia (LP) @FLAC
Let The Bossman Speak!
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Cold Chills
A2-Help Me at Dinnertime
A3-Don't Cry
A4-Jimmy's Hotpants
A5-Don't Keep on Lyin'
B1-Down in the Ghetto (Vocal)
B2-Down in the Ghetto (Instr.)
B3-I Had a Dream
B4-You Just a Womper-Stomper
B5-Bright Lights, Big City
JYRD-1971-Let The Bossman Speak (LP) @320
I Ain't From Chicago
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-World's Got A Problem
A2-I Don't Know 1
A3-I Don't Know 2
A4-Got To Be A Reason
A5-Take Out Some Insurance
B1-I Don't Believe In Nothing
B2-If You Want It Done Right
B3-Life Won't Last Me Long
B4-Turn Me On
B5-Got Me Worried
B6-I Ain't From Chicago
JYRD-1973-I Ain t From Chicago (LP) @FLAC
Blues Is My Business
TRACKS
01-You'n That Sack
02-I Told You Baby
03-When You Left Me
04-Please Don't
05-You Gonna Need My Help
06-My Baby
07-I Ain't Got You
08-Come On Baby
09-Shoot My Baby
10-Go Get My Baby
11-Red Lights The Stop Light
12-I'm Gonna Love You
JYRD-1976-Blues Is My Business @FLAC
I'm The Man Down There
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-I Found My Baby
A2-Roll And Rhumba
A3-Shoot My Baby
A4-Come On Baby
A5-Rockin' With Reed
A6-When You Left Me
A7-State Street Boogie
A8-Signals Of Love
B1-I'm The Man Down There
B2-Tell Me You Love Me
B3-Let's Get Together
B4-Lookin' For You Baby
B5-Don't Think I'm Through
B6-When Girls Do
B7-Left Handed Woman
B8-A New Leaf
1985-I'm The Man Down There (LP) @320
(Thanks to Uncle Gil's)
Big Boss Blues
TRACKS
01-You Don't Have To Go
02-I Ain't Got You
03-Ain't That Loving You Baby
04-Can't Stand To See You Go
05-You Got Me Dizzy
06-Honest I Do
07-Down In Virginia
08-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
09-I Wanna Be Loved
10-Going To New York
11-Take Out Some Insurance
12-Baby, What You Want Me To Do
13-Hush Hush
14-Found Love
15-Big Boss Man
16-I'm A Love You
17-Bright Lights, Big City
18-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
19-Good Lover
20-Too Much
21-I'll Change My Style
22-Shame, Shame, Shame
JYRD-1986-Big Boss Blues @ALAC
Rockin' With Reed
(Charly)
TRACKS
01-I Found My Baby
02-Shoot My Baby
03-Roll & Rhumba
04-You Upset My Mind
05-Pretty Thing
06-Rockin' With Reed
07-She Don't Want Me No More
08-Come On Baby
09-I Don't Go For That
10-When You Left Me
11-Do The Thing
12-Little Rain
13-Signals Of Love
14-The Sun Is Shining
15-Caress Me Baby
16-Laughing At The Blues
17-Baby What's Wrong
18-Let's Get Together
19-Help Yourself
20-Left Handed Woman
21-A New Leaf
22-I'm Going Upside Your Head
JYRD-1987-Rockin' With Reed @FLAC
(Thanks to hakase)
Bright Lights, Big City
TRACKS
01-Bright Lights, Big City
02-Red Lights, The Stop Light
03-Shame, Shame, Shame
04-Baby What You Want Me To Do
05-I'll Change Everything
06-Take Out Some Insurance
07-You Got Me Dizzy
08-Honest I Do
09-You 'N' The Sack
10-I Aint Got You
11-Big Boss Man
12-Aint That Lovin' You Baby
13-Honey, Where You Goin'
14-Do The Thing
15-Don't Say Nothin'
16-Sugar, Sugar
JYRD-1988-Bright Lights Big City @FLAC
I'm Jimmy Reed,
Just Jimmy Reed
TRACKS
01-Honest I Do
02-Go on to School
03-My First Plea
04-Boogie in the Dark
05-You Got Me Crying
06-Ain't That Lovin' You, Baby
07-You Got Me Dizzy
08-Little Rain
09-Can't Stand to See You Go
10-Roll and Rhumba
11-You're Something Else
12-You Don't Have to Go
13-I'll Change My Style
14-Let's Get Together
15-Good Lover
16-Take It Slow
17-Too Much
18-In the Morning
19-Oh John
20-Back Home at Noon
21-Kansas City Baby
22-You Can't Hide
JYRD-1990-I_m Jimmy Reed Just Jimmy Reed @FLAC
Masters of the Blues
(Best of)
TRACKS
01-Baby, What You Want Me To Do
02-Found Love
03-Big Boss Man
04-Bright Lights, Big City
05-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
06-Ain't Thay Lovin' You Baby
07-Honest I Do
08-Boogie In The Dark
09-You Got Me Dizy
10-Hush Hush
11-Shame, Shame, Shame
12-Oh John
13-Take Out Some Insuramce
14-Caress Me Baby
15-You Don't Have To Go
16-Pretty Thing
17-I'm Nervous
18-Good Lover
JYRD-1991-Masters of the Blues (Best of) @ALAC
Speak The Lyrics To Me,
Mama Reed
TRACKS
01-High And Lonesome
02-You Don't Have To Go
03-Shoot My Baby
04-You Upset My Mind
05-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
06-Can't Stand To See You Go
07-You've Got Me Dizzy
08-Honey, Where You Going
09-Little Rain
10-The Sun Is Shining
11-Honest I Do
12-My Bitter Seed
13-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
14-Going To New York
15-I Told You Baby
16-Take Out Some Insurance
17-Baby What You Want Me To Do
18-Hush Hush
19-Found Love
20-Big Boss Man
21-Close Together
22-Bright Lights, Big City
23-Oh John
24-Same, Shame, Shame
25-I'm The Man Down There
JYRD-1993-Speak The Lyrics To Me, Mama Reed @FLAC
(Thanks to hakase)
Take Out Some Insurance
TRACKS
01-I Found My Baby
02-Boogie In The Dark
03-I'm Gonna Ruin You
04-She Don't Want Me No More
05-Do The Thing
06-Odds And Ends
07-My Bitter Seed
08-The Moon Is Rising
09-I Wanna Be Loved
10-Take Out Some Insurance
11-Come Love
12-Tell Me You Love Me
13-Baby What's Wrong
14-Too Much
15-I'll Change My Style
16-Let's Get Together
17-Mary, Mary
18-When You're Doing Alright
19-I'm Going Upside Your Head
20-I'm The Man Down There
JYRD-1994-Take Out Some Insurance @320
(Thanks to Red Rooster)
The Vee-Jay Years
(6CD)
CD 1 & 2
TRACKS
101-High And Lonesome
102-Jimmy's Boogie
103-I Found My Baby
104-Roll And Rhumba
105-You Don't Have To Go
106-Boogie In The Dark
107-Shoot My Baby
108-Rockin' With Reed
109-You Upset My Mind
110-I'm Gonna Ruin You
111-Pretty Thing
112-I Ain't Got You
113-She Don't Want Me No More
114-Come On Baby
115-I Don't Go For That
116-Baby, Don't Say That No More
117-Ain't That Loving You Baby
118-Can't Stand To See You Go
119-When You Left Me
120-I Love You Baby
121-My First Plea
122-You Got Me Dizzy
123-Honey, Don't Let Me Go
124-Untitled Instrumental
201-It's You Baby
202-Honey, Where Arte You Going
203-Do The Thing
204-Little Rain
205-Signals Of Love
206-Sun Is Shining
207-Baby, What's On Your Mind
208-Honest I Do
209-State Street Boogie
210-Odds And Ends
211-My Bitter Seed
212-Ends And Odds
213-My Baby (Down In Virginia)
214-You're Something Else
215-String To Your Heart
216-Go On To School
217-You Got me Crying
218-Moon Is Rising
219-Down In Virginia
220-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
221-I Wanna Be Loved
222-Caress My Baby
223-I Know It's A Sin
JYRD-1994-The Vee-Jay Years (6CD) @FLAC.CD1-2
CD 3 & 4
TRACKS
301-You'N That Sack
302-Going To New York
303-I Told You Baby
304-Take Out Some Insurance
305-I'm Nervous
306-You Know I Love You
307-Baby, What You Want me To Do
308-Goin' By The River (1)
309-Goin' By The River (2)
310-Where Can You Be
311-Hush Hush
312-I Was So Wrong
313-Blue Blue Water
314-Please Don't
315-Found Love
316-You Gonna Need My Help
317-Hold Me Close
318-Come Love
319-Big Boss Man
320-Meet Me
321-I Got The Blues
322-Sugar Sugar
323-Got Me Chasing You
401-Down The Road
402-Want To Be With You Baby
403-Jimmy's Rock
404-Tell The World I Do
405-You're My Baby
406-Ain't Gonna Cry No More
407-Close Together
408-You Know You're Looking Good
409-Laughing At The Blues
410-I'm A Love You
411-Kind OF Lonesome
412-Found Joy
413-Tell Me You Love Me
414-Bright Lights, Big City
415-Baby, What's Wrong
416-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
417-I'm Mr. Luck
418-Blue Carnegie
419-Take It Slow
420-Good Lover
421-Down In Mississippi
422-Too Much
JYRD-1994-The Vee-Jay Years (6CD) @FLAC.CD3-4
CD 5 & 6
TRACKS
501-I'll Change My Style
502-Let's Get Together
503-In The Morning
504-You Can't Hide
505-Back Home At Noon
506-Lookin' For You Baby
507-Kansas City Baby
508-Oh John
509-Shame, Shame, Shame
510-Cold And Lonesome
511-There'll be A Day
512-Ain't No Big Deal
513-Mary, Mary
514-Upside The Wall
515-Baby's So Sweet
516-I'm Gonna Help You
517-Up Tight
518-Mixed Up
519-I'm Trying To Please You
520-Five Long Years
521-See See Rider
522-Outskirts Of Town
523-Trouble In Mind
601-The Comeback
602-How Long Blues
603-Roll 'Em Pete
604-Cherry Red
605-Wee Wee Baby
606-St. Louis Blues
607-Worried Life Blues
608-Blues For 12 Strings
609-New Chicago Blues
610-Wear Something Green
611-Help Yourself
612-Heading For A Fall
613-Going Fishing
614-Left Handed Woman
615-I Wanna Be Loved
616-Fifteen years
617-New Leaf
618-When Your Doing All Right
619-I'm Going Upside Your Head
620-Devil's Shoestring
621-You've Got Me Waiting
622-I'm The Man Down There
623-When Girls Do
624-Don't Think I'm Through
JYRD-1994-The Vee-Jay Years (6CD) @FLAC.CD5-6
Big Boss Man
+Down In Virginia
TRACKS
01-Give Up And Let Me Go
02-I'm Leavin'
03-Shame, Shame, Shame
04-Run Here To Me Baby
05-Life Is Funny
06-Two In One Blue
07-My Baby Told Me
08-Five Years Of Good Lovin'
09-When Two People In Love
10-I've Got To Keep On Rollin'
11-When I Woke Up This Morning
12-Sugar, Sugar Woman
13-Don't Light My Fire
14-Slow Walking Mama
15-Jump And Shout
16-Down In Virginia
17-Check Yourself
18-I Show An Arrow To The Sky
19-Ghetto Woman Blues
20-Big Boss Lady
21-I Need You So
22-The Judge Should Know
JYRD-1997-Big Boss Man+Down In Virginia @FLAC
(Thanks to hakase)
The New Jimmy Reed Album
+ Soulin'
TRACKS
01-Big Boss Man
02-I Wanna Know
03-Got Nowhere To Go
04-Two Ways To Skin A Cat
05-Heartaches & Trouble
06-Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
07-Honey, I'll Make Two
08-You Don't Have To Go
09-Don't Play Me Cheap
10-Two Sides To Every Story
11-I'm Just Trying To Cop A Plea
12-Two Heads Are Better Than One
13-Buy Me A Hound Dog
14-Feel Like I Want To Ramble
15-I Wake Up Daybreak
16-Peepin' & Hidin'
17-Don't Press Your Luck Woman
18-I'm Not Going To Let You Down
19-I'm Knockin' At Your Door
20-Crazy 'bout Oklahoma
21-Cousin Peaches
22-Ain't No Time For Fussin'
23-Dedication To Sonny
JYRD-1997-The New Jimmy Reed Album+Soulin @FLAC
The Very Best of
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-I Found My Baby
102-You Don't Have To Go
103-I'm Gonna Ruin You
104-She Don't Want Me No More
105-I Don't Go For That
106-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
107-Can't Stand To See You Go
108-I Love You Baby
109-You Got Me Dizzy
110-Honey, Where You Going
111-Do The Thing
112-Little Rain
113-The Sun Is Shining
114-Odds and Ends
115-Honest I Do
116-My Bitter Seed
117-The Moon Is Rising
118-Down In Virginia
119-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
120-I Wanna Be Loved
201-I Told You Baby
202-Take Out Some Insurance
203-Baby, What You Want Me To Do
204-Hush Hush
205-Found Love
206-Come Love
207-Big Boss Man
208-Close Together
209-Tell Me You Love Me
210-Bright Lights, Big City
211-Baby, What's Wrong
212-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
213-Good Lover
214-Too Much
215-I'll Change My Style
216-Let's Get Together
217-Shame, Shame, Shame
218-When You're Doing Alright
219-I'm Going Upside Your Head
220-I'm The Man Down There
JYRD-1999-The Very Best Of (2CD) @192
Jimmy Reed Plays
12 String Guitar Blues
TRACKS
01-Bright Lights Big City
02-St. Louis Blues
03-Blue Carnegie
04-New Chicago Blues
05-Big Boss Man
06-Hush Hush
07-Blues For Twelve Strings
08-Baby What You Want Me To Do
09-Boogie In The Dark
10-Take Out Some Insurance
11-Aw, Shucks
12-Close Together
2000-Jimmy Reed Plays 12 String Guitar Blues @FLAC
(Thanks to Albert)
As Jimmy Is
TRACKS
01-Hard Walking Hannah
02-Cry Before I Go
03-Cant Stand to Leave
04-Big Legged Woman
05-Funky Funky Soul
06-Christmas Present Blues
07-Over the Hump
08-Crying Blind
09-Instrumental
10-God Is Catching Up With Me
JYRD-2001-As Jimmy Is @320
The Essential Boss Man
(1953-66)
(3CD)
CD 1 & 2
TRACKS
101-High And Lonesome
102-You Dont Have To Go
103-Boogie In The Dark
104-Im Gonna Ruin You
105-Pretty Thing
106-I Aint Got You
107-She Dont Want Me No More
108-Come On Baby
109-I Dont Go For That
110-Baby, Dont Say That No More
111-Aint That Lovin' You
112-Cant Stand To See You Go
113-When You Left Me
114-I Love You, Baby
115-My First Plea
116-You Got Me Dizzy
117-Honey, Dont Let Me Go
118-Its You Baby
119-Honey, Where You Going
120-Do The Thing
121-Little Rain
122-Signals Of Love
123-The Sun Is Shining
124-Baby, Whats On Your Mind
125-Odds And Ends
201-Honest I Do
202-My Bitter Seed
203-Ends And Odds (Instrumental)
204-You're Something Else
205-A String To Your Heart
206-Go On To School
207-You Got Me Crying
208-Down In Virginia
209-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
210-I Wanna Be Loved
211-Caress Me Baby
212-I Know It's A Sin
213-You'n That Sack
214-Going To New York
215-I Told You, Baby
216-Take Out Some Insurance
217-I'm Nervous
218-Baby, What You Want Me To Do
219-Goin' By The River. Part 1
220-Where Can You Be
221-Hush, Hush
222-I Was (So) Wrong
223-Blue, Blue Water
224-Please Don't
225-Found Love
JYRD-2004-The Essential Boss Man (1953-66) @ALAC.CD1-2
CD 3
TRACKS
301-Big Boss Man
302-Hold Me Close
303-Close Together
304-You Know You're Looking Good
305-Kind Of Lonesome
306-Found Joy
307-Bright Lights, Big City
308-Baby, What's Wrong
309-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
310-I'm Mr Luck
311-Blue Carnegie (Instrumental)
312-Good Lover
313-Down In Mississippi
314-Too Much
315-Let's Get Together
316-Shame, Shame, Shame
317-Cold And Lonesome
318-Up Tight
319-Mixed Up
320-Wear Something Green
321-When You're Doing All Right
322-I'm Going Upside Your Head
323-I'm The Man Down There
324-When Girls Do It
325-Knockin' At Your Door
JYRD-2004-The Essential Boss Man (1953-66) @ALAC CD3
Sings the Best of the Blues
TRACKS
01-St. Louis Blues
02-Trouble in Mind
03-Wee Wee Baby
04-How Long Blues
05-C.C. Rider
06-Roll 'Em Pete
07-Outskirts of Town
08-The Come Back
09-Cherry Red
10-Worried Life Blues
11-Five Long Years
JYRD-2007-Sings The Best Of The Blues @FLAC
(Thanks to Flash)
My Happy Heaven
TRACKS
01-Baby What's Wrong
02-Hush Hush
03-Big Boss Man
04-Found Love
05-Hold Me Close
06-You Got Me Dizzy
07-Found Joy
08-I'm a Love You
09-I'm Mr. Luck
10-Baby What You Want Me to Do
11-Tell Me You Love Me
12-Blue Blue Water
13-The Sun Is Shining
14-Boogie in the Dark
15-Blue Carnegie
16-Going to New York
17-Honest I Do
18-Kind of Lonesome
19-You Don't Have to Go
20-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
21-Aw Shucks Hush Your Mouth
22-Take out Some Insurance
23-Bright Lights, Big City
2016-My Happy Heaven @FLAC
I'm Jimmy Reed
TRACKS
01-Honest I Do
02-Go On To School
03-My First Plea
04-You Got Me Crying
05-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
06-You Got Me Dizzy
07-Little Rain
08-Can't Stand To See You Go
09-Roll & Rumba
10-You're Something Else
11-You Don't Have To Go
JYRD-2017-I'm Jimmy Reed @FLAC
Mr.Luck
The Complete Vee-Jay Singles
(3CD)
TRACKS
101-High and Lonesome Intro
102-High and Lonesome
103-Roll and Rhumba
104-Jimmy's Boogie
105-Found My Baby Gone
106-You Don't Have to Go Intro
107-You Don't Have to Go
108-Boogie in the Dark
109-I'm Gonna Ruin You
110-Pretty Thing
111-She Don't Want Me No More
112-I Don't Go for That
113-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby Intro
114-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
115-Baby, Don't Say That No More
116-Can't Stand to See You Go
117-Rockin' with Reed
118-My First Plea
119-I Love You Baby
120-You Got Me Dizzy Introduction
121-You Got Me Dizzy
122-Honey Don't Let Me Go
123-Little Rain
124-Honey Where You Going
125-The Sun Is Shining
126-Baby What's On Your Mind
127-Honest I Do Introduction
128-Honest I Do
129-Signals of Love
130-You're Something Else
131-A String to Your Heart
201-Go On to School
202-You Got Me Crying
203-I Know It's a Sin
204-Down in Virginia
205-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
206-Odds and Ends
207-I Told You Baby
208-Ends and Odds
209-Take Out Some Insurance
210-You Know I Love You
211-Going to New York Introduction
212-Going to New York
213-I Wanna Be Loved
214-Baby What You Want Me to Do Intro
215-Baby What You Want Me to Do
216-Caress Me Baby
217-Found Love
218-Where Can You Be
219-Hush Hush
220-Going By the River, Part 2
221-Close Together
222-Laughing at the Blues
223-Big Boss Man Introduction
224-Big Boss Man
225-I'm a Love You
226-Bright Lights, Big City
227-Bright Lights, Big City
228-I'm Mr. Luck
229-Aw Shucks Hush Your Mouth
230-Baby, What's Wrong
301-Good Lover
302-Tell Me That You Love Me
303-I'll Change My Style
304-Too Much
305-Let's Get Together
306-Oh John
307-Shame Shame Shame Introduction
308-Shame Shame Shame
309-There'll Be a Day
310-Mary, Mary
311-I'm Gonna Help You
312-To the Outskirts of Town
313-St. Louis Blues
314-See See Rider
315-Wee Wee Baby Blues
316-Help Yourself
317-Heading for a Fall
318-Down in Mississippi
319-I'm Going Upside Your Head Intro
320-I'm Going Upside Your Head
321-The Devil's Shoestring
322-I Wanna Be Loved
323-A New Leaf
324-Left Handed Woman
325-I'm the Man Down There
326-When Girls Do It
327-Don't You Think I'm Through
JYRD-2017-Mr.Luck The Complete Vee-Jay Singles @FLAC
Jimmy Reed is Back
(Deluxe Edition)
TRACKS
01-Ain't No Time for Fussin'
02-Keep the Faith
03-Wake up at Daybreak
04-Turn Me on Like a Tv
05-Knocking on Your Door
06-Just a Poor Country Boy
07-Tribute to a Friend
08-Crazy About Oklahoma
09-When I Woke up This Morning
10-I'm Leaving
11-I Got to Keep Rolling
12-My Baby Told Me
JYRD-2019-Jimmy Reed is Back (Deluxe Edition) @FLAC
Cherry Pie
TRACKS
01-Going to New York
02-Caress me Baby
03-Take out some Insurance
04-Ends And Odds
05-My bitter Seed
06-I Know It's a Sin
07-Baby, what's on your Mind
08-The Moon is Rising
09-A String to Your Heart
10-Rockin' with Reed
11-Down in Virdinia
12-Wanna Be Loved
JYRD-2020-Cherry Pie @FLAC
Funky Funky Soul
TRACKS
01-Hard Working Hanna (Part One)
02-Cry Before I Go
03-I Can't Stand To Leave
04-Big Legged Woman
05-Funky Funky Soul
06-Christmas Present Blues
07-Over The Hump
08-Crying Blind
09-Jumpin' Jimmy
10-Good Is Catching Up With Me
JYRD-2020-Funky Funky Soul @320
His Golden Years
(Remastered)
TRACKS
01-Baby, What Do You Want Me to Do
02-Bright Lights, Big City
03-Big Boss Man
04-Honest I Do
05-Little Rain
06-High & Lonesome
07-You're Something Else
08-A String to Your Heart
09-Roll & Rhumba
10-I Found My Baby
11-You Got Me Crying
12-Go on to School
13-Jimmy's Boogie
14-I Know It's a Sin
15-You Don't Have to Go
16-Boogie in the Dark
17-Down in Virginia
18-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
19-Pretty Thing
20-I'm Gonna Ruin You
21-Odds and Ends
22-Ends and Odds
23-I Don't Go for That
24-I Told You Baby
25-She Don't Want Me No More
26-Ain't That Loving You Baby
27-You Know I Love You
28-Baby Don't Say That No More
29-Going to New York
30-I Wanna Be Loved
31-Rockin' with Reed
32-Can't Stand to See You Go
33-Caress Me Baby
34-My First Plea
35-I Love You Baby
36-Where Can You Be
37-Found Love
38-Honey Don't Let Me Go
39-Hush, Hush
40-You've Got Me Dizzy
41-Going by the River
42-Honey, Where Are You Going
43-Laughing at the Blues
44-Close Together
45-The Sun Is Shining
46-Baby, What's on Your Mind
47-I'm a Love You
48-Signals of Love
49-I'm Mr. Luck
JYRD-2020-His Golden Years (Remastered) @320
Oldies Selection
Best of Collection
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-A String to Your Heart
102-Ain't That Lovin' Baby
103-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
104-Baby, Don't Say That No More
105-Baby, What's on Your Mind
106-Back Home at Noon
107-Big Boss Man
108-Blue Blue Water
109-Blue Carnegie
110-Boogie in the Dark
111-Can't Stand to See You Go
112-Bright Lights, Big City
113-Caress Me Baby
114-Close Together
115-Come Love
116-Down in Virginia
117-Ends & Odds
118-Ends and Odds
119-Found Joy
120-Found Love
121-Go on to School
122-Going by the River Part 1
123-Going by the River Part 2
124-Going to New York
125-Good Lover
126-High and Lonesome
127-Hold Me Close
128-Honest I Do
129-Honey, Don't Let Me Go
130-Honey, Where You Going
131-Hush Hush
132-I Ain't Got You
133-I Don't Go for That
134-I Found My Baby
135-I Know It's a Sin
136-I Love You Baby
137-I Told You Baby
138-I Was so Wrong
201-I'll Change My Style
202-I'm a Love You
203-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
204-I'm Gonna Ruin You
205-I'm Mr. Luck
206-I'm Nervous
207-In the Morning
208-Jimmy's Boogie
209-Kansas City Baby
210-Kind of Lonesome
211-Laughing at the Blues
212-Let's Get Together
213-Little Rain
214-Meet Me
215-My Bitter Seed
216-My First Plea
217-Oh John
218-Pretty Thing
219-Rockin' with Reed
220-Roll and Rhumba
221-She Dont Want Me No More
222-Signals of Love
223-Take It Slow
224-Take out Some Insurance
225-Tell Me You Love Me
226-The Moon Is Rising
227-The Sun Is Shining
228-Too Much
229-Wanna Be Loved
230-What's Wrong, Baby
231-Where Can You Be
232-You Can't Hide
233-You Don't Have to Go
234-You Got Me Crying
235-You Got Me Dizzy
236-You Know I Love You
237-You're Something Else
JYRD-2021-Oldies Selection Best of Collection (2CD) @320
You're Gonna Need My Help
(1953-62)
TRACKS
01-Shoot My Baby
02-You Upset My Mind
03-I Ain't Got You
04-Come On Baby
05-When You Left Me
06-Untitled Instrumental
07-It's You Baby
08-Do The Thing
09-State Street Boogie
10-My Bitter Seed
11-The Moon Is Rising
12-I Wanna Be Loved
13-You'n That Sack
14-I'm Nervous
15-Going By The River, Pt. 1
16-Blue, Blue Water
17-Please Don't
18-You're Gonna Need My Help
19-Hold Me Close
20-Come Love
21-Meet Me
22-I've Got The Blues
23-Sugar, Sugar
24-Got Me Chasing You
25-I Was So Wrong
26-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
27-Down In Mississippi
28-Jimmy's Rock
JYRD-2022-You're Gonna Need My Help (1953-62) @FLAC
(Thanks to Albert)
COLLECTION
Vol.37 - Jimmy Reed & Otis Rush
Vol.37
01-Baby What You Want Me to Do (Jimmy Reed)
02-Found Love (Jimmy Reed)
03-Big Boss Man (Jimmy Reed)
04-Hush Hush (Jimmy Reed)
05-I'm Nervous (Jimmy Reed)
06-Going by the River Pt. 1 (Jimmy Reed)
07-I Ain't Got You (Jimmy Reed)
08-Come Love (Jimmy Reed)
09-Meet Me (Jimmy Reed)
10-I Was So Wrong (Jimmy Reed)
11-Checking on My Baby (Otis Rush)
12-Love That Woman (Otis Rush)
13-My Baby Is a Good'un (Otis Rush)
14-All Your Love (Otis Rush)
15-If You Were Mine (Otis Rush)
16-Violent Love (Otis Rush)
17-My Love Will Never Die (Otis Rush)
18-Three Times a Fool (Otis Rush)
19-Keep On Loving Me Baby (Otis Rush)
20-It Takes Time (Otis Rush)
ABC Vol.37-Jimmy Reed & Otis Rush @FLAC
a.k.a.
CD5 - Jimmy Reed & Otis Rush
CD05
01-Baby What You Want Me To Do (Jimmy Reed)
02-Found Love (Jimmy Reed)
03-Big Boss Man (Jimmy Reed)
04-Hush Hush (Jimmy Reed)
05-I'm Nervous (Jimmy Reed)
06-Going By The River Pt. 1 (Jimmy Reed)
07-I Ain't Got You (Jimmy Reed)
08-Come Love (Jimmy Reed)
09-Meet Me (Jimmy Reed)
10-I Was So Wrong (Jimmy Reed)
11-Checking On My Baby (Otis Rush)
12-Love That Woman (Otis Rush)
13-My Baby Is A Good'un (Otis Rush)
14-All Your Love (Otis Rush)
15-If You Were Mine (Otis Rush)
16-Violent Love (Otis Rush)
17-My Love Will Never Die (Otis Rush)
18-Three Times A Fool (Otis Rush)
19-Keep On Loving Me Baby (Otis Rush)
20-It Takes Time (Otis Rush)
Blues Masters (EMI) @FLAC VOL02 CD05
Bright Lights, Big City
TRACKS
01-High And Lonesome
02-Jimmie's Boogie
03-You Don't Have To Go
04-Boogie In The Dark
05-You Upset My Mind
06-She Don't Want Me No More
07-I Don't Go For That
08-Ain't That Loving You Baby
09-You Got Me So Dizzy
10-Honest I Do
11-The Sun Is Shinning
12-Ends And Odds
13-My Bitter Seed
14-Going To New York
15-Take Out Some Insurance
16-Baby What You Want Me To Do
17-Hush-Hush
18-Found Love
19-You Gonna Need My Help
20-Found Joy
21-Kind Of Lonesome
22-Blue Carnegie
23-Big Boss Man
24-Sugar Sugar
25-Jimmy's Rock
26-Bright Lights, Big City
27-I'm Going Upside Your Head
BE-JR-1990-Bright Lights, Big City (Blues Encore) @ALAC
CD1- Jimmy Reed & Johnny Winter
Live at Liberty Hall, Houston, TX (1972)
CD1
101-Big Boss Man
102-Stop Light
103-Down the Road I Go
104-Bright Lights Big City
VA-Blues Giants Live @FLAC Vol1 CD1
The Very Best of JIMMY REED
Jimmy Reed
01-High and Lonesome
02-You Don't Have to Go
03-Ain't That Lovin' You Baby
04-I Ain't Got You
05-You Got Me Dizzy
06-Little Rain
07-Honest I Do
08-Odds and Ends
09-Ends and Odds
10-Going to New York
11-Take Out Some Insurance
12-Baby, What You Want Me to Do
13-Hush Hush
14-Big Boss Man
15-Bright Lights, Big City
16-Oh John
17-Shame, Shame, Shame
BM (Rhino)-JR-The Very Best Of @320
Vol.17 - Jimmy Reed
Vol.17
01-You Don't Have To Go
02-I Don't Go For That
03-Aint That Lovin' You Baby
04-Can't Stand To See You Go
05-I Love You Baby
06-You've Got Me Dizzy
07-Honey, Where You Going
08-Little Rain
09-The Sun Is Shining
10-Honest I Do
11-Down In Virginia
12-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
13-Baby What You Want Meto Do
14-Found Love
15-Hush Hush
16-Big Boss Man
17-Bright Lights, Big City
18-Aw Shucks, Hush Your Mouth
19-Good Lover
20-Shame, Shame, Shame
CBM-Vol.17 Jimmy Reed (Bright Lights, Big City) @FLAC
TRACKS
01-Ain't that lovin' baby
02-Bright lights, big city
03-I don't go for that
04-You don't have to go
05-I love you baby
06-Hush hush
07-Pretty thing
08-Big boss man
09-Honey, where are you going
10-Little rain
11-The sun is shining
12-Honest I do
13-Close together
14-I told you baby
15-Aw shucks, hush your mouth
16-Good lover
17-A new leaf
18-I' the man down there
J&BC-CD13 Jimmy Reed @FLAC
Vol.18 Jimmy Reed
Vol.18
01-You Don't Have To Go
02-I Ain't Got You
03-Can't Stand To See You Go
04-You Got Me Dizzy
05-Honest I Do
06-Down In Virginia
07-Too Much
08-I'm Gonna Get My Baby
09-I Wanna Be Loved
10-Baby, What You Want Me To Do
11-Hush Hush
12-Big Boss Man
13-Bright Lights, Big City
14-Down The Road
15-I'm Going Upside Your Head
16-Shame, Shame, Shame
17-Take Out Some Insurance
18-Found Love
TBC-Vol.18-Jimmy Reed (You Dont Have to Go) @FLAC
Vol.1
101-You Don't Have To Go (Jimmy Reed)
102-I Wish You Would (Billy Boy Arnold)
103-Ain't Times Hard (Floyd Jones)
104-Strange Girl (L.C. McKinley)
105-She Don't Want Want Me No More (J.Reed)
106-Hurt My Feelings (Morris Pejoe)
107-Bad Boy (Eddie Taylor)
108-Wheel And Deal (John Lee Hooker)
109-Oop-De-Oop (Eearl Phillips)
110-Found My Baby (Jimmy Reed)
111-I Was Fooled (Billy Boy Arnold)
112-Cinemascope Baby (Pro McClam)
113-School Days On My Mind (Floyd Jones)
114-She's Five Feet Three (L.C. McKinley)
115-You're Gonna Need Me (Morris Pejoe)
116-Recession (J.Buckner & T.Dean Orchestra)
117-Nothing But Love (Eearl Phillips)
118-Unfriendly Woman (John Lee Hooker)
119-I'm So Satisfied (L.C. McKinley)
120-I'm Gonna Ruin You (Jimmy Reed)
VEE JAY-Vol.1 @320
COLLABORATION
Big Boss Men
TRACKS
01-Sittin' and Cryin' the Blues - Willie Dixon
02-Spoonful - Willie Dixon
03-I Just Want to Make Love to You - Willie Dixon
04-Chicago Here I Come - Willie Dixon
05-Tore Down - Willie Dixon
06-Roach Stew - Willie Dixon
07-Big Boss Man - Jimmy Reed
08-Stop Light - Jimmy Reed
09-You Don't Have to Go - Jimmy Reed
10-Bright Lights, Big City - Jimmy Reed
WDN-2001-Big Boss Men @256
10 comments:
thanks for this discography :)
any chance of a re-up of As Jimmy Is?
These are great! Does anyone have a copy of "Speak the Lyrics to Me, Mama Reed," 1993 Vee-Jay Records?
Thanks in advance,
Mark
@Newnativemark,
Try these sites, better ones to ask/find stuff by users :
Azzul's Collective : The Basement
Don't Ask Me .. I don't know !
Cheers
Chris-France
Hi Newnativemark, (again)
B.T.W. All the tracks from "Speak the Lyrics,..." are held on the "Vee-Jee Years" 6CD Box set released the year after (1994) ... !
Looking hard for it anyway. Be kind to notice me if you find it before me. Thanks in advance.
Chris-France
A couple of interesting bits of Jimmy Reed trivia for you.
Jimmy Reed At Carnegie Hall. Jimmy Reed didn't have a hope in hell of ever filling Carnegie Hall. What they did was book the empty hall for a couple of hours one afternoon and set Jimmy & the band up with the recording gear and have them run through the songs.
Jimmy Reed was notorious for drinking and getting drunk while performing, so many promoters wouldn't allow him to take a bottle of whisky on stage Jimmy got around this by hiding a bottle of whisky in his pants and running a rubber tube up though his shirt and out connected to his harp rack, that way he could suck some whisky from the tube while playing his harp.
Are you still looking for 'Speak the Lyrics...'? If so, let me know and I will up it for you. KansasJoe at gmx.net
@Kansas Joe
I'm always fan with new stuff to share for blues lovers ! Please do !
Cheers
Chris-France
Kansas Joe -
I would very much appreciate that upload. I took Chris' advice and downloaded the 6-disk set (which I am glad to have!), but would still love to have the original edition.
Thanks for caring!
Mark
Muchas gracias, amigo. Saludos.
Post a Comment