DISCOGRAPHY 1991-2026 (38CD/DVD)
BIOGRAPHY
John Primer (born March 3, 1945, Camden, Mississippi, United States) is an
American Chicago blues and electric blues singer and guitarist.
He played guitar at Theresa's, a club in Chicago, between 1974 and 1980.
He was influenced by Muddy Waters' former sideman, Sammy Lawhorn, who
taught him to play slide guitar. He joined the Chicago Blues All-Stars of
Willie Dixon in 1979, then the Muddy Waters's band until the latter's
death in 1983. Then he joined the Teardrops of Magic Slim and began a solo
career on Wolf Records.
In 1995 he released, The Real Deal, with songwriting and singing
techniques showing the influence of both Dixon and Slim.
In 2013, Primer was the special guest on Shawn Holt & the Teardrops'
debut recording, Daddy Told Me. Shawn Holt being Magic Slim's son.
In 2013 and 2014, Primer had a nomination for a Blues Music Award in the
'Traditional Blues Male Artist' category.
NEWS
1997-Keep On Lovin' The Blues (Warner) @FLAC
Stuff You Got To Watch
TRACKS
01-Stuff You To Watch
02-See See Baby
03-Inflation Blues
04-Cairo
05-Lawhorn Special
06-Double Trouble
07-Rhinestone Cowboy
08-Fed Up Baby
09-Baby Bring Your Clothes Back Home
10-That's All I Need
11-I'm Gonna Ride Until I Get Satisfied
12-Travelin' Blues
13-The Mojo
JHPR-1991-Stuff You Got To Watch @ALAC
The Real Deal
TRACKS
01-Stop Draggin' That Chain Around
02-Tomorrow Might Not Be The Same
03-Still In Love With You
04-Blind Man Blues
05-How Long Will You Be Mine
06-Good Understanding
07-Come Back Baby
08-Cryiin' For Your Love
09-Bad Blood
10-I Called My Baby
11-She Won't Give Me No Lovin'
12-Tired And Worried
JHPR-1995-The Real Deal @FLAC
All Right
TRACKS
01-Waitin' For My Time
02-Still A Fool
03-Rock Me Baby
04-Kansas City
05-Rhinestone Cowboy
06-All Right, Okey
07-I'm In The Mood
08-Drive, Drive, Drive
09-That's All I Need
10-Lookin' At The Window
11-Cairo (Bonus Track)
12-Got My Mojo Working (Bonus Track)
13-Country Boy (Bonus Track)
14-Close To You (Bonus Track)
JHPR-1997-All Right @ALAC
Keep On Lovin’ The Blues
TRACKS
01-Keep On Lovin‚ The Blues
02-Axe To Grind
03-My Pencil Won‚t Write No More
04-One Minute
05-Oh Yeah!
06-When I Reach Out For Your Love
07-Close To You
08-You Can't Stop Doin' What You're Doin'
09-Like A Ship
10-I've Been Travelin'
11-Pay The Price
12-Meet Me At The Crossroads
1997-Keep On Lovin’ The Blues @320
1997-Keep On Lovin' The Blues (Warner) @FLAC *
* Thanks to Albert
Easy Baby:
Zoo Bar Collection Vol.6
TRACKS
01-A String To Your Heart
02-My Baby`s Gone
03-Gamblers Blues
04-Walkin` Thru The Park
05-I`ve Got A Problem
06-Rocking Daddy
07-Little Rain
08-I Need You So Bad
09-Easy Baby
10-That`s What Love Will Make You
11-That`s All I Need
12-Woke Up This Morning
13-Get Your Money Where You Spend
1999-Easy Baby (Zoo Bar 6) @FLAC+
Knocking At Your Door
TRACKS
01-Knocking At Your Door
02-Change Your Evil Ways
03-Lonely Days And Nights
04-Excited By Your Charms
05-Hard Working Woman
06-Brutal Hearted Woman
07-Everytime You Touch Me
08-That's Alright
09-A Woman Was Made To Be Loved
10-I Been Dogged Around
11-I Want To Know
12-The Kiss Of Fire
JHPR-2000-Knocking At Your Door @ALAC
All Original
TRACKS
01-Add A Little Touch
02-Goin' Back To Mississippi
03-Call My Baby
04-Every Day Brings About A Change
05-Blue Eyed Woman
06-Can I Be The Other Man
07-The Woman That I'm Lovin'
08-I Am A Bad Child
09-I Fell In Love With The Blues
10-At Home Alone
11-If I Asked You For What I Want
12-I've Got Love In My Heart
JHPR-2008-All Original @ALAC
Live at Callahan's
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-A Real Mother For Ya
102-Bring It On Home
103-I love Her So Hard
104-Call Me John Primer
105-Can't You See
106-Cross Your Heart
107-Don't Ask Me No Questions
108-Everything Is Gonna Be Alright
109-Fine Healthy Thing
110-Gotta Find My Baby
111-Hard Working Woman
112-Hideway
113-I Left That Town
201-I Really Love You'
202-I SHot The Sheriff
203-Jody's Got Your Girl and Gone
204-Lost The Best Woman I Ever Had
205-Mannish Boy
206-May Be Getting Old
207-Sharp Dressed Man
208-Southside Shuffle
209-Stand By Me
210-Sweet Home Chicago
211-The Suicide Song
212-Walking The Backstreets
213-Pretty Bird
214-Music on the way out
JHPR-2011-Live at Callahan's (2CD) @320
Blues On Solid Ground
TRACKS
01-Hiding Place
02-Take Care Of Me
03-Blues On Solid Ground
04-When I Get Lonely
05-Power Of Attorney
06-Crazy For My Baby
07-When I Met The Blues
08-I Just Got Some News Today
09-I Want To See You Before I Go
10-Happy Blues
11-Rambling Blues
12-When I Leave Home
13-Poor Man Blues
JHPR-2012-Blues On Solid Ground @FLAC
Knocking Around These Blues
(with Bob Corritore)
TRACKS
01-The Clock
02-Blue And Lonesome
03-When I Get Lonely
04-Cairo Blues
05-Leanin' Tree
06-Harmonica Joyride
07-Little Boy Blue
08-Just Like I Treat You
09-Man Or Mouse
10-Going Back Home
JHPR-BBCR-2013-Knocking Around These Blues @FLAC
That Will Never Do
TRACKS
01-That Will Never Do
02-.Mannish Boy
03-Hold Me In Your Arms
04-Forty Days & Forty Nights
05-You Gonna Wreck My Life
06-Cross My Heart
07-Sittin' Here Waitin'
08-Confessin' The Blues
09-It's A Sin To Tell A Lie
10-Hungry Country Girl
11-Down In The Bottom
12-Take The Bitter With The Sweet
13-The Time Has Come
JHPR-2016-That Will Never Do @FLAC
Ain't Nothing You Can Do!
(with Bob Corritore)
TRACKS
01-Poor Man Blues
02-Elevate Me Mama
03-Hold Me In Your Arms
04-Big Leg Woman
05-Gambling Blues
06-Harmonica Boogaloo
07-Ain't Nothing You Can Do
08-For the Love of a Woman
09-May I Have A Talk With You
10-When I Leave Home
JHPR-2017-Ain_t Nothing You Can Do @FLAC
Gypsy Woman Told Me
(with Bob Corritore)
TRACKS
01-Keep A-Driving
02-The Gypsy Woman Told Me
03-Knockin' On Your Door
04-Gambling Blues
05-Little Bitty Woman
06-Walking The Back Streets And Crying
07-I Got The Same Old Blues
08-My Imagination
09-Let's Get Together
10-Left Me With A Broken Heart
11-Walked So Long
12-Ain't Gonna Be No Cuttin' A Loose
JHPR-BBCR-2019-The Gypsy Woman Told Me @FLAC
The Soul of a Blues Man
TRACKS
01-Slip Away
02-Help Me Through the Day
03-Meet Me in the Morning
04-You Shouldn't Tell a Lie
05-Nothing Takes the Place of You
06-Stagger Lee
07-Please Don't Leave Me
08-Get Your Money Where You Spend Your Time
09-Rainy Night in Georgia
10-Meet Me in the Park
11-Members Only
12-Still Called the Blues
JHPR-2019-The Soul Of A Blues Man @FLAC
(Thanks to Denis)
Hard Times
TRACKS
01-You Got What I Want
02-Don't Wait Too Long
03-Hard Times
04-Blues-Blues-Blues
05-I Won't Sweat It
06-Chicago
07-Tough Times
08-All Alone
09-My Sugar Mama
10-You Mean So Much To Me
11-Trying To Make You Mine
12-Hot Meal
13-Whiskey
JHPR-2022-Hard Times @FLAC
Teardrops For Magic Slim
TRACKS
01-Mama Talk To Your Daughter
02-Luv Sumbody
03-Every Night, Every Day
04-Ain't Doing Too Bad
05-Buddy Buddy Friend
06-Trouble Of My Own
07-Let Me Love You Baby
08-It Hurts Me Too
09-Look Over Yonder Wall
10-The Things I Used To Do
11-Before You Accuse Me
12-The Blues Is Alright
JHPR-2023-Teardrops For Magic Slim @FLAC
Crawlin' Kingsnake
(with Bob Corritore)
TRACKS
01-Take A Message
02-Crawlin' Kingsnake
03-Down In The Bottom
04-Hiding Place
05-Chains And Things
06-Stuff You Gotta Watch
07-Rosalee Blues
08-You're The One
09-Bow Down On Your Knees
10-This Little Voice
11-Gravel Road
12-Feel Like Going Home
2024-Crawlin Lingsnake @FLAC+
Slow Blues
(with Magic Slim)
(2 CD)
TRACKS
101-You Put It On Me
102-1839 Blues
103-So Easy To Love You
104-I Wonder Who
105-Bad Avenue
106-Country Boy
107-Just To Be With You
108-Blues Behind Closed Doors
201-She's Too Much
202-When I Met My Baby
203-Double Trouble
204-You Can't Lose
.....What You Ain't Never Had
205-I'm A Bluesman
206-Please Don't Dog Me
207-Take The Bitter With The Sweet
208-Hard Luck Blues
2024-Slow Blues (2 CD) @320
(Thanks to Albert)
Grown in Mississippi
TRACKS
01-John's Blues Holler
02-Born in Mississippi
03-Blues Before Sunrise
04-Down in the Bottom
05-Walkin' Blues
06-Nothin' but a Chicken Wing
07-A Better Day
08-When I Met the Blues
....(Grown in MS Version)
09-Baby Please Don't Go
10-Let me be Your Electrician
11-Shame Shame Shame
12-Lay my Burdens Down
13-Ain't Kickin' up no Dust
14-John's Crawdad Song
2025-Grown in Mississippi @FLAC
(Thanks to Albert)
Tribute to Theresa's Lounge
TRACKS
01-Up In Heah
02-7 Nights For 7 Years
03-The Blues Is King
04-Sugar Sweet (Feat. Billy Branch)
05-Champagne And Reefer (Feat. Willie Buck)
06-We All Need Help
07-She's Nineteen Years Old (Feat. Carlos Johnson)
08-Little By Little
09-Mary's Song (Feat. Mary Lane)
10-Cut You A Loose
11-Blues Survivalist
12-Here I Am Knockin' At Your Door Again (+J.Watkins)
13-Mean Old World
2026-Tribute to Theresa's Lounge @FLAC
(Albert's suggestion)
COLLECTION
Vol.06
Poor Man Blues
TRACKS
01-Add a Little Touch
02-Smile in Your Face
03-Poor Man Blues
04-If I Could Hold You in My Arms
05-Hiding Place
06-I'm a Blues Man
07-My Eyes Keep Me in Trouble
08-My Baby Don't Love Me
09-Try My Lovin'
10-Corinna
11-Forgive Not Forget
CBS Vol.06 John Primer @ALAC
Vol.29
Close Behind Closed Doors
TRACKS
01-1839
02-Somebody Have Mercy
03-Good Morning Heartache
04-Don't You Hear Me Cryin' for You
05-Blues Behind Closed Doors
06-I'm Just Your Fool
07-Smokestack
08-Next Time You See Me
09-Country Boy
10-Yes, I'm Crazy 'Bout My Baby
11-It Ain't Easy Been Easy
12-Tore Down
CBS Vol.29 John Primer @ALAC
Vol.39
Cold Blooded Blues Man
TRACKS
01-Dreaming
02-Cuttin' Loose
03-Cold Blooded Blues Man
04-What Love Will Do
05-Meet Her In The Dark
06-Sad Sad Day
07-Mojo Hand
08-Cairo
09-I'm Worried
10-Malted Milk
11-Waitin' For My Time
12-Love In Vain
13-Red House
CBS Vol.39 John Primer @ALAC
Vol.53
It's a Blues Life
TRACKS
01-I've Been Abused
02-Maggie
03-Last Night
04-Mama Talk To Your Daughter
05-Party Girl
06-Empty Arms
07-Lonesome For Your Love
08-Sweet As A Georgia Peach
09-Every Time You Leave Me
10-Can't You See What You're Doin' To Me
11-Give Me Back My Wig
12-Rock Me
CBS Vol.53 John Primer @ALAC
Vol.60
A Tribute To Elmore James
TRACKS
01-Shake Yo Moneymaker
02-It Hurts Me Too
03-Sunnyland Train
04-Too Much
05-I'm In Love
06-Can't Stop Loving
07-Since My Baby Left This Town
08-I'm A Blues Man
09-I'm Worried
10-1839
11-Fine Little Mama
12-I Held My Baby
13-I Had A Dream Last Night
14-Stranger Blues
CBS Vol.60 John Primer @ALAC
Vol.75
Call Me John Primer
TRACKS
01-Going Back Down South
02-Poor Man Blues
03-I'm A Blues Man
04-Evil
05-I've Been Obused
06-1839 Blues
07-Shake Your Money Maker
08-Blues Behind Closed Doors
09-Look At Little Sister
10-Dreaming About My Baby
11-You Got To Pay The Price
12-Call Me John Primer
13-Goin' To New York
14-I Called My Baby (On The Phone)
15-Red House
CBS Vol.75 John Primer @FLAC
Vol.85
You Can Make If You Try
TRACKS
01-Sweet Man
02-My Little Sister
03-You Can Make It
04-Big Fat Woman
05-Love In Vain
06-Don't You Here Me
07-I Would Hold You In My Arms
08-Standing On The Crossroad
09-Things Are Used To Do
10-Corinna
11-Call Me On The Phone
CBS Vol.85 John Primer @FLAC
COLLABORATION
In Between Time
TRACKS
01-Rockin' All Day
02-I Need You So Bad
03-My Baby Walked Out
04-Old Friends
05-In Between Time
06-I Got It
07-Dead Presidents
08-A Better Day
09-Tighten' Up On It
10-'1839'
11-Billy's Boogie
12-Make It Alright
13-Bachelor Blues
14-If You Don't Want Me
15-Lake Michigan Waters
16-Lawhorn Special
17-Blizzard
ALMR-JHPR-2012-In Between Time @320
Ten Chicago Blues Classics
TRACKS
01-Blow Wind Blow
02-My Babe
03-Rollin' Stone
04-Juke (Instrumental)
05-Let Me Explain
06-Long Distance Call
07-Dealin' With The Devil
08-Got My Mojo Workin' (Instr.)
09-Bad Boy
10-Last Night (Instrumental)
2024-Ten Chicago Blues Classics @FLAC24
(Thanks to Albert for the artist suggestion)
Let's Live It Up!
TRACKS
01-Let's Live It Up!
02-Steadfast, Loyal And True
03-Jumpin' In Chi_Town
04-She Died From A Broken Heart
05-Betty Sue
06-Another Sleepless Night
07-Peace Train
08-Been Good To You
09-I Want To Know
10-Enlighten Me
11-Daggers & Spears
12-Don't Cry For Me
13-I Got Some News Today
14-Until We Meet Again
MSHT-JHPR-2010-Let's Live It Up! @320
Daddy Told Me
TRACKS
01-Fanny Mae
02-Daddy Told Me
03-Hold You Again
04-Down In Virginia
05-Buddy Buddy Friend
06-Get Your Business Straight
07-Mean Little Woman
08-Before You Accuse Me
09-Love Got Me Walkin
10-Little By Little
11-Please Don't Dog Me
12-You Done Me Wrong
SHHT-JHPR-2013-Daddy Told Me @320
Million Dollar Secret
TRACKS
01-Down In The Dumps
02-Million Dollar Secret
03-Independent Blues
04-Cold,Cold Secret
05-Smokestack Lightning
06-Dirt No-Gooder's Blues
07-My Baby Treats Me Like A Stepchild
08-You Can't Have My Monkey
09-Bad Avenue
10-Love Don't Love Nobody
11-Wild About You
12-Voodoo Blues
VLWN-JHPR-1983-Million Dollar Secret @ALAC
CREDITS
Valerie Wellington, vocals, piano(1)
Magic Slim, guitar (1-2,4-6,8-10,12)
John Primer, guitar (all tracks)(lead guitar on 4)
Johnny Littlejohn, slide guitar (3,7,11)
Sunnyland Slim, piano(2,6,8,10)
Billy Branch, harmonica (3-5,9,11)
Nick Holt, bass (4-5,7,9,11-12)
Aron Burton, bass (1-3,6,8,10)
Nate Applewhite, drums (4-5,7,9,11-12)
Casey Jones, drums (1-3,6,8,10)
Chicago Blues: 'A Living History'
(2CD)
CD1
101-My Little Machine (Billy Boy Arnold)
102-She's Love Crazy (Billy Boy Arnold)
103-Night Watchman Blues (Billy Boy Arnold)
104-Chicago Breakdown (Johnny Iguana)
105-Feel Like Going Home (John Primer)
106-I Believe (Lurrie Bell)
107-Moanin' at Midnight (John Primer)
108-Three O'clock Blues (Mike Avery)
109-Memphis Slim USA (Billy Boy Arnold)
110-Hate to See You Go (Billy Branch)
CD2
201-Sugar Sweet (John Primer)
202-Can't Stand to See You Go (John Primer)
203-I Wish You Would (Billy Boy Arnold)
204-Your Imagination (John Primer)
205-My Love Will Never Die (Lurrie Bell)
206-Hoodoo Man Blues (Billy Branch)
207-Hooking It (Billy Flynn)
208-Out of Bad Luck (Mike Avery)
209-One More Mile (Billy Branch)
210-The Healer (Carlos Johnson)
211-Damn Right I've Got the Blues (Lurrie Bell)
VA-2009-Chicago Blues_A Living History @VBR
REVIEW
A Living History is a super group formed with five musical greats :
Billy Boy Arnold, John Primer, Billy Branch, Carlos Johnson and Lurrie
Bell, paying tribute to that new form of Blues that emerged in Chicago in
the first half of the twentieth century.
This project started in 2009 with the release of an album, followed by a
tour that featured guest artists such as Buddy Guy, James Cotton or Magic
Slim.
Montreux Jazz Festival 2012
(DVD)
TRACKS
01.Header/Intro
02.Chicago Breakdown
03.My Little Machine
04.She's Love Crazy
05.I Wish You Would
06.They Call Me Johnny Primer
07.Sugar Sweet
08.Hoodoo Man Blues
09.One More Mile
10.Hate To See You Go
11.Intro/Lurrie Bell
12.My Love Will Never Die
13.I Believe
14.Damn Right, I've Got The Blues
15.Band Introduction/Outro
VA-2012-Montreux Jazz Festival 720p @TS
VA-2012-Montreux Jazz Festival 720p @MKV
CREDITS
Billy Boy Arnold - harmonica, vocals
Billy Branch - harmonica, vocals
Matthew Skoller - harmonica
John Primer - guitar, vocals
Lurrie Bell - guitar, vocals
Billy Flynn - guitar
Felton Crews - bass
Johnny Iguana - keyboards
Kenny "Beedy-Eyes" Smith - drums
Carlos Johnson - guitar, vocals
8 comments:
John Primer The Soul of a Blues Man (2019) only copy around still is 192...
Thank you for a couple of John Primer albums I didn't have.
Thanks for the John Primer share
A nice live album "Live at Callahans"
Regards
Thanks, my friend. Cheers.
Bonjour à tous.
trois albums intéressement mais comment fait-on pour les télécharger?
Merci.
Please, where can I find and download the CD of Giles Robson and John Primer: Ten Chicago Blues Classics?
@Olda
Like usual : every artist name is a link ! For the main artist as collaboration/collection names as well ...
All the Best
Chris-France
Muchas gracias, amigo. Saludos.
Post a Comment