(Victoria Regina Spivey)
DISCOGRAPHY 1927-2020 (23CD/DVD)
BIOGRAPHY
Victoria Spivey (October 15, 1906 – October 3, 1976) was an American blues
singer and songwriter. During a recording career that spanned forty years,
from 1926 to the mid-1960s, she worked with Louis Armstrong, King Oliver,
Clarence Williams, Luis Russell, Lonnie Johnson and Bob Dylan.
She also performed in vaudeville and clubs, sometimes with her sister,
Addie "Sweet Pease" Spivey. Among her compositions are "Black Snake
Blues", "Dope Head Blues" and "Organ Grinder Blues". In 1962 she
initiated her own recording label, Spivey Records.
She was born Victoria Regina Spivey in Houston, Texas, United States, the
daughter of Grant and Addie (Smith) Spivey. Her father was a part-time
musician and a flagman for the railroad; her mother was a nurse......
NEW!
1976-The Blues is Life @FLAC
2018-Woman Blues @FLAC24
OTIS SPANN
1980-Up In The Queen s Pad @FLAC
Woman Blues
(with Lonnie Johnson)
TRACKS
01-Christmas without Santa Claus
02-A Big One
03-Let's Ride Tonight
04-What Is This Thing They're Talking About
05-I'm A Red Hot Mama
06-Grow Old Together
07-Beautiful World
08-I Got Men All Over This Town
09-That Man
10-Thursday Girl
1961-Woman Blues @ALAC
Recorded Legacy of the Blues
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Detroit Moan
A2-Arkansas Road Blues
A3-How Do You Do It That Way
A4-Don't Trust Nobody Blues
A5-Dreaming Of You
A6-The Alligator Pond Went Dry
A7-TB's Got Me
B1-Telephoning The Blues
B2-New Black Snake Blues
B3-Organ Grinder Blues
B4-Murder In The First Degree
B5-Give It To Him
B6-I Can't Last Long
B7-I'll Never Fall In Love Again
1967-The Victoria Spivey ... (LP) @FLAC
The Blues is Life
TRACKS
01-By Yourself - A Lonely Woman Blues
02-Eagle and Hawk - Jealousy Blues
03-You're My Man - Slick Chick Blues
04-Don't Worry About It - Two-Timer Blues
05-Low Friends - No Friends Blues
06-Kazoo Papa Blues - Kazoo Blues
07-Don't Care - Angry Blues
08-My Head Is Bad - An Alcohol Blues
09-Six Foot Daddy - Incendiary Blues
10-Can I Wash Your Clothes - Humble Blues
11-Good Sissages - A Sausage Blues
12-Big Black Belt - Simple Minded Woman Blues
1976-The Blues is Life @FLAC
Woman Blues
(2018)
TRACKS
01-Christmas Without Santa Claus
02-A Big One
03-Let's Ride Tonight
04-What Is This Thing They're Talking About
05-I'm a Red Hot Mama
06-Grow Old Together
07-Beautiful World
08-I Got Men All Over This Town
09-That Man
10-Thursday Girl
2018-Woman Blues @FLAC24
Queen Victoria
TRACKS
01-Dope Head Blues
02-Organ Grinder Blues
03-Murder in the First Degree
04-Funny Feathers
05-Blood Hound Blues
06-Black Snake Swing
07-Detroit Moan
08-Down Hill Pull
09-Good Cabbage
10-Hollywood Stomp
11-Moaning the Blues
12-My Handy Man
VASY-2020-Queen Victoria @FLAC
COLLECTION
Complete Recorded Works
Vol. 1 & 2
DOCD5316
101-Black Snake Blues
102-Dirty Woman's Blues
103-Long Gone Blues
104-No More Jelly Bean Blues
105-Hoodoo Man Blues
106-Spider Web Blues
107-It's Evil Hearted Me
108-Santa Fe Blues
109-Humored And Petted Blues
110-Big Hoston Blues
111-Got The Blues SO Bad
112-Blue Valley Blues
113-Steady Grind
114-Idle Hour Blues
115-Arkansas Road Blues
116-The Alligator Pond Went Dry
117-No. 12 Let Me Roam
118-T-B Blues
119-Garter Snake Blues
120-Christmas Morning Blues
121-Dope Head Blues
122-Red Lantern Blues
123-Blood Thirsty Blues
DOCD5317
201-Nightmare Blues
202-Murder In The First Degree
203-Jelly Look What You Done Done
204-Your Worries Ain'T Like Mine
205-A Good Man Is Hard To Find
206-My Handy Man
207-Organ Grinder Blues (Take A)
208-Organ Grinder Blues (Take C)
209-New Black Snake Blues Part.1 (L.Johnson)
210-New Black Snake Blues Part.2 (L.Johnson)
211-No Papa No!
212-Toothache Blues Part.1 (L.Johnson)
213-Furniture Man Blues Part.2 (L.Johnson)
214-Furniture Man Blues Part.2 (L.Johnson)
215-Mosquito Fly And Flea
216-Toothache Blues - Part 2 (Duet With Lonnie Johnson)
217-You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now! Part.1 (L.Johnson)
218-You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now! Part.2 (L.Johnson)
219-Funny Feathers
220-How Do You Do It That Way
221-Funny Feathers Blues (Take 1)
222-Funny Feathers Blues (Take 2)
223-How Do They Do It That Way (Take.1)
224-How Do They Do It That Way (Take.2)
DOCD5316-Victoria Spivey Vol.1 (1926-27) @ALAC
DOCD5317-Victoria Spivey Vol.2 (1927-29) @ALAC
Vol. 3 & 4
DOCD5318
301-Blood Hound Blues
302-Dirty T.B. Blues
303-Moaning The Blues
304-Telephoning The Blues
305-New York Blues
306-Lonesome With The Blues
307-Showered With The Blues
308-Haunted By The Blues
309-You've Gotta Have What It Takes Part.1
310-You've Gotta Have What It Takes Part.2
311-Baulin' Water Blues - Part 1
312-Baulin' Water Blues - Part 2
313-Mama's Quittin' And Leavin' Part.1
314-Mama's Quittin' And Leavin' Part.2
315-Nebraska Blues
316-He Wants Too Much
317-Low Down Man Blues
318-Don't Trust Nobody Blues
319-Dreaming 'Bout My Man
320-Sweet Please
321-Black Snake Swing
322-I'll Never Fall In Love Again
323-T B's Got Me
DOCD5319
401-Dreaming of You [take 1]
402-Dreaming of You [take 2]
403-I Can't Last Long
404-Mr. Freddie Blues [take 1]
405-Mr. Freddie Blues [take 2]
406-Trouble in Mind
407-Hollywood Stomp
408-Detroit Moan
409-Any-Kind-a-Man [take 1]
410-Any-Kind-a-Man [take 2]
411-I Ain't Gonna Let You See My Santa Claus
412-One Hour Mama
413-Harlem Susie-Kue
414-Give It to Him [take 1]
415-Give It to Him [take 2]
416-Got the Blues So Bad
417-Down Hill Pull
418-From 1 to 12 (Dirty Dozen)
419-Good Cabbage
420-Time Ain't Long [take 1]
421-Time Ain't Long [take 2]
422-Don't Love No Married Man
DOCD5318-Victoria Spivey Vol.3 (1929-36) @ALAC
DOCD5319-Victoria Spivey Vol.4 (1936-37) @ALAC
⬇️ THE BLUES COLLECTION ⬇️
Vol.65 Moanin' The Blues
Vol.65
01-Moaning The Blues
02-Black Snake Blues
03-Dope Head Blues
04-My Handy Man
05-T_B Blues
06-Orgran Grinder Blues
07-Murder In The First Degree
08-How Do You Do It That Way
09-Funny Feathers
10-Blood Hound Blues
11-Toothache Blues Part 1
12-Dirty T.B. Blues
13-Black Snake Swing
14-Detroit Moan
15-One Hour Mama
16-Down Hill Pull
17-Good Cabbage
18-Hollywood Stomp
TBC-Vol.65 Victoria Spivey (Moanin' the Blues) @FLAC
COLLABORATION
Idle Hours
TRACKS
01-Darling I Miss You So
02-Long Time Blues
03-You Are My Life
04-Oh Yes Baby
05-Please Baby
06-Leave Me or Love Me
07-Idle Hours
08-You have No Love in Your Heart
09-Good Luck Darling
10-No More Cryin'
11-I Got the Blues So Bad
12-End It All
LJN-1962-Idle Hours @FLAC
Four Classic Albums Plus
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-Solid Blues
102-Rocks in My Bed
103-Drifting Along Blues
104-In Love Again
105-Blues in My Soul
106-Blues for Everybody
107-Lonesome Road
108-Backwater Blues
109-Tomorrow
110-Call Me Darlin'
111-So Tired
112-Careless Love
113-Drunk Again
114-Working Man's Blues
115-Jelly Roll Baker
116-Pleasing You (As Long As I Live)
117-It's Been So Long
118-Tomorrow Night
119-Hot Fingers
120-Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp
121-Glide
122-Bullfrog Moan
123-Blue Room Blues
124-Playing with the Strings
125-Two Tone Stomp
126-Four Hands Are Better Than Two
127-A Handful of Riffs
201-Christmas Without Santa Claus
202-A Big One
203-Let's Ride Tonight
204-What is This Thing They're Talking About
205-I'm a Red Hot Mama
206-Grow Old Together
207-Beautiful World
208-I Got men All over This Town
209-That Man
210-Thursday Girl
211-Another Night to Cry
212-I Got News for You Baby
213-Blues After Hours
214-You Didn't Mean What You Said
215-Fine Booze and Heavy Dues
216-I've Got to Get Rid of You
217-Bow Legged Baby
218-Make Love to Me Baby
219-Lots of Loving
220-A Story About Barbara
221-Goodbye Kitten
2024-Four Classic Albums Plus (2CD) @FLAC
Up In The Queen's Pad
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-I Just Want A Little Bit
A2-I'm Accused
A3-Vicksburg Blues
B1-Five Long Years
B2-Black Gal
B3-Let's Look After Each Other
B4-Help Me Somebody
1980-Up In The Queen s Pad @FLAC
(Big Thanks to Albert for this Gem and his patience!)
The Bluesmen of the Muddy Waters
Chicago Blues Band
Vol.1-Tain't Nobody's Business What I Do
Vol.1-Tain't Nobody's Business What I Do
101-Chicago Slide - Band
102-Creepin' Snake - Luther Johnson
103-Lookout Victoria - George Smith
104-You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now - Otis Spann
105-Take Webster's Word For It - Victoria Spivey
106-Theme - Band
107-Ain't Nobody's Business What I Do - Otis Spann
108-Born In Georgia - Luther Johnson
109-Trouble Hurts - Victoria Spivey
110-Watermelon Man - Band
111-Old Ugly Man Like Me - George Smith
112-Gave It All To Me - Victoria Spivey
VA-The Bluesmen of the Muddy Waters Chicago Blues Band Vol.1 @320
Vol.2-They Done It Again
Vol.2-They Done It Again
201-Blues Trot
202-Diving Mama
203-Been Hurt
204-Last Night
205-Blues For Spivey
206-Wonder Why
207-Funky Broadway
208-Mother and Son
209-How Much More
210-She's My Baby
The Bluesmen of the M.Waters Chicago Blues Band Vol.2 @320
Bawdy Blues
(1956-61)
TRACKS
01-Sweet Root Man (Memphis Slim)
02-Let Me Play With Your Poodle (Tampa Red)
03-I'm a Red Hot Mama (Victoria Spivey)
04-Jelly Roll Baker (Lonnie Johnson)
05-Churning Man Blues (Memphis Slim)
06-Try Some Of That (Pink Anderson)
07-Steady Rollin' Blues (Memphis Slim)
08-Jelly Whipping Blues (Tampa Red)
09-That Man (Victoria Spivey)
10-Car Machine Blues (Memphis Willy B)
11-If You See Kay (Memphis Slim)
12-Beedle Um Bum (Blind Willy McTell)
VA-Bawdy Blues (1956-61) @FLAC
Death May Be Your Christmas Gift
TRACKS
01-Will Hell Be Your Santa Claus (Rev. J.M. Gates)
02-Twenty-Fifth Day of December (Middle Georgia Four)
03-Don't Think I'm Santa Claus (Lil McClintock)
04-Christmas Time Will Soon Be Over (F.J.Carson)
05-The Wrong Way to Celebrate Xmas (Rev.EW.Clayborn)
06-Christmas Is A-Coming (Leadbelly)
07-A Mother, A Father, A Baby (Dixon Brothers)
08-Death May Be Your Christmas Gift (Rev A.W. Nix)
09-Happy New Year Blues (Mary Harris)
10-Christmas Morning Blues (Victoria Spivey)
11-I'll Be Home for Christmas (Pilgrim Travelers)
12-Happy New Year Blues (Blind Lemon Jefferson)
13-Christmas Blues (Ralph Willis)
14-Begin a New Life on Xmas Day Pt.1 (Rev.AW.Nix)
VA-Death May Be Your Christmas Gift @FLAC
Death Might Be Your Santa Claus
TRACKS
01-Xmas Blues (Harmon Ray)
02-Did You Spend Christmas Day in Jail (Rev.J.M.Gates)
03-When Was Jesus Born (The Heavenly Gospel Singers)
04-He Was Born in a Manger (Rev.J.M.Gates & Congregation)
05-Don't Think I'm Santa Claus (Lil McClintock)
06-Christmas and New Year Blues (Tampa Red)
07-Will the Coffin Be Your Santa Claus (Rev.JM.Gates)
08-Christmas Morning Blues (Victoria Spivey)
09-Death Might Be Your Santa Claus (Reverend J.M. Gates)
10-Santa Claus (Bo Carter)
11-Christmas Morning Blues (Sonny Boy Williamson)
12-Christmas Time Blues (Casey Bill & Hist Orchestra)
13-Santa, Bring My Man Back (O.Ware & Hot5 (D.Ellington))
14-At the Christmas Ball (Bessie Smith)
15-Papa Ain't No Santa Claus (Butterbeans & Susie)
16-Will Hell Be Your Santa Claus (Rev.JM.Gates & Congr.)
17-Christmas Morning Blues (Kansas City Kitty)
18-Santa (Lightnin' Hopkins)
VA-Death Might Be Your Santa Claus @FLAC
I Hear the Blues
(DVD)
TRACKS
'I hear the blues' - Memphis Slim
'All by myself' - Memphis Slim
'Nervous' - Willie Dixon
'Matt guitar boogie' - Bill Stepney, Matt Murphy 'Guitar'
'Back in New Orleans' - Big Joe Williams
'Too late to cry' - Otis Span, Lonnie Johnson
'T.B. Blues' - Victoria Spivey
'Keep it to yourself' - Sonny Boy Williamson
'My mojo working' - Muddy Waters
VA-I Hear The Blues (DVDRip) @AVI
a.k.a
The Blues Greats
(DVD)
TRACKS
01. Listen to the Blues - M.Slim, M.G.Murphy, W.Dixon
02. I'm Nervous - M.Slim, M.G.Murphy, W.Dixon
03. Matt's Guitar Boogie - M.Slim, M.G.Murphy, W.Dixon
04. Please Don't Go - Big Joe Williams
05. All By Myself - M.Slim, M.G.Murphy, W.Dixon
06. Down the Road Apiece - Amos Milburn
07. Rocky Mountain - Amos Milburn
08. Bewildered - Amos Milburn
09. Bad Bad Whiskey - Amos Milburn
10. Too Late to Cry - Lonnie Johnson
11. TB Blues" - Victoria Spivey
12. Keep it To Yourself - Sonny Boy Williamson
13. Got My Mojo Working - Muddy Waters
14. Bye Bye Baby/Closing - M.Slim, M.G.Murphy, W.Dixon,
....B.J.Williams, L.Johnson, V.Spivey, S.B.Williamson, M.Waters
VA-The Blues Greats (DVDRip) @MKV
Songs We Taught Your Mother
TRACKS
01-I Got Myself a Workin' Man
02-St. Louis Blues
03-Black Snake Blues
04-I Got a Mind to Ramble
05-You'll Want My Love
06-Going Blues
07-You Gotta Reap What You Sow
08-Arkansas Blues
09-Got the Blues So Bad
10-Chirpin' the Blues
11-Has Anybody Seen My Corine
12-Let Him Beat Me
VA-Songs We Taught Your Mother @ FLAC
Three Kings & The Queen
TRACKS
01-This Is A New World (Roosevelt Sykes)
02-Mr Johnson's Guitar Talks (Lonnie Johnson)
03-Sitting On Top Of The World (B.J.Williams & Bob Dylan)
04-All You Men (Victoria Spivey)
05-Lake Charles Stomp (Roosevelt Sykes)
06-Strange Girl Blues (Big Joe Williams)
07-Stick By Me Baby (Lonnie Johnson)
08-Turpentine (Victoria Spivey)
09-Let's Play Mommie And Daddy (Roosevelt Sykes)
10-Wichita (Big Joe Williams with Bob Dylan)
11-Brown Skin (Victoria Spivey)
12-Stop Talking (Lonnie Johnson)
13-No Partnership Woman (Big Joe Williams)
14-Blues For Robert Calvin N° 2 (Victoria Spivey)
15-Four Shots Of Gin (Lonnie Johnson)
16-Thirteen Hours (Roosevelt Sykes, Victoria Spivey)
VA-Three Kings And The Queen (1964) @192
REVIEW
This sampler features pianist Roosevelt Sykes, guitarists Lonnie Johnson
and Big Joe Williams, and pianist Victoria Spivey on four vocal selections
apiece. With the exception of the closing "Thirteen Hours" (which has
Spivey joining Sykes for a piano duet) and a pair of Joe Williams tracks
(which utilize the then-unknown harmonica player Bob Dylan), all of the
performances are unaccompanied. Although each of the blues greats have
recorded more classic performances elsewhere, this obscure LP from the
Spivey label has its colorful moments.
4 comments:
Hi Chris,
Thansk again for all the marvellous posts! Its happened again though. The link only displays the mega logo and and not the link directory. Can you have a look please?
Hi Manny Kent,
Thanks for your comment.
I make so many things these days that I don't control what I make ! Big mistake !
I'm sorry for the inconvenience and will try to be more vigilant in the future!
Thanks in any as for letting me know: it's thanks to all of you that this blog exists without too many errors ...
All the Best
Chris-France
Thanks a lot, my friend. Cheers.
Great Shares, Thanks A Lot.
Post a Comment