BIOGRAPHY
Jimmy McCracklin (August 13, 1921 – December 20, 2012) was an American
pianist, vocalist, and songwriter. His style contained West Coast blues,
Jump blues, and R&B. Over a career that spanned seven decades, he
said he had written almost a thousand songs and had recorded hundreds of
them.
McCracklin recorded over 30 albums, and earned four gold records. Tom
Mazzolini of the San Francisco Blues Festival said of him, "He was
probably the most important musician to come out of the Bay Area in the
post-World War II years.
McCracklin was born James David Walker Jr. on August 13, 1921. Sources
differ as to whether he was born in Elaine, Arkansas or St. Louis,
Missouri. He joined the United States Navy in 1938, later settled in
Richmond, California, and began playing at the local Club Savoy owned by
his sister-in-law Willie Mae "Granny" Johnson.
The room-length bar served beer and wine, and Granny Johnson served
home-cooked meals of greens, ribs, chicken, and other southern cuisine. A
house band composed of Bay Area based musicians alternated with and
frequently backed performers such as B. B. King, Charles Brown, and L. C.
Robinson. Later in 1963 he would write and record a song "Club Savoy" on
his I Just Gotta Know album.
His recorded a debut single for Globe Records, "Miss Mattie Left Me", in
1945, and "Street Loafin' Woman" in 1946. McCracklin recorded for a number
of labels in Los Angeles and Oakland, prior to joining Modern Records in
1949-1950. He formed a group called Jimmy McCracklin and his Blues
Blasters in 1946, with guitarist Robert Kelton, later replaced by
Lafayette Thomas who remained with the group until the early 1960s.....
(Wikipedia)
She's Gone
(78rpm)
TRACKS
01-She's Gone
02-My Days Are Limited
JYMK-1953-She's Gone (78rpm) @FLAC24
Sings
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Later On
A2-The Walk
A3-I'm Through
A4-Country Baby
A5-Hurt Me
A6-New Orleans Beat
B1-I Know
B2-I'm to Blame
B3-He Knows the Rules
B4-Get Tough
B5-Come On
B6-Take Care of Yourself
JYMK-1962-Sings (LP) @FLAC
Twist With Jimmy McCracklin
TRACKS
A1-I Can't Tell
A2-I'm Gonna Tell Your Mother
A3-My Mother Says
A4-That Ain't Right
A5-Please Forgive
B1-Couldn't Be A Dream
B2-Oh Baby
B3-You Don't Seem To Understand
B4-Reelin' And Rockin' Twist
JYMK-1962-Twist With Jimmy McCracklin (LP) @192
(Thanks to Xyros)
Every Night, Every Day
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Every Night, Every Day
A2-Can't Raise Me
A3-Believe in Me
A4-Someone
A5-I Did Wrong
A6-Summertime
B1-Let's Do It All
B2-You're the One
B3-Just Like It Is
B4-Looking for a Woman
B5-That's the Way It Goes
B6-The Walk
JYMK-1965-Every Night, Every Day (LP) @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
Think
TRACKS
A1-Think
A2-Slightest Idea
A3-The Bitter and The Sweet
A4-Just Pretending
A5-My Best Friend
A6-Speak Up
B1-Steppin' Up in Class
B2-I'm the One
B3-My Life
B4-Head Over Flip
B5-Advice
B6-I'll See It Through
JYMK-1965-Think (LP) @320
(Thanks to Xyros/Earthbound)
The New Soul of Jimmy McCracklin
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
A2-Sorry
A3-R.M. Blues
A4-You Don't Know
A5-Tomorrow
A6-Don't Suffer
B1-Come On Home
B2-Just Let Me Cry
B3-Something That Belongs To Me
B4-Convince Me
B5-Self Experience
B6-Thinking Back
JYMK-1966-The New Soul of Jimmy McCracklin @320
The Best of Jimmy McCraklin
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Arkansas (Pt. 2)
A2-Arkansas (Pt.1)
A3-Every Night, Every Day
A4-Hookie
A5-I'll Come Running
A6-Just Got to Know
B1-Let the Door Hit You
B2-My Answer
B3-The Walk
B4-These Boots Are Made for Walkin'
B5-Think
B6-This Thing
JYMK-1967-The Best Of Jimmy McCraklin (LP) @FLAC
(Thanks to Xyros)
Let's Get Together
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Get Together
A2-How You Like Your Love
A3-Pay Before You Get
A4-Believe In Me
A5-The Walk
A6-Advise
B1-Walk Right In
B2-Dog (Part 1)
B3-Pretty Little Sweet Thing
B4-You're The One
B5-Just Got To Know
B6-A And I (Part 1)
JYMK-1968-Let_s Get Together (LP) @320
The Stinger Man
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Stinger
A2-You Ain't Nothing but a Devil
A3-I've Been Trying
A4-You're in My Book First
A5-Drown in My Own Tears
A6-I Had to Get With It
B1-What's Going On
B2-You Know Who to Turn To
B3-I Likes Ya
B4-I Know You Know I Know
B5-How About That
B6-Knock on Wood
JYMK-1969-The Stinger Man (LP) @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
Yesterday Is Gone
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Double Dealing
A2-Just Got To Know
A3-Stay Away From That Monkey
A4-Yesterday Is Gone
A5-Would Man Be Satisfied
B1-Like My Mamma
B2-I Finally Got You
B3-You're The One
B4-The Love Money Can't Buy
B5-Think
JYMK-1972-Yesterday Is Gone @320
Rockin' Man
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Miss Mattie Left Me
A2-Rock And Rye
A3-Miss Minnie Lee Blues
A4-I Can't Understand Love
A5-Bad Condition Blues
A6-Just Won't Let Her Go
A7-Gotta Cut Out
A8-Movin' On Down The Line
B1-Rockin' Man
B2-That's Life
B3-Looking For A Woman
B4-Share And Share Alike
B5-She Felt Too Good
B6-Hear My Story
B7-I Wanna Make Love To You
B8-You're The One
JYMK-1979-Rockin Man (LP) @FLAC
I'm Gonna Have My Fun
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-I'm Gonna Have My Fun
A2-True Love Blues
A3-You Don't Love Me
A4-What's Your Phone Number
A5-Your Heart Ain't Right
A6-I Found That Woman
A7-The Cheater
A8-Beer Tavern Girl
B1-She's Gone
B2-My Days Are Limited
B3-I Cried
B4-The End
B5-Take-A-Chance
B6-I'm The One
B7-Blues Blasters Boogie
B8-Fare You Well
JYMK-1982-I'm Gonna Have My Fun (LP) @FLAC
Best of Jimmy McCracklin
with Lafayette Thomas
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-Minnie Lee
A2-Everybody Rock (New Orleans Beat)
A3-Suffer
A4-The Wobble
A5-I'm to Blame
A6-The Walk
A7-Later On
A8-One Track Love
B1-Old Memories
B2-Claim on You
B3-He Knows the Rules
B4-Hurt Me
B5-I Know
B6-Take Care of Yourself
B7-I'll Take the Blame
B8-Trottin'
JYMK-1984-Best Of J.McCracklin with L.Thomas (LP) @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
Blues & S oul
TRACKS
A1-The Walk
A2-Looking For A Woman
A3-That's The Way (It Goes)
A4-Every Night, Every Day
A5-I Did Wrong
A6-I Had To Get With It
A7-Just Got To Know
A8-Think
B1-Get Back
B2-R.M. Blues
B3-I Don't Care
B4-I'll See It Through
B5-Pretty Little Sweet Thing
B6-What's Going On
B7-Stinger
B8-You Ain't Nothing But A Devil
JYMK-1986-Blues & Soul (LP) @FLAC
Blast'em Dead
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-She's Gone
A2-My Days Are Limited
A3-She Felt Too Good
A4-The End
A5-The Cheater
A6-Share & Share Alike
A7-Hear My Story
A8-Everytime
A9-Pleasin' Papa
B1-We Could Make a Go
B2-I Know
B3-Blues and Trruble
B4-I Don't Want No Woman
B5-Hello Baby
B6-Night and Day
B7-You Look So Fine (Take 1 & 2)
B8-Keep Tryin'
B9-The Swinging Thing
JYMK-1987-Blast'em Dead (LP) @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
The Charly Original
(EP)
TRACKS
01-The Walk
02-I'm to Blame
03-He Knows the Rules
04-Everybody Rock
JYMK-1988-The Charly Original (EP) @FLAC
Same Lovin
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-All Shucks
A2-Games To Strong
A3-Outside Help
A4-Just Gotta Know
B1-Same Lovin'
B2-Do It Together
B3-My Answer
B4-Think
JYMK-1988-Same Lovin (LP) @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
The Best of
(LP)
TRACKS
A1-The Wobble
A2-Georgia Slop
A3-Let's Do It
A4-With Your Love
A5-What's That
A6-Susie And Pat
A7-Reeling And Rocking
A8-Club Savoy
B1-Everybody Rock
B2-Get Back
B3-Get Tough
B4-I'm Gonna Tell Your Mother
B5-The Walk
B6-You Didn't Seem To Understand
B7-The Wobble
B8-I'm Trough
JYMK-1991-Best Of (LP) @FLAC
My Story
TRACKS
01-Tomorrow
02-Real Love
03-Arkansas
04-Keep It Like It Is
05-It's Got to Be Love
06-In the Alley
07-After Hours
08-Stuck With Loneliness
09-Mama and Papa
10-Join the Club
11-My Story
12-Just a Matter of Time
JYMK-1991-My Story @FLAC
High On The Blues
TRACKS
01-Double Dealing
02-Just Got to Know
03-Stay Away from that Monkey
04-Yesterday is Gone
05-Would Man be Satisfied
06-Like My Mama
07-I Finally Got You
08-You're the One
09-The Love Money Can't Buy
10-Think
11-I Got Somebody
12-Girl Stealer
JYMK-1992-High On The Blues @FLAC
The Mercury Recordings
TRACKS
01-The Wobble
02-Georgia Slop
03-Hitched
04-No One To Love Me
05-(I'll Be Glad When You're Dead) You Rascal You
06-By Myself
07-Doomed Lover
08-With Your Love
09-Let's Do It (The Chicken Scratch)
10-The Bridge
11-What's That - Pt 1
12-What's That - Pt 2
13-Folsom Prison Blues
JYMK-1992-The Mercury Recordings @FLAC
A Taste of the Blues
TRACKS
01-Boogie On Down
02-Lie To Me
03-How Do You Like Your New Love
04-My Answer
05-Help The Bear
06-Yesterday Is Gone
07-I Got Juiced
08-Put Up Or Shut Up
09-Not The Right Thing
10-Outside Help
11-Taste Of The Blues
JYMK-1994-A Taste Of Blues @FLAC
The Modern Recordings
Vol.1 (1948-50) - Vol.2 ( Early 50's)
TRACKS
01-Reelin' & Rockin'
02-Deceivin' Blues (Alt)
03-Beer Drinkin' Woman
04-I'll Get A Break Someday
05-Love When It Rains
06-Deceivin' Blues
07-I Think My Time Is Here
08-Josephine
09-Bad Condition Blues
10-Blues Blasters' Shuffle (Instr)
11-Oh! I'm In Love
12-You Deceived Me 2
13-Gotta Cut Out
14-Up And Down Blues
15-Racket Blues (Tk 2)
16-Bad Health Blues
17-Just Won't Let Her Go
18-Don't Mistreat Me (Tk 1)
19-Cold Hearted (Tk 2)
20-Your Heart Ain't Right
21-Hamburger Joint
22-Crying Blues
23-Mistreating Me (Demo)
24-Bad Health Blues (Demo)
25-1942 Boogie
01-Gonna Tell Your Mother (Jimmy McCracklin)
02-I Got Eyes For You (Jimmy McCracklin)
03-The Panic's On (Jimmy McCracklin)
04-Couldn't Be A Dream (Jimmy McCracklin)
05-My Mother Said (Jimmy McCracklin)
06-Blues Blasters Boogie (Jimmy McCracklin)
07-That Ain't Right (Jimmy McCracklin)
08-Darlin' Share Your Love (Jimmy McCracklin)
09-Give My Heart A Break (Jimmy McCracklin)
10-Please Forgive Me Baby (Jimmy McCracklin)
11-Let's Get Together (Jimmy McCracklin)
12-It Ain't No Use (Jimmy McCracklin)
13-Cold Hearted (Take 1) (Jimmy McCracklin)
14-Deceivin' Blues (Take 3) (Jimmy McCracklin)
15-Rockin' All Day (Take 1) (Jimmy McCracklin)
16-Oh! I'm In Love (Take 2) (Jimmy McCracklin)
17-I'll Get A Break Someday (Tk.1)(Jimmy McCracklin)
18-Hamburger Joint (Take 3) (Jimmy McCracklin)
19-Lost Mind (Jerry Thomas)
20-Don't Have To Worry (Jerry Thomas)
21-Tired Of Everybody (Johnny Parker)
22-What You Did To Me (Johnny Parker)
23-I've Got A Feeling (Baby Pee Wee Parham)
24-People Are Wondering (Baby Pee Wee Parham)
JYMK-1999-The Modern Recordings Vol.1 (1948-50) @FLAC
JYMK-2004-The Modern Recordings Vol.2 (Early 50's) @FLAC
Tell It To The Judge!
TRACKS
01-Good Old Days
02-Hate Will Destroy The World
03-Same Lovin' In Return
04-Like My Mama
05-Would Man Be Satisfied
06-Think
07-I Just Got To Know
08-I Got Somebody
09-Stuck With Loneliness
10-Put Up Or Shut Up
11-My Answer
12-Not The Right Thing
13-Bad Situation
14-Double Dealin' On Me
15-After Hours
16-In The Alley
17-Tell it To The Judge
JYMK-1999-Tell It To The Judge @320
(Thanks to Xyros)
I Had To Get With It
TRACKS
01-The Walk
02-Looking For A Woman
03-That's The Way (It Goes)
04-Every Night, Every Day
05-I Did Wrong
06-I Had To Get With It
07-Just Got To Know
08-Think
09-Get Back
10-R.M. Blues
11-I Don't Care
12-I'll See It Through
13-Pretty Little Sweet Thing
14-What's Going On
15-Stinger
16-You Ain't Nothing But A Devil
17-My Answer
18-Come On Home (Back Where You Belong)
19-Arkansas (Parts 1 & 2)
20-Dog (Parts 1 & 2) (1994 - Remaster)
21-Get Together (1994 - Remaster)
22-Steppin' Up In Class
23-Let The Door Hit You
24-Hookie
JYMK-2004-I Had To Get With It @320
Hey Baby
TRACKS
01-Hey Baby
02-I Got Somebody
03-Million Buck Woman
04-Camel Walk
05-In The Alley
06-Lets Do It
07-All Shucks
08-Time Changes Everything
09-Better Or Worse
10-What Could Love Be
11-Game Too Strong
12-Hate Will Change The World
JYMK-2010-Hey Baby @FLAC
Anthology:
His Early Years
(2CD)
TRACKS
101-The Walk
102-She Felt Too Good
103-Let's Do It
104-Georgia Slop
105-Get Tough
106-One Track Love
107-Just Got To Know
108-Trottin
109-Love For You
110-The Wobble
111-Too Late To Change
112-With Your Love
113-Susie And Pat
114-Fare-Well
115-You've Been Misled
116-By Myself
117-Get Back
118-Doomed Lover
119-I Don't Care
120-You Rascal You
121-Every Night
122-No One To Love Me
123-Shame, Shame, Shame
124-The Bridge
125-Don't Deceive
126-What's That (Part 1)
127-Savoy's Jump
128-My Days Are Limited
129-You're The One
201-She's Gone
202-I Wanna' Make LoveTo You
203-Share And Share Alike
204-Take-A-Chance
205-I'm The One
206-I Cried
207-Fare You Well
208-The End
209-Later On
210-The Cheater
211-Hear My Story
212-I'm Through
213-Country Baby
214-I Need Your Loving
215-The Swinging Thing
216-The Wobble (Hurt Me)
217-Everybody Rock
218-I Don't Want No Woman
219-Blues And Trouble
220-I Know
221-Hello Baby
222-I Am To Blame
223-He Knows The Rules
224-We Could Make A Go I Know
225-Everytime
226-Come On
227-Night And Day
228-Take Care Of Yourself
229-You Look So Fine (Take 1)
JYMK-2020-Anthology; His Early Years (2CD) @320
(Thanks to Red Rooster)
Trottin' With Jimmy McCracklin
TRACKS
01-Trottin'
02-The Wobble
03-Suffer
04-I'll Take the Blame
05-The Walk
06-Later On
07-Get Tough
08-Minnie Lee
09-Take Care of Yourself
10-He Knows the Rules
11-I Know
12-I'm to Blame
13-I'm Through
JYMK-2020-Trottin' With Jimmy McCracklin @FLAC
Spotlight on Jimmy McCracklin:
The Rockin' Man
TRACKS
01-Big Foot Mama (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters)
02-Rockin' All Day (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters)
03-Gotta Cut Out (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters)
04-Just Won't Let Her Go (J.McCracklin & Blues Blasters)
05-What's Your Phone Number (J.McCracklin & Blues
Blasters)
06-Rockin' Man (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters)
07-House Rockin' Blues (Jimmy McCracklin)
08-She's Gone (Jimmy McCracklin Orchestra)
09-She Felt Too Good (Jimmy McCracklin & Orchestra)
10-Blues Blasters Boogie (J.McCracklin & Blues Blasters)
11-Give My Heart A Break (J.McCracklin & Blues Blasters)
12-Gonna Tell Your Mother (Jimmy McCracklin)
13-Take-A-Chance (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters)
14-I Wanna Make Love To you (J.McCracklin & Blues
Blasters)
15-Savoy's Jump (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters)
16-Beer Tavern Girl (Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues
Blasters)
17-Everybody Rock (Jimmy McCracklin)
18-The Walk (Jimmy McCracklin)
19-Georgia Slop (Jimmy McCracklin)
20-Let's Do It (The Chicken Scratch) (Jimmy McCracklin)
21-The Wobble (Jimmy McCracklin)
22-Susie And Pat (Jimmy McCracklin & His Orchestra)
23-He Knows The Rules (Jimmy McCracklin)
24-The Drag (Jimmy McCracklin)
25-Trottin (Jimmy McCracklin)
26-Don't Have To Worry (Jerry Thomas)
27-What You Did To Me (Johnny Parker & His Orchestra)
28-Oh Red (Jimmy Wilson & His Blues Blasters)
JYMK-2021-Spotlight On Jimmy McCracklin @320
COLLECTION
(1945-48)
TRACKS
01-Miss Mattie Left Me
02-Mean Mistreated Lover
03-Highway 101
04-Baby Don't You Want To Go
05-Achin' Heart
06-Street Loafin' Woman
07-You Deceived Me
08-Ola May
09-She's A Wino
10-Rock And Rye - Part 1
11-Rock And Rye - Part 2
12-You Had Your Chance
13-Special For You
14-Rock And Rye (1947)
15-Miss Minnie Lee Blues (1947)
16-Playin' On Me
17-Big Foot Mama (1947)
18-Bad Luck And Trouble (1948)
19-Railroad Blues (1948)
20-Jimmy's Blues
21-Bad Condition Blues (1948)
22-Blues Blasters Shuffle (1948)
CHLL-Jimmy McCracklin-Chronological Classics (1945-48) @FLAC (1948-51)
TRACKS
01-Low Down Mood
02-She's My Baby
03-When I'm Gone
04-South Side Mood
05-Listen Woman
06-I Can't Understand Love
07-Josephine (Just Won't Let Her Go)
08-I'll Get A Break Someday
09-Love When It Rains
10-Your Heart Ain't Right
11-I Think My Time Is Here
12-Deceivin' Blues
13-Beer Drinkin' Woman
14-Up And Down Blues
15-Just Won't Let Her Go
16-Rockin' All Day
17-Gotta Cut Out
18-You Deceived Me
19-Bad Health Blues
20-Hamburger Joint
21-Looking For A Woman
22-You Don't Love Me
23-I'm Gonna Have My Fun
24-True Love Blues
25-Rockin' Man
CHLL-Jimmy McCracklin-Chronological Classics (1948-51) @FLAC
(1951-54)
TRACKS
01-What's Your Phone Number
02-That's Life
03-Blues For The People
04-I Found That Woman
05-House Rockin' Blues
06-Movin' On Down The Line
07-I Am Tired
08-My Days Are Limited
09-She's Gone
10-Share And Share Alike
11-I Cried
12-The Cheater
13-She Felt Too Good
14-You Better Think Awhile
15-Pleasin' Papa
16-Keep Trying
17-The End
18-Hear My Story
19-I Don't Want No Woman
20-Blues And Trouble
21-Hello Baby
22-We Could Make A Go I Know
23-Everytime
24-Night And Day
25-You Look So Fine
CHLL-Jimmy McCracklin-Chronological Classics (1951-54) @FLAC
Vol.66 Jimmy McCracklin
Vol.66
01-The Walk
02-I'm To Blame
03-Minnie Lee
04-Take Care Of Yourself
05-Suffer
06-Get Tough
07-Later On
08-Everybody Rock
09-Come On
10-I Know
11-Country Baby
12-He Knows The Rules
13-The Wobble
14-I'm Through
15-Hurt Me
16-I'll Take The Blame
17-One Track Love
18-Trottin'
TBC-Vol.66 Jimmy McCracklin (San Francisco Blues) @FLAC
a.k.a.
San Francisco Blues
TRACKS
01-The Walk
02-I'm to Blame
03-Minnie Lee
04-Take Care of Yourself
05-Suffer
06-Get Tough
07-Later On
08-Everybody Rock
09-Come On
10-I Know
11-Country Baby
12-He Knows the Rules
13-The Wobble
14-I'm Through
15-Hurt Me
16-I'll Take the Blame
17-One Track Love
18-Trottin'
LGDB-Vol.34-Jimmy Mccracklin-San Francisco Blues @FLAC
Vol.08 - Chanteurs #1
TRACKS
01-Please Send Me Someone To Love (Percy Mayfield)
02-Lost Love (Percy Mayfield)
03-Advice (For Men Only) (Percy Mayfield)
04-Cry Baby (Percy Mayfield)
05-I Dare You Baby (Percy Mayfield)
06-The Hunt Is On (Percy Mayfield)
07-Louisiana (Percy Mayfield)
08-The Bachelor Blues (Percy Mayfield)
09-Jimmy's Blues (Jimmy McCracklin)
10-Special For You (Jimmy McCracklin)
11-She's Gone (Jimmy McCracklin)
12-My Days Are Limited (Jimmy McCracklin)
13-She Felt Too Good (Jimmy McCracklin)
14-The Cheater (Jimmy McCracklin)
15-Share And Share Alike (Jimmy McCracklin)
16-Pleasin' Papa (Jimmy McCracklin)
17-Two Little Girl (Jimmy Witherspoon)
18-Corn Whiskey (Jimmy Witherspoon)
19-It (Jimmy Witherspoon)
20-Lucille (Jimmy Witherspoon)
21-Foolish Prayer (Jimmy Witherspoon)
22-The Last Mile (Jimmy Witherspoon)
23-Destruction Blues (Jimmy Witherspoon)
24-Wee Baby Blues (Jimmy Witherspoon)
25-Ain't Nobody's Business (Jimmy Witherspoon)
Les Triomphes du R&B-Vol.08-Chanteurs #1 @FLAC
1 comment:
hi Chris,
Do you have the whole collection of it??
Les Triomphes du R&B
Greetz Erik
Post a Comment